The FFMPEG.dll is an elementary part of system files in the Windows operating system. It is required for the appropriate execution of the Windows programs. The user will get an “FFMPEG.dll is missing” error if the file FFMPEG.dll is corrupted, misplaced, or deleted. The error also occurs due to Windows registry problems, incorrect or malicious program installation, and faulty applications present in your system.
Table of Contents
How to Fix “FFMPEG.dll is Missing Error”?
If you face a similar error of the FFMPEG.dll file then, you are in a perfect place. This article will explore some common fixes to resolve the “FFMPEG.dll is missing” error. The users can use the solutions given below to get rid of the error.
Fix 1: Run SFC( System File Checker) Scan:
SFC scan is an easy way to repair the corrupted and misplaced system files. Users can execute the steps given here to run the SFC scan.
- Press the Windows logo + R keys from the keyboard to open the Run Dialog Box.
- Type “cmd” in the text box and click on the Command Prompt (Admin) to open the command prompt as an administrator.
- Type the “sfc/scannow” command in Command Prompt window and hit the Enter button to run the command.
- Once the SFC scan completes, restart the PC and check the system for error.
- If the error persists then, open the Command Prompt as an administrator again.
- Type the below-given command in the cmd screen and press the Enter button.
- This scanning procedure might take a few minutes.
- Then check the system for the error. If the error is still present then, type the “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” command in the Command Prompt.
- Wait for the system to complete the scanning process. Now the window will down and replace corrupted system files.
- Once the process is done, check for the error.
If the system file checker is unable to fix the FFMPEG.DLL is a missing error then, the user can move toward the next solution.
Fix 2: Clear the Cache of the Problematic Application:
All applications use a cache for better performance and enhance user experience. In some cases, the cache of a specific application might lead to the ‘FFMPEG.dll is missing’ error. To resolve the error, the user can clear the cache by using the following steps.
- Open the Task Manager and ensure that no process related to Microsoft Teams and Skype is running.
- Press Window logo+ R keys to open Run Dialog Box.
- Go to the following paths one by one and delete all the available content.
- Restart your system after clearing all the files.
- Check for the ‘ffmpeg.dll is missing’ error. If not fixed then, press Windows key+R to open the Run box and type “%appdata%\Microsoft\” in the given space and press the OK
- Then right-click on the Teams folder and select Delete option.
- Finally, Reboot your system and check the error is solved or not.
In this way, the user can clear the cache to fix the error related to the ffmpeg.dll file.
Fix 3: Reinstall the Problematic Application:
Users can reinstall the application if they are getting the ‘FFMPEG.dll is missing’ error while opening any specific application. Error affected users can use the steps provided below to uninstall a problematic application.
- Press the Windows logo+ R keys from the keyboard and open the Run Box.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” in the text box and press the OK button.
- Now you will enter the Programs and Features in the Control Panel and Select the Problematic Application from the list(shows ffmpeg.dll is missing error).
- There click on the Uninstall option and press Yes to proceed.
- Then Restart your system.
- Now you can reinstall the application from its official website( latest version) and check for the error.
Fix 4: Create a New Windows User Account:
Users can create a new user account, if the ‘FFMPEG.dll is missing’ error occurs, due to a corrupted user profile. The user should create a new user account with administrative privileges. Once the account is created, reboot your system. Thereafter, log in to your system using the new user account and check for the error. If the error is still present then move toward the next solution.
Fix 5: Perform System Restore:
System Restore is the final fix the user should try if all the above solutions are unable to fix the ‘FFMPEG.dll is missing’ error. Follow the steps below to perform a system restore on the Windows operating system.
- Open the Run Box by pressing Windows+ R keys from the keyboard.
- Type “rstrui” in the text box and click on the OK button.
- Click on the Next button on the System Configuration window.
- It will open the restore points list, the user should click on the Show More Restore Points checkbox to see more restore points.
- The user should select the Restore Point from the list and click on the Next button.
- Finally, press the Finish button and follow the onscreen instructions to finish the restoration process
These are all the fundamental troubleshooting solutions to repair the ‘FFMPEG.dll is missing’ error. The troubleshooting steps provided here are safe and tested. Hopefully, users will able to fix their ffmpeg.dll file error by referring to this article.
Users can also use the third party DLL fixer applications to fix the ‘FFMPEG.dll is missing’ error. After reading this article, if you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.