While the Exynos Samsung Galaxy S10 series devices are receiving the latest and stable One UI 2.0 update based on Android 10 globally, the US Unlocked Galaxy S10e is still receiving the December 2019 patch based on Android 9.0 Pie. The new update brings a new software version G970U1UES2BSKA for the US Unlocked Galaxy S10e variants (SM-G970U1). If you’re an unlocked Galaxy S10e user in the USA, then you should receive the latest firmware update very soon on your phone.
The latest firmware update only brings the December 2019 Android Security Patch Level to the device that fixes a major security vulnerability in the Framework component that could cause a permanent denial of service. As mentioned, the update is available for US Unlocked carriers like Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, Tracfone, Virgin Mobile, Bluegrass, Nextech, etc. The update is waving via OTA in an incremental mode and should reach to the users very soon.
Manually Check OTA Update
Now, due to some reasons, if you’re not receiving the OTA update, you can always check for it manually.
- Head over to the device Settings > About Device.
- Tap on System Update > Check for Updates.
- If the latest update is available on your handset, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update.
Ensure that your device is charged more than 60% and connected to a Wi-Fi network as well.
Steps to Install G970U1UES2BSKA: December 2019 patch for US Unlocked Galaxy S10e
Some times, users can’t get software OTA update on their devices due to server or carrier issues. If you’re also facing the similar kind of issue, then you can follow the manual firmware installation guide below.
- Device Name: Samsung Galaxy S10e
- Model No: SM-N970U1
- Region: USA
- Carriers: US Unlocked
- Build Number: G970U1UES2BSKA
- Android OS Version: Android 9.0 Pie
- Security Patch Level: 2019-12-01
Before you flash the stock firmware, you need to follow some guidelines and get some other tools with you which is important for the installation.
- The firmware we have put up here is exclusively for the US Unlocked Galaxy S10e variant (SM-N970U1). Don’t use it on other devices.
- Charge the battery of your smartphone up to 50% or more to perform the installation without interruptions.
- A PC and a USB Cable
- Take a complete backup of your device and the data present in it before installing the new software.
- You have to enter your device into the Samsung Download Mode as well.
Firmware Installation Guide: G970U1UES2BSKA
Here is the tutorial to install the stock ROM on your Samsung Galaxy S10e.How to Install Stock ROM on Galaxy S10e using ODIN Video Tutorial to Use ODIN Tool to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Device
So, that’s it. Download the firmware and flash it now to step up your Galaxy S10e US Unlocked variant to the December 2019 patch. We hope that this guide was useful to you.