Bethesda recently released Starfield as one of the single-player open-world space video games for the first time in the universe of Bethesda Game Studios. It’s an action role-playing game that offers a space-themed setting that delivers stunning visuals and impeccable gaming experience. Even though the title has already received plenty of positive reviews, it seems that developers will need more time to fix multiple bugs and errors. Meanwhile, some players report that Starfield Powers Not Working for them.
Starfield’s Powers are nothing but magical spells that players can perform by collecting artefacts and their temples. After completing the first part of the main Quest known as ‘Into the Unknown’, players will be able to unlock their very first power such as ‘Anti-Gravity Field’. Well, plenty of artefacts, temples, and powers are included in the Starfield game that you’ll get to know as you progress in the gameplay & unlock the potential. But some players have been unable to use powers in Starfield recently.
If we talk about power usage, you can equip one Power at any time from the specific menu at the top once you unlock the first Power (Anti-Gravity Field). You can activate a Power by pressing the LB + RB combo at the same time on an Xbox controller. For the PC version, players can activate their Power by pressing the Z key. After claiming Powers, you can select one of them by selecting the top of the menu screen.
How to Fix Starfield Powers Not Working
It seems that there are some potential reasons applicable behind the “Starfield Powers Not Working” issue at your end such as incorrect keybinding settings, an outdated game version, missing game files, temporary glitches with the game, conflicts with the power acquiring, and more. It’s highly recommended to check the following workarounds until the problem has been fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Relaunch Starfield
We always suggest our readers perform a simple yet effective workaround to exit and close the game properly. Then restart the game to check if the problem still persists or not. Most players find it helpful to restart the game. Just close the game respective to your gaming device and then relaunch it again.
2. Check Keybindings
In case, you’re using customized keybinding for your gameplay then make sure to cross-check the keybinding once again. Sometimes incorrect keybindings can cause multiple issues with the Starfield powers not working conflicts. Ensure the correct keybindings are assigned for activating and using powers in the game. Head over to the in-game settings and check for the keybindings. If necessary, try switching the keys with another one to check if it helps or not.
3. Reacquire Powers
The chances are high that somehow your powers aren’t functioning properly due to issues with the acquiring powers. It’s recommended to reacquire powers by visiting the specific artefacts and temples in the gameplay and performing the quest completions. You can also get the in-game guides to find and acquire powers. It can be helpful in resetting glitches up to some extent.
4. Check for Starfield Updates
Ensure your Starfield game is up to date to avoid game-related issues because an outdated game patch version can cause multiple conflicts. The latest patch version will improve stability and fix bugs. To do so:
- Open Steam > Go to Library.
- Click on Starfield from the left pane.
- Steam will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Wait for a couple of minutes to complete the update.
- Once done, close Steam, and reboot your PC to apply changes.
For Microsoft Store:
- Open the Microsoft Store on the PC.
- Click on Library from the lower left side.
- Now, click on Get Updates.
- It’ll automatically start installing the pending updates.
- Otherwise, search for Starfield > Click on Update. (if available)
- Turn on your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S gaming console.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the menu.
- Now, scroll down to the right > Select Settings.
- Scroll down until you see Updates & downloads.
- Select Keep my console up to date and Keep my games & games up to date to enable the option.
5. Verify and Repair the Game Files
Verify and repair the installed game files on the PC by following the steps below. It’ll ensure there is no issue with the game files. In some cases, corrupted or missing game files may trigger several issues with the game running experience.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Starfield from the list.
- Click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Now, wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, restart your PC.
6. Contact Bethesda Support
If none of the above methods work for you then make sure to contact Bethesda Support to get better assistance on it. Simply submit the support ticket for the same to allow developers to investigate the issue further.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.