A mobile phone usually shows your choice and likings towards the design and performance just like a Computer or Laptop. But in a few years, mobile phone technology has increased like a sky-high and offers great value for money displays as well. However, the display quality also depends on the smartphone specifications and price tag. The most common issues of Android display screens are dead pixels or stuck pixels. These are not noticeable in normal lighting conditions. Here in this article, we will share with you How to test a mobile display screen easily.
When the small color pigments of your screen get busted due to some reasons, you will see dead pixels. This will result in a tiny black spot on your screen. Meanwhile, the stuck pixels are the color pigments of the display that become frozen. In this case, it will be unable to change to other colors mostly.
Steps to test a mobile display screen
Fortunately, these issues can be fixed easily if you notice it quite early. That’s why you should test a mobile display screen like brightness, contrast, color saturation, color area, etc. Here are some possible ways to check out the display screen on your phone easily.
1. Set a Dark Black Background
In order to check the issues, set a dark black background on your phone with the highest possible brightness. Now, check for all four edges of the display whether the screen bleeds some lights from the sides or not. If yes, then go to the service center to replace the display or fix the PDA pasting properly. Sometimes, PDA can’t be fixed properly when manufacturing and it may cause the screen bleeding issue. However, in the colorful lighting and backgrounds, you won’t notice this issue.
2. Set Highest Brightness under the Sunlight
Now, most of the smartphones do come with brightness settings option. It also offers lower to higher and cool to warm display effects for better visibility in conditional situations. Under the sunlight, if your device is set to the highest brightness level, you can still see the display and its texts easily without any issue. If not, then try to adjust the display contrast or saturation limit as well.
3. Use a Display Screen Tester to test a mobile display screen
The rest of the display testing task will be done by a single useful app. For your Android smartphone, you can download and install the Display Tester app from the Google Play Store easily. The link is given below.
- Now, after installing this app from the Google Play Store normally on your device, open the app.
- It will ask for Data Protection Consent to allow. Tap on yes, ‘I Agree’ button and proceed.
- Now, it will tell you to press the close button on the screen. Tap on it.
- The main app testing screen will appear.
- Here in the Basics section, you will get all the possible device software and hardware information.
- Now, tap on the Tests tab and you will see a bunch of display tests, color tests option along with multi-touch counter as well.
- Next, select any of the tests which you want to check out and run the test.
- First, you need to check for a defective pixel detection test.
- Then test the greyscale and contrast.
- That’s it.
If you can find any issues, you should repair your phone screen. Otherwise, replace it if within the warranty.