Sid Meyers Civilization VI was released in October 2016 for Windows and macOS. The game is It was later available for Nintendo Switch on November 16, 2018, and for Playstation 4, Xbox One, on November 22, 2019. Civilization VI, like its previous versions of the series, is a turn-based strategy 4X video game, where the main objective the player is to build a civilization of his own over periods of development and to achieve victory conditions. The player can do so by military domination, technological superiority, or cultural influence over the other players in the game or the computer-controlled opponents.
The general gameplay is about achieving the victory conditions, that is, the 4X gameplay elements, namely, eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate. You have to find cities for development, gather resources or amenities, build and expand the city, improve the city technology by using the Technology tree, build a cultural relationship with the help of the Civics tree, build military units and fight against other players or AI-generated computer-controlled opponents. So today’s guide will help the players of Civilization VI to increase amenities in the game.
Table of Contents
How to Increase Amenities in Civilization VI?
The sources of amenities are spread around the cities. However, there are three main sources from which you can gather your amenities:
Now we move on to discuss each one of these in detail.
The luxury sources provide luxury amenities. These are usually the most susceptible amenities to grab as it is available on the map.
Right at the start of your game, you can find the amenities within the tiles. After you get a luxury amenity, you have to improve the tiles. Doing so provides you a +1 amenity for up to 4 cities. Some special ones provide +6.
These amenities automatically distribute to the cities that are in the most need of them, i.e., it depends on the condition of the cities.
Here is a list of all the luxuries that provide +1 to 4 cities, most of which are found on the map:
- CITRUS – SILK – DIAMOND – JADE – MERCURY
- COCOA – SPICES – SALT – SILVER – WHALES
- COFFEE – SUGAR – GYPSUM – MARBLES – FURS
- COTTON – TEA – IVORY – TRUFULLES – PEARLS
- DYES – TOBACCO – COSMETICS – TOYS – JEANS
- INCENSE – WINE
+ 6 LUXURIES:
CINNAMON, CLOVES, AND PERFUME
Having multiple copies of luxuries does not benefit all, trade them for other luxury items or sell them in exchange for gold.
They provide amenities to a city either locally or to all cities in the radius. These are mainly sourced by the Entertainment Complex and Water Park district. There are a lot of locations from where you can get the amenities; some are listed below:
- CAPITAL: +
- ENTERTAINMENT COMPLEX: +2
- STREET CARNIVAL: +2
- BATH: +1
- ARENA: +1
- ZOO: +1 to cities in 6 tiles ( does not stack)
- STADIUM: +2 to cities in 6 tiles
- WATER PARK: +1
- FERRIS WHEEL: +1
- AQUARIUM: +1 to cities in 9 tiles ( the amenities does not stack)
- AQUATICS CENTER: +1 to cities in 9 tiles ( does not stack)
- ALHAMBRA: +2
- COLOSSEUM: +3 to cities in 6 tiles
- ESTADIO DE MARCANA: +2 to all cities
- HUE TEOCALLI: +1 for each adjacent lake tile
The Other Categories
The policies that can provide amenities are:
- CLASSIC REPUBLIC: +1 in cities with a district
- RETAINERS: +1 in cities with a garrisoned unit
- LIBERALISM: +1 in cities with two or more districts
- NEW DEAL: +2 in cities with three or more specialty districts
- SPORTS MEDIA: +1 to all stadiums
- CIVIL PRESTIGE: +1 in cities with governors
In addition to Policies you Can also get Amenities from Great Engineers:
- DREW: +3
- PLAXTON: 1 to all zoo and stadium
- ROEBLING: +1 ( in cities that has two chargers)
- SINAN: +1 ( in cities that has two chargers)
- RIVER GODDESS: +1 in cities with a holy site adjacent to a river
- ZEN MEDITATION: +1 in cities with at least two specialty districts
- NATIONAL PARKS: +2 to a city that owns it, +1 to the four nearest cities
- BUENOS AIRES: bonus resources behave like luxuries
- AMANIE’S PROMPTER: +4 to the city she is in
Along with these, there are some negative amenities as well. Those are the BANK WEARINESS and the BANKRUPTCY. You don’t want to try them.
This guide was to help the players of Civilization VI who want to increase their amenities in the game. After reading our guide, they will surely be able to do so. We hope our guide helped you. If you think the same, then go and check out our latest iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, Games and Android Tips, and Tricks. Moreover, you may also subscribe to our very own YouTube Channel and participate in the $150 giveaway contest. However, if you have any queries or feedback, do comment down below with your name and e-mail ID. Happy gaming!