DisplayPort is a common connector format in your PC that delivers a high-performance display feature. It looks similar to the HDMI port but with a different set of standards. For a better display, the user connects their Computer to a different monitor via DisplayPort. However, there are various instances when it runs into an issue with no signal on your Monitor’s screen.
Various PC users have gone through a situation where their DisplayPort does not show any signal on the Monitor. There can even be circumstances that an HDMI port is working completely fine but not the DisplayPort. Here are some of the tried and tested fixes that will help you in getting rid of the “DisplayPort No Signal” issue. Have a look:
Table of Contents
Reasons behind the “DisplayPort No Signal” issue
There can be a number of reasons that cause the “DisplayPort No Signal” issue, out of which most of them are hardware related, and only a few of them trace back to software glitches. Some of them include:
- Broken DisplayPort
- Outdated or missing device drivers
- Inappropriate refresh rate
Fixes: DisplayPort No Signal
With various reasons on the list, there are possibly a lot of fixes as well, that can become your savior in cases you are undergoing the “DisplayPort No Signal” issue.
FIX 1: Check Your DisplayPort Connection:
In several of the cases, the “DisplayPort No Signal” issue arises if the DisplayPort connecter is plugged in inappropriately or loosely. That is why, in case of any similar problem, it is always advisable to re-check the cable once.
Plug it out and then re-plug it again firmly. Make sure you push the connector well so that the pins lock into position nicely. After re-plugging the connector, re-check whether the Monitor shows DisplayPort signals or not. If not, jump to the next fix on the list.
FIX 2: Restart and Reconnect the Devices:
A simple workaround that works miraculously for most of the similar issues is Restart and Reconnect. It is one of the simplest, fastest, and most-effective methods as per a lot of the suffered users. Let’s learn how:
- Firstly, close all the opened applications and Shut Down your PC entirely.
- Now disconnect the main power cables and all monitors and adjoining cables from your computer. Unplug the DisplayPort as well and wait for a few minutes.
- Now reconnect the Monitor (that encountered the no signal issue) via DisplayPort to the computer. Also, Plug the power cable back to the device and then Start your Computer.
- Finally, connect the DisplayPort and check whether the Monitor catches the signal now. If yes, the issue got resolved. If no, try the next fix below.
FIX 3: Update the Graphic Driver:
If the Graphic Driver is not compatible with your system or not of the latest build, it can also cause the “DisplayPort No Signal” issue. Here the solution is to update the Graphic driver. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, press Windows + X keys simultaneously and choose Device Manager from the Context menu.
- On the Device Manager window, expand the options display adapter by clicking on the arrow adjoining it.
- Now from the expanded list of drivers, right-click on the driver you want to update and then click on Update driver from the submenu.
- From the next popped-up window, click on the option Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the on-screen instruction to complete the installation process.
- Once done, restart your system, reconnect the DisplayPort with the Monitor and check whether the issue got resolved or not.
FIX 4: Change the Refresh Rate on the Monitor:
The “DisplayPort No Signal” issue can also be a result of an inappropriate Refresh rate. Thus, changing the Refresh Rate on the Monitor might help in this case. For doing so,
NOTE: 60 Hz is a good enough refresh rate for performing a daily task on your computer, but if it gets dropped, it might start creating some issues.
- Firstly, open the Settings window.
- On the Settings window, navigate to System and then click on Display from the left-pane menu.
- Scroll down the right-pane menu and click on the option Advanced display settings.
- On the next screen, click on the option Display adapter properties.
- On the next pop-up, navigate to the Monitor tab from the vertical menu.
- Here under Monitor settings, open the drop-down menu for Screen refresh rate and then select a refresh rate (preferably above 60 Hz, the higher, the better).
- Finally, click on OK and then Apply.
Once done, reconnect the DisplayPort and check whether it connects back swiftly without any issue or not.
FIX 5: Try another cable or device:
If none of the above fixes works for you, then there’s a possibility that either of the cable or Monitor you are using is defective. Firstly, consider using another cable, and if it works, then the cable you were using earlier was damaged or defective.
If the issue doesn’t get resolved yet, try the old cable with another monitor or Computer. If it works fine, then there’s some fault with your earlier device.
These were some of the best possible and verified fixes that have worked for a lot of suffered users. Trying them will help you in getting rid of the “DisplayPort no signal” issue. We have considered both the software and hardware and then the fixes accordingly to them.
If there’s any defect with the cable, it is advisable to visit a trained technician for better guidance. Do not try to fix that at home, or you might end up damaging it more. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.