- Windows Photo Viewer Can’t Display This Picture Not Enough Memory[100% Work]
- Reasons behind Windows Photo Viewer Not Enough Memory error
- 10 Fixes on Windows Photo Viewer Not Enough Memory error
- Fix 1:Use an Alternative Image Viewer
- Fix 2:Repair Corrupted Image File
- Fix 3:Update Windows Photo Viewer
- Fix 4:Convert to a Supported File Format
- Fix 5:Reset Color Management
- Fix 6:Turn Off Encryption
- Fix 7:Insufficient Memory Available
- Fix 8:Run the Troubleshooter
- Fix 9:Reset Photos App
- Fix 10:Run SFC Scan
Windows Photo Viewer Can’t Display This Picture Not Enough Memory[100% Work]
If you’re encountering the frustrating “Windows Photo Viewer Can’t Display This Picture” error or the “Windows Photo Viewer Not Enough Memory” error, you’ve come to the right place. This comprehensive guide will provide you 10 effective methods to resolve this issue easily and quickly. Whether it’s due to file format compatibility, insufficient memory, or other factors, we’ve got you covered. Let’s regain control over your Windows Photo Viewer today!
Reasons behind Windows Photo Viewer Not Enough Memory error
The “Windows Photo Viewer Can’t Display This Picture Not Enough Memory” error typically occurs when you attempt to open or view a large image file using the Windows Photo Viewer application. In fact, this error can occur due to several reasons.
Here are some common causes:
- The image file itself is damaged or corrupted.
- Your computer doesn’t have enough RAM to handle the image you’re trying to open.
- You’re using an outdated version of Windows Photo Viewer to open the image file.
- Windows Photo Viewer has certain limitations on the maximum image size it can handle.
- Third-party programs or driver conflicts can cause memory allocation issues.
10 Fixes on Windows Photo Viewer Not Enough Memory error
Fix 1:Use an Alternative Image Viewer
The easiest way to solve the “Windows Photo Viewer Can’t Display This Picture Not Enough Memory” error is to try using another image viewer. When it comes to alternative software, you have a variety of choices, including Adobe Photoshop, IrfanView, or XnView, among others. If you can open the photos successfully using a different program, the problem may be with Windows Photo Viewer. In this case, you should consider updating or reinstalling the Photo Viewer application.
Fix 2:Repair Corrupted Image File
If your image file is corrupted or damaged, Windows Photo Viewer Can’t Display This Picture. In this case, a viable solution is to utilize a reliable tool like 4DDiG File Repair, which is specifically designed to repair and restore corrupted photos. This software offers several key features:
- Repairs various types of image corruption, such as pixelation, blurry images, file format errors, and more.
- Supports batch repair for various formats.
- Allows repair of up to 3,000 pictures simultaneously.
- Provides a preview function to ensure the successful repair of your images before saving them.
- Offers fast repair processes while ensuring 100% security.
To repair corrupted photos using 4DDiG File Repair, follow these steps:
Step 1: Launch the downloaded software and select the “Photos Repair” tab. Choose the “Fix Photo Errors” option to proceed.
Step 2: Add the broken or corrupted photos to the software interface and click on the “Start Repair” option to initiate the repair process.
Step 3: After the repair process is complete, you can preview all the repaired photos. If you are satisfied with the results, click “Export All” to save them to your preferred location.
After repairing corrupted photos with 4DDiG File Repair, you may be able to overcome the ‘Windows Photo Viewer Can’t Display This Picture’ error
Fix 3:Update Windows Photo Viewer
Outdated versions of Windows Photo Viewer may encounter compatibility issues, leading to the “Windows Photo Viewer Not Enough Memory” error when opening photos. To update Windows Photo Viewer, follow these instructions:
Step 1: Press “Win + S” and type “Windows Update Settings” into the bar. Then, Click on “Open”.
Step 2:Select the “Check for updates” option .
Step 3: If updates are available, they will be listed. Click on the “Install” button to download and install the updates.
Step 4: If prompted, restart your computer to complete the installation process.
Fix 4:Convert to a Supported File Format
If you need to open a picture that is incompatible with Windows Photo Viewer in terms of file type, you can resolve this issue by saving it with a compatible file extension. Follow these steps:
Step 1.Right-click on the photo and Click “Open with”.
Step 2.Choose “Paint” from the menu or you can open it in other app.
Step 3.Once the picture is open, press “Ctrl + S” to save the file.
Step 4.Choose a supported file format and save it.
Fix 5:Reset Color Management
Another recommended solution for resolving the “Windows Photo Viewer Can’t Display This Picture Not Enough Memory” error is to utilize color management. This feature allows you to select the appropriate color profile for your display device and calibrate or match the color spaces, enabling Windows Photo Viewer to accurately display the photo. Follow these steps:
Step 1: Press “Win + S” and type “Color management”. Then, Open it.
Step 2: Select each ICC profile in the “Devices” tab. Then, Click on the “Remove” button to delete all the profiles. (Note: If no profiles are visible, there is nothing to be done at this time.)
Step 3: A window will pop up and click on “Continue” to proceed.
Step 4: Go to the “Advanced” tab. From the “Device profile” drop-down list, select “Agfa: Swop Standard.” Then, click on the “OK” button.
Fix 6:Turn Off Encryption
The encryption options available on smartphones can sometimes prevent Windows Photo Viewer from accessing image files, leading to the “Windows Photo Viewer can’t open this picture” error. To resolve this, you can disable it by following these steps:
Step 1: Right-click on the image file and select “Properties”.
Step 2: In the “Properties” window, navigate to the “Advanced” tab.
Step 3: Within the “Advanced Attributes” window, uncheck the option that says “Encrypt contents to secure data”.
Step 4: Click “OK” to save the changes.
Fix 7:Insufficient Memory Available
When you get the “Windows Photo Viewer Can’t Display This Picture” error due to insufficient memory on your system, you can resolve it using two methods: reducing memory usage or upgrading your RAM.
- Upgrade RAM: By upgrading the RAM to a higher capacity, you provide your system with more memory to handle demanding tasks, including image viewing and processing.. Nowadays, 16 GB of memory has become the standard, but for future-proofing, it is recommended to have a total of 32 GB.
- Reduce Memory Usage: Another approach is to minimize memory usage by closing unnecessary applications that consume a significant amount of memory. You can monitor RAM usage using the Task Manager application.
Fix 8:Run the Troubleshooter
If you continue to experience the “Windows Photo Viewer Can’t Display This Picture” issue, you can attempt to resolve it by running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. This tool is specifically designed to identify and fix problems related to Windows Store apps, including the Photo Viewer. Here are the steps:
Step 1: Press “Win + I” and choose “Update & Security”.
Step 2: Choose the “Troubleshoot” in the left sidebar.
Step 3: Look at the right-hand sidebar and click on the “Additional troubleshooters”.
Step 4:Locate the “Windows Store Apps” option and click on it. Then, click the “Run the troubleshooter” button.
At the end of the process, you will receive the findings and suggestions for improvement.
Fix 9:Reset Photos App
To fix the error, you can try resetting the app through the Windows Settings. Follow these steps:
Step 1:Press “Win + I”. Then, go to “Apps & Features”.
Step 2:In the right sidebar, type “Photos” into the search bar. Then, click on it and choose “Advanced options” .
Step 3:Scroll down and then choose “Reset”.
Fix 10:Run SFC Scan
To address any system issues, you can perform an SFC scan command as a quick fix. Follow the steps below:
Step 1:Press “Win + Q” and type “cmd.” Then, select “Run as administrator.”
Step 2:Next, type the command: “sfc /scannow” in this windows and press “Enter” to execute it.
If any errors are detected, it will automatically check and fix the system issues.
Other symptoms about Windows Photo Viewer Can’t Display This Picture error
In addition to the error message “Windows Photo Viewer Not Enough Memory,” you may also encounter the following error messages when opening images:
Keep in mind that you can look for solutions based on the cause of the error. For example, if you receive the error message “Photo Viewer doesn’t support this file format” , you can refer to Fix 4 for a possible solution.
Avoiding Windows Photo Viewer Not Enough Memory error in the future
To avoid encountering the “Windows Photo Viewer Can’t Display This Picture Not Enough Memory” error in the future, here are some useful tips for you :
- Consider resizing or optimizing them before opening them in Windows Photo Viewer.
- Before opening images in Windows Photo Viewer, close any unnecessary programs running in the background.
- Adjust the virtual memory settings on your computer to allocate more space for virtual memory.
- Regularly update your operating system and applications.
- If you frequently encounter memory-related issues, consider upgrading your computer’s RAM.
In conclusion, we hope that this troubleshooting guide has provided you with the necessary solutions to overcome the frustrating “Windows Photo Viewer Can’t Display This Picture” error or the “Windows Photo Viewer Not Enough Memory”. Remember, if you continue to experience difficulties, it’s recommended to reach out to the Windows support community for further assistant.