Diablo 2 Resurrected is a hack and slack, action role play game quite popular amongst the gaming industry. Although you are excited to play Diablo 2 Resurrection, you might be frustrated right now due to some issues that are preventing you from enjoying the game more. Recently, several Diablo 2 Resurrected users across the world have complained that the game is crashing on their PC. As per the suffered users, while they try to launch Diablo 2 Resurrected, it is either not launching or crashing with an unexpected error.
However, if you are one of the suffered users, all your troubles will soon come to an end. After a certain study and research, we have found out several fixes that will ensure the smooth launching of Diablo 2 Resurrected. And with that said, let’s straight-up get into the guide below. Have a look:
- How to fix when Diablo 2 Resurrected is Crashing on PC?
- Basic system requirement for Diablo 2 Resurrected.
How to fix when Diablo 2 Resurrected is Crashing on PC?
Before we get into the list of fixes, first, let’s ensure whether your PC is compatible to run Diablo 2 Resurrected or not.
Basic system requirement for Diablo 2 Resurrected.
If your gaming laptop or PC isn’t strong or cannot meet the basic system requirement, Diablo 2 Resurrected will surely crash. Look at the details below and ensure whether your PC is compatible or not.
If your PC is compatible to run the game, then you can try the fixes below and resolve the crashing issue. Though if your PC is incompatible, it is time for you to upgrade sooner to enjoy Diablo 2 Resurrected.
FIX 1: Do not Overclock your CPU and GPU:
A lot of gamers often overclock their CPU and GPU to boost their gaming performance. However, sometimes this can lead to issues like instability in the PC, crashes of the game, and more such issues.
Here, check whether you have overclocked your CPU and GPU or not. If yes, then.
- Turn off all the overclocking utilities.
- Further, reset your processor to the default.
FIX 2: Update your graphics driver:
While your Graphic driver is up to date, every experience from gaming to other functioning will run smoothly. Though if the Graphic driver is outdated, faulty, or corrupt, you may likely end up with issues like Diablo 2 Resurrected crashing. Here the easiest solution is to update your Graphic driver and check whether it helps or not. For doing so,
The Manual method,
- Navigate to your GPU manufacturer’s website—for example, AMD and NVIDIA.
- Now look if there is any recent update available for your Graphic driver. If yes, download and install it right away.
The Automatic method,
While the manual way takes time and effort, updating your Graphic driver automatically will bind up quickly. For that, there are several driver updating tools available online; you can use any of the reliable ones.
At last, check whether the Diablo 2 Resurrected Game launches swiftly or not.
FIX 3: Run Diablo 2 Resurrected with Administrator access:
As per several suffered users, while they launched Diablo 2 Resurrected with admin access, the game ran smoothly for them. While earlier, it was either crashing or giving trouble while loading. Here you can also try running the game with admin access and check whether it helps or not. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, navigate to the Diablo 2 Resurrected installation folder.
- Now locate the Diablo 2 Resurrected executable (.exe) file, right-click over it and then click on the option Properties.
- Further from the horizontal menu, click on the Compatibility tab.
- Now tick the checkboxes for the option Run this program as an administrator and Disable fullscreen optimizations.
- Lastly, click on OK and then relaunch the Diablo 2 Resurrected game. Check if the crashing issue got resolved or if it still persists.
FIX 4: Scan and repair corrupt game files:
If any game files on your system are corrupted or missing, it might affect the performance of that particular game. Here the best possible solution is to scan and repair the damaged file. To do so, have a look at the steps given below,
- Firstly, launch Battle.net Launcher and from the top-pane menu, select Diablo 2 Resurrected.
- Now on the bottom left of the screen, click on the gear icon associated with the Play tab.
- Further, select the option Scan and Repair from the submenu.
- Now click on Begin Scan and wait until the process is completed on its own.
- Once it does, relaunch the Diablo 2 Resurrected and check whether it crashes or not.
FIX 5: Turn off overlays:
If none of the above solutions help you to resolve the Diablo 2 Resurrected crashing issue, you need to disable overlays like Discord and GeForce Experience. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
For GeForce Experience:
- Firstly, launch GeForce Experience, and then at the upper right corner, click on the cogwheel icon.
- Now on the right-pane menu, toggle off beside the In-game overlay option,
- Firstly, launch Discord and on the bottom left corner of the screen, click on the cogwheel icon.
- Now from the left-pane menu, click on Overlay.
- Further from the right-pane menu, toggle off beside the option Enable in-game overlay.
These were the top 5 fixes for the Diablo 2 Resurrected crashing on PC issue. Though if none of them worked for you, then consider disabling your antivirus setting and check for improvement. If it helps, then your antivirus is interfering with Diablo 2 Resurrected, resulting in the game crashing.
Further, we recommend you use different antivirus software. At the end of this article, we hope that you will find all the information mentioned here as helpful and relevant. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down a comment in the below comment box