Threads, Meta’s new social media platform, has had thousands of new users signing up in days. It portrays itself as an alternative to Twitter, and with its integration with Instagram, it already boasts an active user base of 2 billion monthly active users. But not every post that someone uploads is pleasing to everyone. That is a problem with all social media apps in general. A platform does provide a voice to everyone, but what content is posted is not entirely under the platform’s control all the time.
So features like blocking and muting profiles were introduced in several social media platforms, and Threads is no exception. This article will guide you through the steps to mute or unmute someone on threads. There are multiple ways to mute or unmute someone, and we will discuss all of them. So, without any further ado, let’s get into it.
How to Mute and Unmute Someone on Threads?
Muting or unmuting someone won’t remove them from your list of followers or make you inaccessible to them. But it would prevent your feed from loading any posts from the muted users. So the mute feature specifically blocks outposts, not the user itself.
How to Mute Someone on Threads?
- Open the Thread app.
- Go to the thread profile that you want to mute.
- Tap on the three-dot icon at the top right corner and choose Mute.
- Confirm the action by tapping on Mute posts.
This method involves muting someone from the feed itself.
- Go to the thread post of the profile that you want to mute.
- Tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner of the post.
- Select Mute Thread.
- You will see the option to mute the thread for 30 minutes, 1 hour, 8 hours, 24 hours, or indefinitely.
- Choose appropriately and then tap on Save. Remember, though, this will only mute the thread post. If you wish to mute the profile entirely, follow the abovementioned method.
How to Unmute Someone on Threads?
Unmuting a profile on the thread will restore the posts and messages the profile shared while it was on Mute. If you are certain you want to unmute, follow the method mentioned below.
- Go to the profile page of the user that you previously muted.
- Tap on the three-dot icon in the top right corner.
- Choose the option Unmute.
- To confirm your action, choose the option Unmute posts.
This is the simple way of unmuting someone. You can do the same via the settings page as well.
- Open Threads app.
- Tap on your profile icon to open up the profile page.
- Tap on the hamburger icon.
- From the list of options that show up, choose Privacy.
- Then tap on Mute to see the list of accounts you put on Mute.
- Look for the profile that you want to unmute, and once you find it, tap on the unmute button next to it.
So these are all the ways to mute or unmute someone on Threads. If you have any questions or queries about this article, comment below, and we will reply. Also, check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more helpful information.