Screenshots are extremely helpful for capturing memories, sharing insights, storing important information, and whatnot. However, if you are using a mobile device, you might have come across a situation where you simply can’t take a screenshot. Due to their security policy, this usually happens with banking apps and other similar or confidential apps.
Nevertheless, this can be annoying at times. Especially when you are trying to store something important to use later or send it to someone else, not being able to take a screenshot can be daunting. Thankfully, it’s not impossible to take a screenshot by bypassing security policies. In this article, we will share some methods to get around these security restrictions and freely take a screenshot.
Reasons For Can’t Take Screenshot Due to Security Policy
Here are some of the reasons why you can’t take a screenshot:
- You are using Incognito mode. Incognito mode, by default, forbids the user from taking any screenshot. This is to ensure that no private information is leaked while you’re browsing Incognito.
- You are in a video call. Several apps, especially those apps where privacy is a concern, bar users from taking screenshots.
- You are using a banking app. Since your banking information is extremely confidential, most banking apps do not entertain taking any screenshot while you are using the app.
- Another instance where you might be unable to take a screenshot is while viewing one-time or self-destructive messages that include photos/videos.
Fix Can’t Take Screenshot Due to Security Policy
Can’t Take Screenshot in Chrome Incognito Mode
The Android OS prevents the screenshot while browsing on the browser or other platforms in Incognito Mode. However, if you try to take a screenshot on the Incognito Mode you will receive the message on your phone screen “can’t take screenshot due to security policy.” But the good news is you can enable screenshots in Incognito Mode by following the mentioned steps:
- Head over to Chrome Browser on your device.
- Type chrome://flags in the search bar at the top and hit Enter.
- In the search box at the top of the screen, type “Incognito Screenshot.” Now Incognito Screenshot will appear on the screen.
- Select Enabled option from the pop-up menu by clicking on it.
For Firefox Browser:
- Launch Firefox browser on your device.
- Tap on the three vertical dots to open the settings menu on the screen.
- Choose Settings option.
- Now tap the Private Browsing option.
- Here, you will see the “Allow screenshot in private browsing” option, simply tap the toggle next to it.
- Restart your browser and try to take an screenshot. And you will be able to take a screenshot without any difficulties or error messages.
Use Screen Cast
If you’re trying to capture the screenshot of your desired application or something on your device and it shows “Can’t take screenshot due to security policy” it’s likely that there’s an issue with the app policy. In such cases, you can try using the screen cast to take a screenshot. However, if you can find a way to cast your device screen to another, you can easily take a screenshot from your connected device. For example, you can cast your smartphone to your Smart TVs as long as it connected to a network. Here’s how you can cast the screen on your Android by following the mentioned steps:
- Head over to Settings on your device.
- Choose “Connection and Sharing” > Cast.
- If you don’t find these options. Simply search for Cast in the search bar and you will easily find them.
- Turn on cast screen content to an external monitor. Make sure both the phone and your Smart TV are connected to the same router.
If you’re an iPhone user, you need an Apple TV or AirPlay 2 to cast your screen. Here’s are the steps to cast the screen from your iPhone devices.
- Firstly, make sure that your iPhone and your Smart TV are connected to the same network.
- Again, navigate to Control Center and select Screen Mirroring.
- On the next page, select your Apple TV.
- AirPlay code will be appeared on the monitor. Enter this code on your iPhone device.
Once your Apple TV is connected with your iPhone device, take the screenshot. Alternatively, the latest Smart TVs will have a great feature to take a screenshot by using an in-built feature or third-party applications. Make sure to read the manual of your Smart TVs to know the details to capture the screenshot.
Use Third-Party Apps to Take Screenshot
There are several third-party apps that can help you take a screenshot on your device. Oftentimes, it feels impossible to take a screenshot, especially when using banking apps or when you are on a video call with someone. If the above methods don’t work, you should try this.
Several apps available on the app stores can give you this functionality. Our pick is Private Screenshots. You can install this app (Private Screenshots) from the Google Play Store. Once the app is installed, launch it and grant the necessary permissions. This way, you can take screenshots of any instance of any app.
Make Sure There’s Enough Storage Space
Another common reason why you can’t be able to take screenshots on your device is due to enough storage space. For your information, the screenshot applications works on a memory basis which enables to take a screenshot on the device. However, it will not work if it cannot allocate memory for the application on the device. Therefore, ensure your system has enough storage space to save or capture the screenshot on your device.
Alternatively, remove unwanted files and applications from your device to free up storage space. If your device has an external storage, then you should replace it to store more data. By doing this, you may easily take a screenshot on your device, which will automatically save on your device folder.
Use Google Assistant to Take Screenshot
You can also try using Google Assistant and Siri to capture the screenshot of your screen. Nowadays, Google Assistant and Siri are upgraded as well and you can easily access your device by using the voice commands. So, if you’re not able to take a screenshot of showing an error message on the screen, you should try using the Google Assistant and Siri to take a picture of the screen with the help of voice commands. Here’s how you can do this.
On Android Device:
- First, download and install Google Assistant on your device and ensure it’s updated if you have already installed it.
- Now sign in with your Google account and set up by following the screen instructions.
- Tap on your profile icon at the top right corner to head to Settings.
- Scroll down to bottom and select General option.
- Now select Use Screen Cast option and you will see the option “Use Screenshot.”
- Simply tap the toggle next to Use Screenshot to enable it.
- Now close the settings and launch Google Assistant on your device.
- Say “Hey Google” or “OK Google.”
- Now you have to say, “Take a Screenshot.”
- The Google Assistant will automatically take a picture of your screen and save it on your device folder.
If you are using iOS devices and facing an issue while taking screenshots of your screen, don’t worry. You can capture the screenshot by taking the help of Siri. Simply command your Siri using the voice and say, “Hey Siri,” “Take a Screenshot.” Now your iPhone will automatically take a screenshot of your screen and save it on your device gallery.
That’s how you bypass the security policies of the apps to take a screenshot anywhere. However, it is important to keep the consequences of your actions in mind. If any of your banking information is leaked, you might have to pay a fortune. Moreover, taking screenshots of people’s private photos/videos should always be avoided. However, if you’re taking a screenshot for any other genuine reason, that’s completely fine. If you have any further questions, leave them down in the comments section below.