Smartwatches allow us to respond to calls and texts without picking up our phones. However, many Garmin smartwatch users have been experiencing their watches not showing or getting text message notifications. If you are reading this article, you might have the same problem. Therefore, we will investigate all the potential solutions to help fix the issue of Garmin Forerunner 45 Not Showing or Getting Text Messages.
Methods to fix Garmin Forerunner 45 Not Showing or Getting Text Messages
Many users have reported that their Garmin watch does not display text message notifications from their smartphones, even when connected correctly. There could be several explanations for this issue. So, let’s go through each one and explore possible solutions.
Fix 1: Check Your Garmin Watch Settings Properly
Let’s examine the misconfigured settings in your Gramin watch’s Settings app. If your watch’s settings are not properly adjusted, it might have difficulty connecting to your Smartphone or displaying notifications.
- To begin, make sure your Gramin Bluetooth connection is turned on. To do this, open the Settings app and look for the Bluetooth/Phone options.
- To enable the notification widget on your Gramin device, look for it in the device settings. If you can’t find it there, check the Gramin Connect App.
- If you haven’t received any notifications after enabling the Notification widget, ensure that the widget settings are configured according to your preference. For example, toggle the show calls only notification to your desired setting. You can also manage this setting for all other apps on your device.
- Make sure that the DND mode on your Garmin is turned off.
Fix 2: Check Your Smartphone Settings and Alter it.
If your Gramin device settings are not working properly and you are not receiving any notifications, check your phone’s Settings. Make sure your Bluetooth is turned on and connected to your Garmin device. After that, use the Garmin Connect app on your phone to check all the necessary settings.
To check the review app permission setting on your Gramin Connect app:
- Open the Garmin Connect app on your smartphone.
- Tap the menu icon at the top-left corner.
- Select Settings.
- Go to Phone Permissions.
- Select Manage Permissions.
- Check if the app notification permission is set to on.
- If not, enable it to receive notifications on your Gramin device.
To check the Review App Notification Setting:
- Open the Garmin Connect App on your device.
- Tap the menu icon and select Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Navigate to App Notifications.
- Enable the Notification for all applications or individually select and enable it for the apps you would like to receive notifications from.
Steps to check whether the notification access settings are up to requirement or not:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Search for ‘Access’ in the search bar.
- Click on the ‘Notification Access’ option. (Note: This option may be locked by default, so you may need special access to alter any settings.)
- Select the ‘Notification Access Management’ option.
- Enable Notification Access for the Gramin Connect app on your smartphone.
If your Garmin device is not receiving any notifications, there are three main settings you should check on your smartphone. Test to see if this resolves Garmin Forerunner 45 Not Showing or Getting Text Messages issue. The steps for doing this are mostly the same for iOS users.
Fix 3: Give a Look to Your sleep time settings
If you have enabled the Do Not Disturb (DND) feature on your Garmin device and are having issues receiving notifications, ensure your sleep time settings are configured correctly on your phone.
- Open the Garmin Connect App on your mobile device.
- Locate the menu icon; it should be at the top-left corner on Android devices and the bottom as the ‘More’ option on iOS devices.
- Select the Settings option.
- Choose User Settings.
- Select Bed Time/ Wake Time.
- Enter the time of your choice.
- Tap Ok to save the changes.
You will not be able to get any notifications during your sleep time. So, set your sleep time hours appropriately so you don’t miss any notifications during your active hours. After completing the necessary steps, restart your phone and Gramin device to begin a new session.
It is not uncommon for Garmin users to experience issues with not receiving notifications. However, this is not due to any major malfunction but rather minor disruptions in the Bluetooth connection or incorrect settings. By following the steps in this article, it should be easy to identify the cause of the problem and the best way to fix it.
For more troubleshooting guides, follow GetDroidTips!