The Ascent is a cyberpunk-themed action solo and co-op RPG that has been developed by Neon Giant and published by Curve Digital. It’s available for PC and Xbox platforms & it has received an overwhelming response on Steam which is a really good thing. However, some players are getting affected a lot by multiple bugs or errors. and The Ascent Data Miner Bug is one of them. If you’re one of the victims, make sure to follow this guide.
As the title is quite new and comes as one of the Indie games, it may possible that players will experience plenty of errors, crashes, bugs, etc initially. So, the chances are high enough to encounter several issues whether you’re playing it on the PC or Xbox console. But it’s needless to say that most of the PC titles always go through multiple issues whatsoever than any other platform.
How to Fix The Ascent Data Miner Bug
According to multiple reports online, plenty of players are getting affected by the data miner bug while playing the ‘Speak with Kira’ objective in the mission. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the steps below.
Steps to Fix ‘Speak with Kira’ Bug
- If you’re already playing the ‘Speak with Kira’ mission objective and somehow the game doesn’t progress at all from that point then you should try fixing this issue by shooting out the perimeter of the bounds initially.
- Now, if you find enemies near you after the first step then just kill the enemies to get progress in the gameplay easily.
- If you’re an Xbox console user then you may need to start the new character again to fix this issue. Otherwise, you may have to wait until the patch fix releases.
- As per one of the Redditors, even though completing another side quest where the player has to plant bacteria behind an ice 1 door after upgrading the cyberdeck. But unfortunately, this didn’t help with the main quest. However, you should try it out.
Additionally, you can take a backup of the in-game save profile file, and rename/edit it to another. So, that the new game progress data will start saving properly if there was some issue with the existing one.
- Take a backup of the ‘SaveProfiles.sav’ game file that you can find to the following path: %APPDATA%\..\Local\TheAscent\Saved\SaveGames
- Now, make sure to download and install a free hex editor tool on your PC > Open the hex editor app > Go to File > Click on Open > Select SaveProfiles.sav.
- Press the Ctrl + F keys to search for the ‘InProgress’ file and hit Enter.
- This will simply highlight ‘EMissionState::InProgress’ users to change it to ‘EMissionState::Completed’.
- Then delete the last ‘s’ character > Just confirm before saving it that you’ve done.
- Finally, press the Ctrl + S keys to save the changes.
Please Note: There are a couple of drawbacks of this method as well. According to the players, they’ll be able to undertake the completed side quests again and all areas will become unexplored again on the in-game map. However, this is much preferable rather than starting over a new character again.
Steps to Fix ‘Appropriate the AG OPS Data Vault’ Bug
- During the shootout at the end of the ‘Appropriate the AG OPS Data Vault’ mission, it’s recommended to be in the center of the room.
- Make sure to keep the console on the balcony within your eyesight in the gameplay.
- Finally, completing the hurdle of the enemies with the console off-screen can also help players to prevent the data miner issue.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide helpful. For further queries, you can comment below.