It can be difficult for residents to decide what to prioritize when living in a city. It is important to have an excellent transportation system, a good amenities system, and reasonably priced rents. To ensure a decent living for all, here are ways to fix high rent in Cities Skylines 2.
What causes the High rent error in Cities Skylines 2?
There are several reasons why an error message might appear above a building (or several buildings) saying the rent is too high. In most cases, land value is responsible for this; you can see it by selecting the information (i) icon and then selecting the green box with white letters.
Using this option, you will be able to see the value of all the nearby land. If you build low density housing on higher-valued land, the rent will be higher, so avoid these locations. In addition to undereducated citizens and large home lots, too high taxes also contribute to high rent.
It is easier for educated people to afford higher rents because they make more money (though long term planning is needed for this). Rent increases as a result of large home lots, which create large buildings. In addition, high taxes make it harder for citizens to afford rent.
How to fix High Rent in Cities Skylines 2
Your citizens will be able to pay you rent if you lower the value of your land in a way that makes it easier to lower the rent.
- Add Schools early: It is more of a preventative measure than a treatment measure. Your residents will receive the proper education they deserve if you establish schools early. Then, they will be able to find a job easily and pay their rent when the time comes.
- Reduce Taxes: It is important to know that moving the slider all the way to the left will affect your income. In the future, you will not be able to earn as much money as before. However, you benefit by having people and businesses pay their rent on time. Therefore, do not target businesses and houses that make a lot of money.
- Offer fewer city services: If you disable city services, your city will not be as pleasant and not as appealing to everyone. The good news is that people who want to live will also be able to do so.
- Provide more jobs: Rents are high because people aren’t earning enough or anything to pay for them. It will be easier for citizens living in your city to pay their rent on time if you create more jobs.
- Bulldoze unusable buildings: It’s easy. If you are unable to solve the problem, remove the buildings and try again.
So, that’s how you can easily fix the High Rent in Cities Skylines 2. It’s our hope that this guide has helped you. In case you need more info, comment below and let us know.