GPS stands for Global Positioning System and in the present scenario, it is one of the very useful and in fact, best features in any smartphone. It enables users to find locations easily without any problem and you probably know how useful it is while traveling to an unknown place. It is, therefore, necessary that it must work properly. A lot of Samsung Galaxy Note 8 users have reported about the issues in the GPS. Although it’s not a major problem, it needs to be fixed. In this post, I will show you how to fix Galaxy Note 8 GPS issues simply.
Table of Contents
Different ways to fix Galaxy Note 8 GPS issues
There are different ways to tackle this problem and a few of that are simply the best in every aspect are spotlighted below to help you keep up the pace simply.
High Accuracy Mode
The high accuracy mode simply enables you to get the exact location with the help of this feature on your device. There is no need for you to worry about anything because this is a tested method and can probably enable you to get the favorable outcome simply in your Samsung Galaxy Note 8. The instructions for this are as follows.
- Go to Settings on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- Tap on Location and make sure the feature is activated
- Next is to tap on High “Accuracy” option
- The feature is now activated
After enabling this feature, there is no need for you to worry about the faltering of position in your device.
Download an app
There is a popular app on the Play store and i.e. “GPS Status and Toolbar” which simply enables you to make it sure that the GPS works reliably all the time on your Galaxy Note 8. If you don’t mind buying Pro addition to this app, there are certain add-on features that you can enjoy. These features are quite useful and can simply transform your experience of using GPS. You can easily find parking space in a busy area as this app directly connects your device to live satellite signal streaming
Clear the Cache
This is another method that helps you to ensure the working of GPS all the time on your device. Clearing the cache simply calibrate the positioning system of the device. To clear the cache to follow the below instructions.
- Open the Settings on your device
- Next is to head over to Application Manager
- Click on the three dotted lines towards the upper right corner of your phone and from the selection tap on the “Show System Apps.”
- Now look for Maps and Tap on it.
- On this screen tap on Storage and then tap on Clear Cache.
GPS Satellite test
Another useful and in fact the best method is to perform a GPS test and this will probably fix the issue. For this, you need to download an app on your device and one such app is “GPS Test Status & Fix”. It is available in the Play store freely. Once installed, simply open it and it will automatically check every barrier against the proper working of GPS on your device.
In case other methods don’t work, you can simply proceed with this. It must be noted that all the data on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 would be gone after performing a hard rest. Also, your device will go into the default settings. To perform a hard reset follow the below instructions.
- Open the device Settings
- Tap on General Management Option here
- Click the Reset option.
- Next is tap on Reset Device
- After this, Tap on Erase Everything
One more thing which you can proceed with is disabling all the third party apps on your device. This can be done by taking the device to the Safe Mode. There are certain chances that all the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 GPS issues simply.
If the above solution, doesn’t fix Galaxy Note 8 GPS Issues, then you can flash the latest firmware on Galaxy Note 8. In case the problem remains present, you need to visit an authorized repair shop to find the solution to this problem.
- How to Solve the Slow Internet Problem on Samsung Galaxy Note 8
- How To activate the Double Tap Wake up And Sleep On your Galaxy Note 8
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Stock Firmware Collections
- How to Fix Galaxy Note 8 Screen Color Problems
- How to Fix Galaxy Note 8 GPS Issues
- How to Locate Your Phone Number on Galaxy Note 8
- How to Use the Sleep Mode feature On Galaxy Note 8
- How to Fix Galaxy Note 8 Slow Charging Issue