Are you seeing something like Error 4049 when you try to launch the game Blade and Soul.? Here I’m saying about the gamers who are on the Windows OS mainly the Windows 7/8 or 10. This issue may happen due to using an older version of the game launcher. Often users try to relaunch the game while some processes of the game from the previous session are still active. This causes conflict and shows Error 4049.
Again if you have Razer hardware installed on your setup then you must check that the Razer Chroma SDK must be enabled. If you are using an updated build of the game launcher then that may conflict with the disabled SDK. This leads to Error 4049. Even not updating your GPU can cause this problem and not allow you to launch the game Blade and Soul. I have listed some detailed instructions to fix up all these issues and relaunch the game easily.
- Fix Error 4049 in Blade and Soul
Fix Error 4049 in Blade and Soul
Let’s get started with the troubleshooting methods and how to perform them.
End the Active Game Processes
If you are planning to relaunch Blade and Soul, then it may not work. If some of the Game processes from the previous session are still active conflict will happen.
Specifically, there are three processes: BnSCefSubProcess.exe, GameMon.Des and Client.exe. If you end these processes and then relaunch the game then it will work really fine.
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc
- Then go to the Processes tab
- Now carefully navigate through the list of active processes running on your PC
- Highlight the above mentioned and right-click on them individually
- From the menu select End Task
- Then try to relaunch Blade and Soul. I’m sure it will now load without any hiccups.
Enable Razer Chroma SDK
As I mentioned using an outdated launcher can cause conflict and show you Error 4049 on Blade and Soul. This happens when you use any Razer hardware on your gaming setup but have the Razer Chroma SDK disabled. So, to fix the error you have to re-enable the Razer Chroma SDK.
- In the Search box type Services
- Click Open
- You will see the list of active services running on your Windows OS
- Navigate to Razer Chroma SDK
- Right-click on it and select Start
Update Your GPU Unit’s Driver
It is always good to have your system peripherals updated to keep everything in sync. Hence, you must download and install the GPU driver update. Doesn’t matter what brand of graphics unit you have installed. Just make sure to update its drivers and that can be done automatically.
- In the desktop Search box, type Device manager
- Then click Open from the matching results
- Scroll down to Display Adapter and expand it
- Under that, your GPU will be listed
- Right-click on it and in the menu select Update Driver
- From the next dialog box, click on Search Automatically for updated Driver Software
- The computer will automatically download and install the latest drivers for your GPU
- Once the installation finishes reboot your computer
- Then you can restart Blade and Soul. It should launch smoothly.
Reinstall Razer Synapse Utility
If you are using any peripherals from Razer then most probably you would have installed their native utility Razer SYnapse. IT may happen that if you have Windows 10 OS running on your PC, then that may cause it to show Error 4049. The obvious fix here is to uninstall Razer Synapse from your PC and re-install it.
- Go to the search box and type Programs and Features
- In the result, you will see the Control panel show up
- Below that its components will be listed
- Click on Programs and Features
- From the list of installed program locate Razer Synapse and then right-click on it
- Select Uninstall and chose for complete uninstallation
- Then restart your computer
- Open your desktop browser and go to www.razer.com/synapse-3
- Click on Download Now
- Then install the software and you can choose to not install the bloatware that comes with the utility.
- After the installation finishes, restart your PC
- Launch Blade and Souls and now the Error 4049 should be gone.
Download the Latest Launcher for Blade and Soul
Error 4049 can happen due to the old launcher running on the latest version of Blade and Soul. So, you can download the new build of the launcher.
- On your desktop browser go to www.bladeandsoul.com/en/download
- You will see a Welcome screen for the new NC Launcher
- Click on the Download button that you see
- Wait for the installation setup for the launcher to download
- Then open the installer and follow the instructions to install the NC launcher 2
- Reboot your PC post installation
- Re-launch Blade and Soul. Check if it launches smoothly or still shows Error 4049.
Temporarily Disable Your Anti-Virus and Fix 4049 Error
Maybe the executable file for the game is considered a potential threat by your Anti-virus. So, go to the system tray icons on your desktop. Right-click on your Anti-virus and expand it. Every anti-virus has the option to temporarily disable itself for a fixed period of time. You can disable it for 10 minutes or so and within that period launch the game.
Later you have to be mindful to re-enable the anti-virus otherwise other security issues may cause problems on your computer.
Alternatively, you can try to disable the firewall from Windows Security.
- Press Windows + I to go to Settings
- There go to Update & Security
- Then go to Windows Security
- Under Network Firewall disable Firewall for Public network and Private network
- Then try to launch the game and as you did with the anti-virus later enable the Network Firewall for both Public and Private Network
Uninstall and Reinstall Blade and Soul to Fix Error 4049
This is another troubleshooting that always works wonders. You can go to Windows Control Panel and look for Blade and Soul. Simply click to highlight and then select Uninstall. Make sure to completely uninstall the game.
Also, use Ctrl + Shift + Esc to access the game processes of Blade and Soul in the Task Manager. Then right-click on the required processes and select End Task.
Then to reinstall the game simply go to the official website of the Blade and Soul. There download the game and install it back on your PC.
So, these are the various troubleshooting methods that you can utilize to fix the Error 4049 when you try to launch the Blade and Soul game. Try it out and I’m sure all of these tricks will work fine in fixing the problem for good.