Xiaomi has released the second update after MIUI 11 for its Redmi 8 (Codenamed as olive) global variant devices. The MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 8 [V188.8.131.52.PCNMIXM] brings some of the bug fixes and the latest December 2019 security patch as well. It bumps up the new software version V184.108.40.206.PCNMIXM based on Android 9.0 Pie. All the Redmi 8 Global variant users will soon receive the OTA update or can manually install the firmware by following our full-depth guide below.
Thanks to Google’s Project Zero Security Analysis Team for identifying a major security bug in the Framework component that could enable a remote attacker to make a permanent denial of service. The December 2019 Android Security Patch Level has fixed that issue. Meanwhile, the MIUI 220.127.116.11 update also brings a fix for notification settings that couldn’t open in the notification shade in the Second space. It also fixes the images overlapped issue in scrolling screenshots.
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2019. Increased system security.
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Couldn’t open notification settings in the Notification shade in Second space
- Fix: Images overlapped in scrolling screenshots
Check Software Update
The software update is rolling via OTA in batches and will take some time to arrive on all the Redmi 8 Global devices depending on the server or carrier. Therefore, all the Redmi 8 Global variant users should check for the OTA update manually.
In order to check OTA updates, go to the device Settings > About Phone > Software update. Alternatively, you can directly go to the Software Updater app on your device. If the new firmware version is available, you can download and install it.
Keep in mind that your device should be connected to a Wi-Fi network and charged more than 60% at least.
Steps to Install MIUI 18.104.22.168 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 8 [V22.214.171.124.PCNMIXM]
Before installing the firmware update on your device manually, make sure to check out the pre-requirements and downloads as well.
- Keep in mind that this firmware update file is supported for the Xiaomi Redmi 8 Global variant.
- Your device should be running on the official Stock Firmware in order to apply this update.
- Make sure to maintain the battery juice on your phone more than 60%.
- Take a full data backup on your device to protect all the important data.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
Instructions to Install: MIUI 126.96.36.199 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 8
We hope that you’ve followed all the pre-requirements and downloads completely. Now, you can head over to the MIUI 188.8.131.52 Global Stable ROM installation guide on your Redmi 8. You can either follow the Recovery method or Fastboot method. Additionally, we have put up the video tutorial guide for your ease.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot] Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
That’s it, guys. We assume that you’ve easily installed the latest MIUI 184.108.40.206 Global Stable ROM on your Redmi 8. You can ask in the comments below for any queries.