Lately, a lot of MSI Laptop users have reportedly claimed that their built-in Camera was not working properly. Now Camera not working is one serious issue as it can put a pause to a lot of your important work.
How to Fix the “MSI Laptop Camera Not Working” issue?
However, considering how important a camera is for your daily work, we have found out the fixes for the “MSI Laptop Camera Not Working” issue. Have a look down below on the list of quick fixes and follow them as and when required.
FIX 1: Enable the Camera:
At times, the “MSI Laptop Camera Not Working” issue can be triggered when the Camera is disabled by default. Here to get rid of the issue, the user requires to enable the Camera. For doing so,
- Press Fn and F6 buttons simultaneously, and it will toggle on the Camera on your MSI device.
- Once you do the same, check whether the said issue got resolved or not.
FIX 2: Reinstall the camera driver:
If the MSI Laptop Camera is not working for you, then reinstalling the camera driver might help you in resolving the issue. For doing so, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, launch the RUN dialogue box by pressing Windows + R altogether.
- Now in the empty text field, type “devmgmt.msc” and then click on OK.
- Inside the Device Manager window, expand the option Imaging devices or Camera by right-clicking over it.
- Now right-click over the Integrated Camera and select Uninstall device from the sub-menu.
- Further, click on OK to confirm.
- Lastly, restart your computer. Now during the restart process, your computer will automatically reinstall the missing drivers. If it isn’t working still, repeat the FIX 1 once again.
FIX 3: Update the camera driver:
At times, outdated and corrupt camera drivers might trigger the MSI Laptop Camera Not Working issue. Here the best resort is to update the camera driver and check whether it helps or not.
Now users can either update the driver manually or automatically.
For manually updating the driver:
- Visit the MSI official website and locate drivers corresponding with your specific Windows version.
- Once you locate, download, and install the required driver into your system.
For automatically updating the driver:
Apart from going through the manual process, you can also make use of automatic drive updating tools available online. There are several such tools that cut down the updating processes and completes the task quickly.
FIX 4: Allow access to your Camera:
For a lot of suffered users, editing some necessary settings and allowing access to the Camera through the Windows privacy settings have helped them get rid of the “MSI laptop camera not working” issue. For doing the same, follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, click on the desktop search bar, and from the list of the context menu, click over the small gear icon, and it will launch the Settings window for you.
- On the next window, navigate to Privacy, and then from the left-pane menu, click on Camera.
- Further on the right-pane menu, click on the Change tab under the camera section and then Turn On the toggle button for the option Camera access for this device.
- Now Toggle on the button under the option Allow apps to access your Camera.
- Once done, the problem might get resolved by now.
These were some of the tried, tested, and proven fixes for the “MSI Laptop Camera Not Working” issue. After trying any of the suitable fixes from the article above, your Laptop camera will start working normally again.
At the end of this article, we hope that you will find all the information mentioned here as helpful and relevant. After reading this article, if you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.