The Crew Motorfest is the latest racing video game developed by Ubisoft Ivory Tower and published by Ubisoft for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Windows, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. It will be the sequel to 2018’s The Crew 2 and the third game in The Crew series. Though the game has received positive reviews, the Crew Motorfest title also reported the Thrustmaster Wheel and Pedal are Not Working.
Thrustmeter is known for its awesome range of gaming controllers like wheels and pedals for racing video games. Unfortunately, the Thrustmaster wheel and the pedal controller aren’t working properly for a couple of Crew Motorfest PC players. Now, if you’re also one of the victims of the same issue, you can follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve it. Here, we’ve provided a couple of possible workarounds for you that should come in handy.
- How to Fix Crew Motorfest Thrustmaster Wheel and Pedal Not Working
- 1. Disconnect Other Peripherals
- 2. Reconnect Wheels and Pedals Directly
- 3. Update Wheel and Pedal Drivers
- 4. Reconnect Shifter
- 5. Reset Pedal to Default
- 6. Update Thrustmaster Wheels
- 7. Update Crew Motorfest
- 8. Verify and Repair Game Files
- 9. Choose Steam Controller Settings to Force ON
- 10. Update The Crew Motorfest
- 10. Reinstall Crew Motorfest
How to Fix Crew Motorfest Thrustmaster Wheel and Pedal Not Working
As per multiple reports online, plenty of players are having issues with the Logitech G920, Logitech G29, Thrustmaster T300, Fanatec CSL DD, etc, controllers while playing the Crew Motorfest title on the PC. To be precise, the reports claim that these gaming controllers don’t give any feedback while playing and sometimes have connectivity issues too. Unfortunately, there is no official patch fix available yet. So, you’ll have to manually try out some workarounds as of now.
1. Disconnect Other Peripherals
First, you should disconnect all other external devices or peripherals from your computer, such as webcam, printer, other controllers, USB flash drives, etc. Sometimes a normal reboot of the system can also help a lot.
2. Reconnect Wheels and Pedals Directly
It’s also highly recommended to disconnect and reconnect the pedals directly to the wheelbase for better detection or connectivity. Some of the reports suggest that this specific method did come in handy.
3. Update Wheel and Pedal Drivers
Even manually updating the wheel and pedal drivers on the PC respective to the controller model number can easily fix the racing controller not working or not detecting issues. Head to this link to visit the official Thrustmaster website, then download and install the driver and the firmware.
4. Reconnect Shifter
If in case, you’re using the shifter, then make sure to unplug and reconnect the shifter to the system to fix any kind of glitches whatsoever.
5. Reset Pedal to Default
Sometimes restarting the system may not come in handy that much. That’s why you should reset the pedal to the factory default to fix multiple issues or connectivity glitches in a jiffy.
6. Update Thrustmaster Wheels
Well, the chances are high that somehow you haven’t updated your Thrustmaster wheels and pedals controller to the latest available version yet. If that’s true, then try updating the Thrustmaster wheels manually. To do that:
- First of all, press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Now, search for joy.cpl in your search box and open the top result.
- Once you’re inside the controller settings interface, select and open the Wheel Settings menu.
- You’ll have to manually check for the latest update and install it.
- Finally, restart the PC to apply changes and check for the issue again.
7. Update Crew Motorfest
If you’re using the outdated game version, then you should try updating it to the latest patch version, whatever is available for you. You can follow the steps below to check for the same.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Crew Motorfest from the list of installed games at the left pane.
- The client will automatically search for the available update. If any, make sure to click on Update.
- You may have to wait for some time to install the update properly.
- Once done, reboot your PC to apply changes.
8. Verify and Repair Game Files
Sometimes missing or corrupted game files on the PC may not throw out any kind of error message, but the conflict may easily ruin the gaming experience and the controller issues. You should verify and repair the game files by following the steps below. Luckily, the Steam client does have a built-in feature to repair problematic game files automatically. To do that:
For Ubisoft Connect:
- Open the Ubisoft Connect software on the PC.
- Click on the Games tab > Select the Crew Motorfest game tile.
- Now, select the arrow icon on the bottom right side.
- A drop-down menu will appear > Click on Verify files.
- If prompted, click on Repair.
- Finally, Ubisoft Connect will start repairing any missing or corrupted files (if any). Please wait for it to be complete.
- Once done, close Ubisoft Connect and the game if running, and restart your computer to check for the issue.
Epic Games Launcher
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon of Crew Motorfest.
- Click on Verify, and it’ll start verifying the game files.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
- It should fix the Crew Motorfest Crashing issue on your PC.
9. Choose Steam Controller Settings to Force ON
The chances are high that your gaming controller isn’t working properly because of the Steam controller setup. You can follow the steps below to forcefully enable the Steam controller settings for the Crew Motorfest game.
- Open the Steam client > Click on View from the top-left corner.
- Now, choose Big Picture Mode > If prompted, click on Continue.
- Click on Library > Go to Games under the Browse section.
- Select Crew Motorfest > Click on Manage Games (Gear Icon).
- Choose Controller Options from the Steam Input option.
- Click on the drop-down arrow icon to expand the list of ‘Change the Steam Input Per-Game Settings.’
- Next, make sure to select Forced On > Click on OK to save changes.
- Once done, restart your Steam client to check for the issue.
If this method isn’t working for you, then ensure to follow the steps again and just select ‘Forced Off’ or ‘None’ and save changes.
10. Update The Crew Motorfest
If you haven’t updated your Crew Motorfest game for a while, follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest patch (if available). To do this:
Epic Games Launcher
- Open the Epic Launcher client > Go to Library > Look for Crew Motorfest from the left pane.
- You must tap on the three-dot icon on your Crew Motorfest application.
- Make sure to check the auto-update to get a new update installation automatically.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again
- Open the Ubisoft Connect application on your computer.
- Look for the tabs at the top of the client.
- Click on the “Games” tab.
- You’ll see a list of your owned games here.
- If a game needs an update, it’ll typically show an “Update” button or a similar notification on the game tile.
- Click on the game that requires an update.
- Press the “Update” button to begin the updating process.
10. Reinstall Crew Motorfest
If none of the methods worked for you, uninstall and reinstall the Crew Motorfest video game. We understand it’s not an actual solution, but there is nothing to do on your end. To do so:
- Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Now, type Control Panel and open it from the search result.
- Open Uninstall a program > Click on the Crew Motorfest game from the list.
- Select Uninstall > Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes > Open the respective game launcher.
- Make sure to install the Crew Motorfest game again.
- Finally, you can play the title to check for the Thrustmaster Wheel and Pedal Not Working issue.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.