Larian Studios has done a tremendous job by releasing Baldur’s Gate 3 as a character-customization role-playing video game in Aug 2023. It’s the third main title in the Baldur’s Gate lineup, almost based on Dungeons & Dragons. This story-rich party-based RPG allows players to get into the choices of fellowship, survival, betrayal, sacrifice, etc. Though the title is doing pretty well in the community, some players are reporting about the Baldur’s Gate 3 Epilogue Not Working Issue.
Baldur’s Gate 3 has included an epilogue that fails to trigger and affected players become frustrated a lot. It leaves players without the proper closing after the final battle. So many players have started reporting the same issue that appears after the dock scene where the Baldur’s Gate 3 game weirdly transitions to the credits without even showing the post-romance scene (Karlach Avernus scene). Whereas some other players also mentioned that the kiss of Astarion animation doesn’t work properly.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Epilogue Not Working Issue Fix
Well, this specific issue seems to be related to some mods which causes the conflicts in the epilogue. An outdated game patch version or corrupted game files might also trouble you a lot. Now, if you’re also encountering the same issue then don’t worry. Fortunately, here we’ve shared with you some workarounds that might come in handy. Make sure to follow all troubleshooting methods until the problem has been fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Force Close and Relaunch the Game
Make sure to force close the Baldur’s Gate 3 game on the PC and then close the same task from Task Manager. Next, you can relaunch the game to check if the problem still bothers you or not. To do so:
- Exit and close Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Press the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Go to Processes > Right-click on Baldur’s Gate 3 task.
- Select End Task > Once done, relaunch the game.
2. Check for Baldur’s Gate 3 Updates
Mostly an outdated game patch version might trouble you a lot with the in-game conflicts. You can check for the game updates to the latest version to ensure there is no issue with the game running. Make sure to follow the steps below to do so:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Baldur’s Gate 3 from the left pane.
- Now, Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Wait for a couple of minutes to complete the update.
- Once done, close Steam, and reboot your PC to apply changes.
3. Verify and Repair the Game Files
Sometimes there might be an issue with the installed game files like corrupted or missing game files on the PC. It eventually causes game launching or running issues in most cases.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Baldur’s Gate 3 from the list of installed games.
- Click on Properties > Go to the Local Files files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, restart your computer.
4. Remove Mod Fixer
You can try uninstalling Mod Fixer from your mods list which may resolve issues with the epilogue. Some mods like Basket of Equipment may come with an integrated Mod Fixer which causes conflicts with the epilogue.
5. Use BG3 Modders Multitool
Another thing you can use the Baldur’s Gate 3 Modders Multitool by following the steps below to easily fix the epilogue not working issue.
- Download and Install the Baldur’s Gate 3 Modders Multitool.
- Unpack the mod using the multitool.
- Delete all folders except for the meta file.
- Make sure you keep the meta file and its associated folder.
- Now, repack the source folder using the multitool.
- Then put the modified mod into your load order.
- Once done, check for the epilogue issue again.
6. Update Mods
It’s also recommended to check for all mods including Basket of Equipment and Tav’s Hair Salon. An updated version of installed mods will be crucial enough to run the Baldur’s Gate 3 Epilogue properly. The chances are high that Mod developers periodically release patch updates to fix the mod compatibility issues.
7. Check and Modify Mod Load Order
You can use Baldur’s Gate 3 Modders Multitool or other mod management tools to cross-check if the issue has been fixed. Try adjusting your mod load order to avoid conflicts in the epilogue.
8. Review Other Installed Mods
If the problem persists, make sure to review other installed mods in the Baldur’s Gate 3 game such as Basket of Equipment, Tav’s Hair Salon, etc. Some of the players have mentioned that temporarily disabling those mods in the game fixed epilogue-triggering issues up to some extent.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.