In today’s world of social media, Instagram remains the dominant platform that attracts users with its visual storytelling capabilities. With over a million posts and videos shared every day, Instagram is a popular choice for sharing pictures and videos. Memories are an important way to reminisce about the good times with family and friends, and in this article, we will guide you on how to view your Instagram Memories for the year 2024.
The “On This Day” feature of Instagram, also known as Instagram Memories, allows you to revisit your past posts on a particular date. This feature lets you take a trip down memory lane and view your past memories. Instead of scrolling through thousands of photos, Instagram Memories selects photos from specific dates to show you your memories.
Spending excessive time on social media platforms like Instagram is not advisable, but if you are someone who shares posts regularly, it means you are preserving your memories digitally. Memories play a vital role in making you happy by reminiscing about the good times spent with your loved ones. In this article, we will provide you with all the possible ways to view your Instagram memories in the year 2024.
How to See Instagram Memories 2024
As we step into 2024, the allure of reliving past moments has become an integral part of the Instagram experience through the feature known as Instagram Memories. If you want to view your Instagram memories and you don’t know how to view them, this section will tell you how you can do it. You have to go through the Instagram settings and follow these steps.
- Launch the Instagram application.
- Now, tap on the menu icon located at the top right corner.
- Select Archive from the list of options on your screen.
- Memories will appear where you can tap on the Story Archive drop-down menu to select Post Archive or Live Archive.
- Here you can see Stories Archive, Posts Archive, and Live Archive
- Live Archive – All live posts that you have done on Instagram will appear here. This will show how many times you went live and what was the date for those live videos.
- Posts Archive – All the posts you have shared on your profile will be displayed here in this option
- Stories Archive – This is where you will find all the stories that you have shared on your Instagram profile.
Any Instagram story post or live videos that you shared a year ago will appear here at the bottom of the Reminder section. If you have any memories related to this day, they will be displayed immediately with an “On This Day” reminder. By clicking on the share button you can choose to share the past memories with your friends again to remind them.
Other Methods to view the Instagram memories?
While this is the most used and simple method to view Instagram Memories, there are other methods available by which you can see your past memories.
By Checking Your Notification
Like you, Instagram cares for your past memories and that is why, when there are memories related to the date you have in the past, Instagram will send you a notification of the memories. You can tap on the heart icon to check all the notifications and scroll down to check notifications related to your memories.
Use Create a Story Feature
This is a manual method to post your memories too. You can follow these steps to create an On this Day for sharing with your friends.
- Open the Profile page and tap on the plus symbol.
- Tap on Story and choose the Create option.
- You will see a bunch of formats, swipe through until you see the On This Day format.
- Choose your photos and share them with your friends.
If you are unable to see your memories on your Instagram, that means this option is turned off. You can turn it on by following these steps.
- Go to your Instagram Profile page and tap on the menu icon.
- Now, select settings and privacy from the list of options.
- Scroll down and choose Archiving and Downloading (Under Your App and Media Section)
- Turn on the Save Story to archive option.
This brings us to the end of this How to See Instagram Memories 2024 guide. Instagram Memories functionality has undergone significant developments, offering users a seamless and nostalgic journey through their digital archives. There are three methods, and all have been featured in this article. I hope that this article was helpful and helped you in finding the memories and sharing them with your friends and feeling nostalgic about it.