If you notice one thing, when the world learns about social media, they will find Facebook the only space that made things possible. I agree there were a few apps that were renounced before Facebook. However, CEO Zuckerberg made such a big impact on the social media industry that it hit the entire world. In today’s society, people use no other social media platform besides Facebook.
Due to its dominance, Facebook never considered serving those initial features to the people. In this 19-year journey, Facebook saw many fluctuations in its user base. Many new features were introduced at the time, such as Story, Feeling, and more. There is only one feature today that creates an issue. The Watch video icon isn’t showing for some people. We want to fix it here.
Fix: Facebook Watch Video Icon Missing or Not Showing
Facebook app has plenty of features to enhance the user experience to the fullest extent possible. Here people can share their golden moments with their entire friend base. In any case, if you wish, you can post in line with privacy options. Whether we talk about the Story feature or Watch Video, both are among the best features at that place.
If you don’t know, Watch Video is a separate section in the Facebook app where you can watch content, especially videos. There is a feeling of being in an Instagram reel. After all, it deserves that because it is a Meta product. In the history of Facebook, they never compromised with user experience decline. The In-App feature was never reduced, even when their user base declined.
We are extremely fortunate to have that kind of social media service. But scrolling through our usual daily analyses, we found few Facebook users are experiencing problems. I mean to say, some Facebook users can’t see that Watch video icon. Developers acknowledge this issue. But newbies struggle a lot. So let’s quickly look at how to fix it for a better understanding.
Thinking from the developer’s side, we found that if there is any specific update issue, it will happen to all Facebook users. The second thing is that such an issue occurs on a few selected users’ Facebook apps. The watch icon isn’t appearing on your Facebook app because you haven’t pinned the video or have an outdated app. Let’s fix these issues now. First, always ensure you have the latest version of the app installed. Second, pin the video to your Facebook app, which should enable the watch icon to appear. If the issue persists, try restarting the app or your device.
Update Your Facebook App
The issue has been a serious concern for all Facebook users, and developers have acknowledged it as a problem. Alternatively, developers may release a patch update to fix the problem. And you are unaware of such an update. You are currently not able to see that Watch video icon. That means you are using the outdated Facebook app version. Meanwhile, update your Facebook app from the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS). To update, follow the instructions below.
- Open the Google Play Store/App Store.
- Search for Facebook and tap on the required result.
- Now tap on the update option there.
- Following this, your Facebook will start updating.
- Upon completion, you can explore the updated Facebook App.
When you first launch the Facebook app, the Watch video icon usually appears in the navigation bar. However, even after updating the Facebook app, the watch video icon does not appear on the navigation bar. There is a possibility that the Watch video icon might be unpinned by mistake. That means, to fix the problem you need to pin the Watch video icon to the navigation bar. If you don’t know how to do that, please refer to the instructions below.
- Open the Facebook App.
- You can then click on your profile picture from there.
- Scroll down and expand the settings & privacy section.
- Now tap on the Settings option and go to it.
- Next, tap on the customize navigation bar.
- After that, select “Watch to Pin” to Pin the Watch Video icon on the navigation bar.
- Once done, you will see the Watch Video button in your Facebook app.
Clear Facebook cache data
It might be possible since you have not cleared the cache data of your Facebook app for quite some time. Resulting in that, the app does not show your Watch video and malfunctions as a result. That means, to get that icon back you need to clear the cache on your phone. It is possible to clear that corrupted cache data from settings itself. If you don’t know how to do it, please follow the instructions below.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and select Application Management.
- From there, look for the Facebook app.
- Tap on Facebook and scroll down to find the Clear Cache option.
- Now tap on Clear Cache to wipe out corrupted cache files.
- That’s all, From now your Facebook app will show that “Watch Video” icon.
Reinstall Facebook App
When you have installed the Facebook app on your phone, it may be possible that it has some corrupt files. Following this, whatever fix we are trying getting failed. In such a case, our only solution is to uninstall the currently installed Facebook app and install a fresh one. To fix the issue permanently, follow the below instructions to reinstall the Facebook app.
- Open the Settings app.
- Enter the Application Management option.
- Now select the Facebook app from there.
- Tap Uninstall to have the current Facebook app uninstalled.
- Once it is done, open Google Play Store.
- Search for the Facebook app and install it from scratch.
- When the installation is complete, open the Facebook app to see if the issue has been resolved.
Besides that, you can try another browser and choose a stable internet connection. But I expect most of you can resolve this problem only with the above fixes. If, after doing these fixes, you are still getting the same issue, you should contact the help center to get more personalized assistance. And if any user has a problem with the given solutions, please feel free to ask in the comment section below.