It can be very frustrating when your GPS is not functioning, especially when you are stranded in the middle of nowhere. Luckily, we have some solutions to help you fix your GPS issues. Gome GPS problem is a serious problem because it literally disconnects you from tracking your location or order food or book a cab or find a route to the nearest ATM or a friend’s house where you never went and want to spend the day there or meet clients and customers, etc, GPS helps by enabling you to locate your position on the map and provide related services such as how to go there, time taken, what’s in the surrounding and more. So, how to fix there is a GPS problem that you are looking forward to fixing.
- Turn on High Accuracy Mode
- Toggle Settings on your phone
- Attain app assistance from GPS Essentials
- Check Power Saving Mode
- Refresh GPS Data with GPS Status & Toolbox
- Use GPS Connected to Keep Signal Active
- Update Google Maps
- Update Android firmware
- Wipe app cache
- Wipe cache partition
- Carry out a hard reset on your device
- Get help from the service center
Turn on High Accuracy Mode
This will cause the battery to drain off. Make sure you don’t leave your charger at home. The reason is that it communicates to your phone to use every resource available into detecting your location; including Wi-Fi, cellular networks, Bluetooth, and of course, GPS.
- Go to ‘Settings’.
- Tap on ‘Location’.
- Next step is to choose ‘Mode’.
- You will see three options beneath ‘Mode’. You need to select on the ‘High Accuracy’ that would provide a better GPS reception and thus, location-based data will be more efficient and accurate.
Toggle Settings on your phone
Looking for a simple and fast solution, give this a try. Turn off a few features and turn it back on or do it the other way round. why waste time by going all the way to perform a factory reset if the issue can be resolved by restarting your device. Try toggling some switches before you go all the way.
- Enable Airplane Mode – Accessible through Quick Settings.
- Toggle GPS – Also accessible through Quick Settings.
- Restart your Device – A simple restart can help to solve many issues on your device. Restart and try using GPS again.
Attain app assistance from GPS Essentials
The GPS Essentials app gives you an option to reduce the problem down to either hardware or software. This is very important and crucial, as you might end up wasting a lot of time and energy trying software solutions, however, the issue turns out to be a hardware issue and all your efforts will be futile.
Ensure you do not delete the GPS Essentials app even after you have fixed the GPS Problem
The app can be used to create a dashboard with up to 45 widgets of your choice, including: altitude, battery, speed, bearing, accuracy, climb, declination, ETA, distance, latitude and longitude, minimum and maximum speed, actual speed, sunrise and sunset, moonrise and moonset, moon phase, target, time, and lots more.
Download ‘GPS Essentials’ from the Play Store and allow it to install.
Next, open ‘App Menu’
Case 01: If No Satellites appear
Check if there is any interference with the signal, could be your phone case or any other external objects. The problem could be caused by your hardware and you may have to Take it to a Service expert.
Case 02: If the satellites are appearing
If the GPS on your device is still not working, in that case, it has to be a software issue.
Check Power Saving Mode
Very commonly referred to as Battery Saver, the only purpose of this app is to save battery power. Even though it is a worthy cause, it can diminish or totally eliminate GPS functionality. You may want to switch off Power Saving settings which also includes Battery Management or any third-party apps you have installed.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Battery.
- Select Power Saving Mode.
- Disable Power Saver.
Refresh GPS Data with GPS Status & Toolbox
In some situations, your assisted (A-GPS) may need a little bit of extra help, as it can turn out corrupt or stuck. The app that enables to speed up and improve the accuracy of your GPS is GPS Status & Toolbox by MobiWIA. A well-known app with an average rating of 4.5/5 out of almost 150,000 reviews in Google Play. GPS Status & Toolbox updates and fixes a GPS much more frequently among many other features.
Use GPS Connected to Keep Signal Active
GPS can face problems while toggling between apps. This could be an intentional method employed by your device to save on battery life. An app called GPS Connected will assist to keep your GPS signal active, and it does not consume a lot of space. It will, however, lower your battery life. Similarly, you can also try another app called GPS Keeper Lite/Keep GPS Fix that you can also use.
Update Google Maps
In case it is a task to search for accurate location-based results, an old version of Google Maps app or any other navigational app may be the issue for the GPS problem. Older versions of apps cause trouble to a great extent and are vulnerable to errors and bugs that may have escaped or infested the older version of the app as they are set up by hackers to cause trouble and damage. Making sure to update the app is the only solution to get rid of any bugs and errors. You will also get more features when you update the app.
Update Android firmware
As important it is to keep an app updated to avoid any bugs or errors, you also have to remember to update the Android OS as well. An old version of the firmware can affect the system causing damage. You must update the OS by going to the Settings >> About Device >> Software Updates.
Wipe app cache
A simple technique that will help you get rid of junk that you don’t need from your phone i.e. cache files. These files get corrupt very easily and cause issues by lagging down the phone and a lot more. These files can also cause issues in the functioning of any particular feature or the entire system because due to which, you will come across this solution almost everywhere as it definitely helps to resolve many software-related malfunctions.
Wipe cache partition
The user will need to check the recovery mode for this procedure. It can be activated with a mixture of keys and we need to work as per the following procedure
- To start, switch on the power button to switch off the phone.
- Now switch on the power button and keep pressing the volume up key for 5 to 10 seconds to make sure the phone restarts.
- As soon as the Android logo displays on the screen, release the volume up key and keep the power button clicked to enter the recovery mode. Here you have to select ‘wipe cache partition’ and confirm it by hitting the option ‘Yes’.
This will ensure to clear off all cache files giving a boost to the phone in terms of performance and also, resolve software related problems and help with the GPS Issue.
Carry out a hard reset on your device
If the GPS problem on your smartphone is still intact, you can perform a hard reset that must uproot the Gome GPS problem if in case it is a software-related issue but it won’t work with hardware-related issues. So, here’s how you can hard reset the phone to uproot the device.
- Firstly, commence by switching off the smartphone.
- Next, tap on the power button and volume up button together and hold it for few seconds.
- You need to hold the buttons until the phone boots into recovery mode which is a bootable sector where all the powerful tools are available.
- You need to select ‘wipe data/factory reset’ from the menu wherein you can use the power button to select and volume rockers which you can use to toggle between available options.
- Next is to select ‘yes — delete all user data’ which will set the ball rolling and the system will perform a factory reset.
- Finally, you need to select ‘reboot the system now’ and it will do the same.
Get help from the service center
If you are unable to get the problem resolved, you must report the issue to a service center where the technicians will be eligible enough to perform an audit on what is the root of the problem and get it resolved. You can report the issue to an authorized service center or a third party service center where the charges could vary but the warranty period could get void.