You may be familiar with Facebook Marketplace if you are a heavy user of the social media platform, which is a free e-commerce platform where users can buy and sell items and services locally. It is possible, however, for the Facebook Marketplace to malfunction sometimes. Here are some fixes that will help you to fix Facebook Marketplace not working issue.
- How to Fix Facebook Marketplace Not Working
- Fix 1: Clear Cache Data
- Fix 2: Create a New Facebook Profile
- Fix 3: Rerun The App
- Fix 4: Disable Third-Party Extensions (PC Users)
- Fix 5: Change Date of Birth
- Fix 6: Language, Regional, or Country Restrictions
- Fix 7: Restart The Device
- Fix 8: Re-Login To Facebook
- Fix 9: Update Your System OS
- Fix 10: Reinstall The App
- Fix 11: Contact Facebook Support
How to Fix Facebook Marketplace Not Working
So, here are some fixes that have and will help you resolve the Facebook Marketplace not working issue:
Fix 1: Clear Cache Data
It may be necessary to clear the cache files of the Facebook app if just restarting the app does not resolve your Marketplace not working problem. Whenever we visit a page on any application, our system stores some stale copies (cache) of the pages we have previously visited; so that we don’t have to wait long the next time we need to access the same page. However, when these caches are damaged, several types of problems occur. If you want to clear the cache files, follow these steps:
- To begin, select App Info from the Facebook app.
- To clear the data, click the Clear Data button.
- Thereafter, to remove the cache files, click Clear Cache.
- That’s it. Ensure that you are now able to access the Facebook Marketplace by rerunning the Facebook app.
Fix 2: Create a New Facebook Profile
If you have recently opened a Facebook account that has not been verified, you will not be able to access the platform. Users are also protected from scammers by this restriction, in addition to ensuring security for current users. So if this is the case, then you can just relax until you get access to Marketplace. To register, go to the Sign Up page and fill out the registration form.
Fix 3: Rerun The App
To ensure your Facebook app is functioning properly, it would be best if you restart it. Moreover, this will affect the functioning of your Facebook app. However, it is possible that you will not need to perform any other fixes since, in most cases, a simple restart is sufficient to resolve this error. If it doesn’t help, restart the Facebook app.
Fix 4: Disable Third-Party Extensions (PC Users)
It is common for third-party add-ons, plug-ins, and extensions to be supported by web browsers. By adding these add-ons, you can enhance the functionality and features of your web browser. You should be aware that malicious add-ons or extensions may make Facebook behave abnormally, and these extensions may allow other parties to view, copy, and edit the information associated with your Facebook profile. Moreover, Facebook can limit your account access if it detects abnormal behaviour.
If you have a problem with add-ons in your web browser, you may be able to solve it by removing them. If you would like to remove your browser-specific extensions, follow the instructions for your specific browser. Let’s remove third-party extensions from Chrome for illustration purposes.
- Open Chrome on your computer.
- Click the hamburger menu (the 3 dots) near the top right corner, then click More tools, then click Extensions in the sub-menu that appears.
- Afterwards, select the extension you wish to remove and click Remove.
- If you want to remove it, click Remove.
- In the case of a different browser than Chrome, you should follow the steps related to that browser.
Fix 5: Change Date of Birth
It is not possible for minors to access Facebook Marketplace, so they must be at least 18 years old to do so. Due to the fact that Facebook Marketplace is a financial transaction site, this is true. It is possible to cheat minors with such an undertaking, thanks to its fraud potential. Therefore, if you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to access the platform. You can, however, change your date of birth if you were provided incorrectly earlier if you are of age.
- Log in with your Facebook credentials on the Facebook page.
- From the Facebook Homepage, click your Profile Name.
- Navigate to the About tab.
- Click on Contact and basic info. To change your date of birth, click the Edit icon under Basic info.
- You can change the date of your birth and choose your sharing options. To finalize your changes, click Save.
Fix 6: Language, Regional, or Country Restrictions
There are currently 70 countries across the world where the Facebook Marketplace platform is available. To access the Marketplace, you must be in the specified country. If there are access restrictions in your place, however, you cannot open it unless the region is modified. There are also language limitations on the platform that require you to use only the permitted languages. Here are the steps you need to follow to change your Facebook language and region settings.
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- On the drop-down arrow, select Settings and Privacy.
- Thereafter, to change the language, click the Language button.
- Select the Language and Region formats and edit them.
Fix 7: Restart The Device
When you restart your computer, most annoyances go away because it resets things at some level. In terms of network connectivity, it establishes connections again. If you follow that advice, you may be able to resolve the Facebook Marketplace issue.
Restart Android Devices
- Your device’s power options will appear after you hold down the Power button for a few seconds.
- Then tap Restart.
Restart iOS Devices
- To shutdown, go to Settings > General > Shutdown.
- By sliding the slider, you can shut down the device.
- Thereafter, after a few seconds, press the Side button to restart the device.
Fix 8: Re-Login To Facebook
Whenever you encounter an error on your Facebook account, you can try re-logging into your account. There is also a possibility that the Facebook app doesn’t have any issues and the issue is with your account. Hence, you can log out and re-login to your account. When the issue is resolved, check to see if it has been resolved.
Fix 9: Update Your System OS
There are times when this kind of error occurs because the operating system is an older version. That’s right, you heard it right! There is an issue with the Marketplace not working or stopping working has been reported several times by users claiming that it gets resolved automatically when a system OS update is applied. In that case, we would also suggest updating the OS on your device (if available) and checking if it works.
Fix 10: Reinstall The App
There is a likelihood that some of your application files may be damaged or corrupted if you are still unable to use the Facebook Marketplace after applying all the fixes described in this guide.
In order to fix them, the only option is to reinstall the Facebook application. Therefore, we recommend uninstalling the Facebook app first and reinstalling it from the Google Play or Apple App Stores. Once the app has been successfully reinstalled, run it to verify whether the issue has been resolved.
Fix 11: Contact Facebook Support
You can contact Facebook support for assistance if you have tried all the above solutions and are still experiencing issues with the Facebook Marketplace. To do this, access the Help Center and submit a help request.
Now that you know how to fix Facebook Marketplace not working issue, that’s all we have for you. Thank you for taking the time to read this. We hope this is helpful. Nonetheless, if you need more information about Facebook Marketplace, please let us know in the comments below.