OnePlus 7 Pro is the premium flagship from the OnePlus company. It was launched along with the OnePlus 7 in May 2019. You get very high-end specs and a great and innovative design. The pop-up camera is the main feature of the phone that can withstand around 22.5 Kgs of weight. The OnePlus 7 Pro runs on the Oxygen OS which is based on Android. You get almost no bloatware with the OnePlus device.But, to get more control on your device, this article will help you with how to root OnePlus 7 Pro with MAGISK patched boot image 9.5.3 & 9.5.4.
Magisk is the perfect way to root any of the Android device available in the market. You get additional features with Magisk that include Magisk hide, Magisk Module and further developmental scope.
Now without further ado, let’s get straight into the article;
Quick Specs Overview of OnePlus 7 Pro
One Plus 7 Pro is powered by the Snapdragon 855 SoC and has an option of three variants 6GB/8GB/12GB of RAM. You also get two option for storage 128GB or the 256GB. Moreover, it has the pop-up selfie camera that is a 16 MP shooter that allows it to achieve that bezel-less design. The rear has a triple camera setup of 48MP + 16Mp + 8MP. It has all the connectivity features and is a great flagship killer in that price.
How To Root OnePlus 7 Pro With MAGISK Patched Boot Image 9.5.3 & 9.5.4
It is a very easy process and if you follow the steps mentioned in this article then, you will root your OnePlus device very easily and quickly with Magisk. The download links for Magisk boot image 9.5.3 and 9.5.4 is mentioned below;
- OxygenOS 9.5.4 Patched Boot image
- OxygenOS 9.5.4 Patched Boot image
- OxygenOS 9.5.6 Patched Boot image
- OxygenOS 9.5.7 Patched Boot image
Also, note that you must take a backup of your device including all your files and data. This process will wipe off all the data and files stored in your device memory. Make sure you have unlocked the bootloader. Moreover, also make sure that your device has over 50% battery charge and download all the required files. Install all the fastboot drivers and ADB files to your computer.
Steps to Create Magisk Patched Boot Image
Let us take a first learn to create the Magisk boot image file. If you are already on the OOS 9.5.3 or 9.5.4 then, you can directly download the image file from the above-mentioned links. This method is just for creating a patched file if you are in a different OOS. The steps are followed below;
- Download the stock OOS on which the phone is running (eg. if you are in OOS 9.5.5 then download the stock OOS 9.5.5).
- Now, extract the boot.img file from the stock OOS using payload.bin dumper.
- Then, copy the extracted boot.img file on your OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Download and install Magisk Manager APK on your device.
- Open Magisk Manager App and click on Install.
- A screen will pop-up flashing Select Method. Tap the Select and Patch a File option.
- Locate the boot.img file from your device memory and select it to patch.
- You are done and your Magisk boot image patch will be saved in the Downloads folder.
Steps to Root OnePlus 7 Pro with Magisk Patched Boot Image
- Download the patched boot image file and copy it on your PC/laptop.
- Download and install the latest version of Magisk Manager.
- Completely turn off your OnePlus 7 Pro.
- Reboot the device in fastboot/bootloader mode.
- Connect your OnePlus 7 Pro to your PC via a USB cable.
- Go to the folder where you copied the boot image and adb files.
- Run command prompt from the same folder by typing cmd on the address bar of the folder and hit enter.
- Enter the following command on the command prompt:
fastboot flash boot boot_patched.img
(boot_patched is the name of the patched image. If you have saved it with a different name then enter that name)
- Your OnePlus 7 Pro will reboot into the system. Please do not unplug your device from your PC at this stage, as it will cause permanent damage to your phone.
- After it has successfully rebooted, you have rooted your OnePlus 7 Pro.
There you have it from my side in this article. It is advised that please follow all the instructions and steps as mentioned above to avoid any permanent damage or bricking of your phone. This is a safe way to root your OnePlus 7 Pro with Magisk manager app. Let us know in the comments if you found this guide helpful and also mention any step or issues if you have faced while performing this root.