KEYSCAPE is a virtual instrument that features the widest selection of collector keyboards in the world. From stunning pianos to music keyboards, everything will be available from Keyscape. The Keyscape also offers custom controls, authentic expressions, hybrid duo sound format, omnisphere integration, creative library, etc for Mac & Windows devices. However, some of the unfortunate Keyscape users are reporting that they’re encountering “Cannot load SoundSource” example LA Custom C7 Release problem. If you’re also one of them, make sure to check out this troubleshooting guide to fix it.
Keyscape offers an excellent general collection of acoustic and electro-mechanical keyboard instruments. According to the multiple reports that surfaced on the FL-Studio subreddit, the particular problem is happening in the directory called ‘Keyscape Library’. Affected users can’t load Standalone and Omnisphere version sounds which are frustrating. Now, if you’re experiencing the same kind of problem then you should follow some of the possible workarounds that are mentioned below.
Table of Contents
Fix: Keyscape “Cannot load SoundSource” example LA Custom C7 Release
So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below. Keep in mind that you’re running SoundSource Library, Data Updater, etc in their latest version.
1. Run Omnisphere 2 Installer
- Go to the installation path that will look like “C: \ VstPlugins \ Omnisphere 2” to install the Vst plugin. [If you’ve installed a different drive, do accordingly]
- Use the same path (“C: \ VstPlugins \ Omnisphere 2”) for the installation of the Vst plugin in the Steam folder.
- If you’re prompted to insert an Omnisphere disc then you have to follow the below method [Method: 2]. In this case, you should leave the installation part.
2. Install CD Files
- Download the “DAEMON Tools Lite” program from this link on your computer.
- Install the DAEMON Tools Lite program > Open it.
- Now, go to the ‘Images’ tab > Right-click on the blank space and select ‘Add Images’.
- Select the first ‘simulated CD’ from the folder.
- You’ll need to extract the “_Spectrasonics Omnisphere2d1” compressed file using WinRAR.
- Right-click on the simulated CD > Select ‘Embed’.
- Next, click on ‘OK’ in the installation of the Omnisphere exe part multiple times for the CD.
- You just need to right-click on the CD and Embed Omnisphere by clicking on OK.
- Once done, you can install the Vst plugin.
3. Run Data Updater Program
- Run the ‘Data Updater.exe’ file from the Data Updater folder.
- Choose the same path as we’ve mentioned in the beginning (“C: \ VstPlugins \ Omnisphere 2”) to complete the installation.
- Launch the File Explorer (This PC) on your computer.
- Select View > Click on Options.
- Select Change folder and search options.
- Click on the View tab > Select the Show hidden files, folders, and drives checkbox in the Advanced settings option.
- Once done, click on OK to save changes.
5. Use Patch File
- Open the keygen from the ‘Crack’ folder.
- Click on ‘Patch’ > Head over to the Omnisphere installation path.
- If you’ve installed Omnisphere in the same directory such as “C: \ VstPlugins \ Omnisphere 2” then select the ‘Omnisphere.dll’ file.
- Click on the Patch button again > Navigate to the “C: \ ProgramData \ Spectrasonics \ Omnisphere 2” location > Make sure to Patch the ‘Omnisphere.dll’ file here too.
6. Use Plugin Management
- Open the FL Studio program > Use the path “C: \ VstPlugins \ Omnisphere 2” as the Plugin Management.
- Go to the installed Omnisphere location > Copy the challenge code & paste it to the crack program.
- Now, click on ‘Generate’ and copy the long code in Omnisphere.
- Click on Continue and select ‘DONE’.
7. Delete zmap.index file
If you’re unable to update the SoundSource then make sure to do the following steps:
- First, close the Keyscape or Omnisphere plugin.
- Now, go to the STEAM \ Keyscape \ Soundsources \ Factory \ Keyscape Library location.
- Here you’ll need to Delete the zmap.index file.
- Run the plugin again and try refreshing the SoundSource browser to check for the issue.
That’s it, guys. We assume you’ve found this guide useful. For further queries, you can comment below.