You can now update drivers, install firmware and recovery, unlock bootloader and root your Google Pixel 2 XL smartphone with the Skipsoft Android Toolkit. If you’ve been rooting Android devices, installing custom firmware and drivers, and unlocking bootloaders on smartphones before, then the Skipsoft Android Toolkit should not be new to you.
The Skipsoft Android Toolkit is a very useful tool for performing administrator-level operations like rooting, unlocking bootloaders, installing custom firmware and recoveries, and updating drivers on Android smartphones. It’s very popular amongst Android customizers and tweakers because it supports a wide range of Android smartphones, including those from well-known OEMs like Samsung, Google and OnePlus. Lately, support for Google’s latest flagship smartphone, the Google Pixel 2 XL has been added to the software.
This is not the first time a Google Pixel device is being supported on the Skipsoft Android Toolkit. The first-ever version of the Google-manufactured devices, the Google Pixel and its bigger sibling, the Google Pixel XL are already supported by the tool. If you’re interested in carrying out high-level tweaks on your Pixel 2 XL, continue reading.
Using Skipsoft Android Toolkit on Google Pixel 2 XL: Things to note
Before you go on to download the Skipsoft Android Toolkit and start tweaking your Pixel 2 XL, there are some things to note about the whole process:
- You can’t unlock the bootloader on Verizon models of the Google Pixel 2 XL at the moment. This is because the bootloader has been locked from the carrier, and you won’t be able to toggle the OEM unlock settings on the developer screen on the smartphone.
- Installing TWRP recovery on Google Pixel 2 XL now should be done only if absolutely necessary. The feature is still in development and is currently undergoing alpha testing, and many functions like device decryption, MTP and backup will not work. The possibility of bricking your device if any step is missed during installation is high.
Download Skipsoft Android Toolkit for Google Pixel 2 XL
- You can download the Skipsoft Unified Android Toolkit directly from Skipsoft here.
- To see the full list of supported Android devices for the toolkit, go here.
Skipsoft Android Toolkit Features and Tutorials
- See the full list of Skipsoft Android Toolkit features here.
- To learn how to install fastboot, adb and use the toolkit, check here.