The AKASO camera is a well-loved and versatile photography device cherished for its ability to capture stunning images and videos in various settings. Whether capturing action shots during sports, preserving memories during travel adventures, or simply preserving everyday moments, the AKASO camera’s portability makes it the perfect companion. It’s also not very expensive, making it a desirable choice.
However, a crucial aspect of getting the most out of this camera is ensuring a seamless connection to a smartphone, tablet, or computer. This connection allows for transferring photos and videos and the ability to control the camera remotely.
Unfortunately, the AKASO camera may sometimes not connect as desired, leaving photographers feeling frustrated and hindered. In this article, we will share why this may occur and provide practical solutions to address the issue. Additionally, we will also share some tips and insights to avoid future connection problems and ensure a smooth, uninterrupted photography experience.
- Reasons for AKASO Camera Not Connecting
- Steps to Fix the AKASO Camera Not Connecting Issue
- Tips to Prevent AKASO Camera Connection Issues
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Why won’t my AKASO camera connect to my device?
- How do I update the firmware on my AKASO camera?
- Can I use my AKASO camera with multiple devices at the same time?
- What is the best way to prevent connection issues with my AKASO camera?
- What do I do if the AKASO camera won’t connect to my phone?
- How can I improve the Wi-Fi signal for my AKASO camera?
- Can I connect the AKASO camera to multiple devices at the same time?
- Final Words
Reasons for AKASO Camera Not Connecting
There are several reasons why the AKASO camera may not connect to a device. We have shared the most common reasons below:
- Incorrect pairing process: One of the most common reasons is an incorrect pairing process. The AKASO camera must be properly paired with the device in order to establish a connection. If the pairing process is not followed correctly, the camera may not connect or may have trouble staying connected.
- Outdated software or firmware: Another reason for the AKASO camera not connecting is outdated software or firmware. Like all electronic devices, the AKASO camera requires regular software updates to function optimally. If the software or firmware on the camera or device is outdated, it may cause connectivity issues.
- Poor Wi-Fi signal: A weak Wi-Fi signal can also disrupt the connection, causing the camera to struggle to establish or maintain a link.
- Interference from other devices: Electromagnetic signals emitted by other devices can also affect the AKASO camera’s connection. In order to prevent interference, it is advisable to keep the camera and other devices apart.
Steps to Fix the AKASO Camera Not Connecting Issue
Now that you know the reasons why your AKASO camera isn’t connecting, you can easily fix this issue. To help you, we have compiled a list of six solutions that will help you tackle the issue in no time. Follow the steps given carefully, and you will be good to go.
Fix 1: Switch to a Different Wi-Fi Network
The first thing you should check is your Wi-Fi network. Poor Wi-Fi signal can also contribute to the AKASO camera not connecting. If you’re having trouble connecting, try switching to a different Wi-Fi network. This can help you determine if the Wi-Fi signal strength is the root cause of the issue.
Here’s how to switch to a different Wi-Fi network:
- Disconnect from the current Wi-Fi network.
- Connect to a different Wi-Fi network with a strong signal.
- Attempt to connect the AKASO camera to your device.
Fix 2: Restart the Camera and Device
If the Wi-Fi signal is strong and the camera is still not connecting, the next step is to restart both devices. This basic solution can often restore the connection.
To restart the AKASO camera, execute these steps:
- Turn off the camera.
- Wait a few moments.
- Turn the camera back on.
To restart the paired device, consult the manufacturer’s instructions. Once both devices have restarted, attempt to reconnect the AKASO camera. If the camera still fails to connect, proceed to the next solution.
Fix 3: Try Connecting to a Different Device
If the AKASO camera still doesn’t connect after restarting both the camera and the device, try connecting the camera to a different device. This can help determine if the issue is with the camera or the original device.
To connect the AKASO camera to a different device, follow these steps:
- Turn off the original device and the AKASO camera.
- Turn on the new device and wait for it to start up fully.
- Turn on the AKASO camera and place it in pairing mode.
- Follow the instructions for pairing the AKASO camera with the new device.
Fix 4: Delete the Camera from the Device’s Paired List
If the AKASO camera was previously paired with the device and is now not connecting, deleting the camera from the device’s paired list and then re-pairing it may resolve the issue.
To delete the AKASO camera from the device’s paired list, follow these steps:
- On the device, go to the Bluetooth settings.
- Find the AKASO camera in the list of paired devices.
- Tap on the AKASO camera to access its options.
- Tap “Forget this device” or “Unpair.”
- Confirm the action to delete the camera from the paired list.
- Place the AKASO camera in pairing mode and follow the instructions for pairing the camera with the device.
Fix 5: Return the Camera to its Factory Settings
If none of the previous fixes has resolved the connection issue, resetting the AKASO camera to its factory settings may be necessary. This will erase any current configurations on the camera, allowing it to start from scratch.
Note: Resetting your camera will delete all your camera settings.
Here’s how to reset the AKASO camera to its factory settings:
- Remove the SD Card from your camera and reformat it using a computer. You may want to back it up first.
- Then, go to your camera and tap on the settings (cog-like) icon.
- Then, scroll down and tap on Reset.
- Tap “Confirm” to reset your camera.
- Follow the pairing instructions to connect the camera to your device.
Fix 6: Verify and Upgrade the Firmware
The final troubleshooting step for this issue is to examine the firmware on both the camera and the paired device. The firmware is the software that manages the camera’s functions, and outdated versions can result in connectivity problems. So, it’s important to keep the firmware up-to-date.
Note: Updating the firmware is a risky process, according to AKASO. AKASO is not responsible for any damage to your device in the process of firmware update. So, proceed to caution.
To upgrade the firmware, follow these steps:
- First, you need to check your camera’s model number. On your camera, tap on the settings (cog-like) icon.
- Then, scroll all the way down and tap on Version.
- Here, you will see your model number.
- Acquire the firmware update tool from the AKASO website.
- Connect the AKASO camera to a computer or mobile device.
- Carefully follow the instructions provided by the update tool to update the camera’s firmware.
- After updating the camera, inspect the paired device for any available firmware updates. If present, install them.
You can also watch this video from Akaso’s official YouTube channel for detailed instructions:
Tips to Prevent AKASO Camera Connection Issues
You have fixed the issue now, but what about later? Here are some tips to prevent AKASO camera connection issues from occurring in the future.
Tip 1: Maintain Up-to-Date Software and Firmware
Keeping your AKASO camera’s software and firmware up-to-date can help prevent connection issues. New updates often contain bug fixes and performance improvements that can resolve issues with the camera. To keep your software and firmware up-to-date, regularly check for available updates and install them when prompted.
Tip 2: Avoid Interference
Keeping the AKASO camera away from other electronic devices can help prevent interference that can lead to connection issues. Additionally, it’s important to minimize the number of devices that are connected to your Wi-Fi network to prevent overloading the network and causing problems with the camera’s connection.
Tip 3: Ensure a Strong and Stable Wi-Fi Connection
A strong and stable Wi-Fi connection is essential for the AKASO camera to connect and function properly. To ensure a strong Wi-Fi connection, place the camera in a location with good Wi-Fi coverage and avoid areas with weak signals or interference. Additionally, it may be helpful to restart your router or modem if you’re experiencing poor Wi-Fi performance.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why won’t my AKASO camera connect to my device?
There could be several reasons why your AKASO camera is not connecting to your device, such as an incorrect pairing process, outdated software or firmware, poor Wi-Fi signal, and interference from other devices.
How do I update the firmware on my AKASO camera?
To update the firmware on your AKASO camera, you need to download the firmware update tool from the manufacturer’s website and follow the instructions provided to install it on your camera.
Can I use my AKASO camera with multiple devices at the same time?
No, you can only connect your AKASO camera to one device at a time.
What is the best way to prevent connection issues with my AKASO camera?
To prevent connection issues with your AKASO camera, it is recommended to keep the software and firmware up-to-date, keep the camera away from other devices, and use a strong and stable Wi-Fi connection.
What do I do if the AKASO camera won’t connect to my phone?
First, make sure that your phone’s Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are turned on. Then, try restarting both your phone and the AKASO camera. If the issue persists, check if there’s a firmware update available for the camera and update it if necessary. If all else fails, try connecting the camera to a different device.
How can I improve the Wi-Fi signal for my AKASO camera?
You can improve the Wi-Fi signal for your AKASO camera by placing the camera closer to the Wi-Fi router, avoiding obstacles that may obstruct the signal, and using a Wi-Fi extender to increase the range of the Wi-Fi network.
Can I connect the AKASO camera to multiple devices at the same time?
No, the AKASO camera can only be connected to one device at a time. To switch to a different device, you will need to disconnect from the current device and pair the camera with the new device.
This was a detailed guide on how to fix AKASO camera connectivity issues. With the steps and tips provided in this article, you can now easily resolve any issues that may arise. The AKASO camera is a great tool for capturing photos and videos, and now, thanks to this guide, you can guarantee an uninterrupted connection with your device. If you have any further questions, let us know in the comments section below.