There are two popular portable Bluetooth speakers, the JBL Boombox 2 and the JBL Boombox 3, all of which are known for their powerful sound and long battery life. Nevertheless, some users report that their speakers will not turn on. There’s no need to worry if you encounter the JBL Boombox 2 / 3 Not Turning On issue! If you want to fix it, here are some steps you can take.
Fix: If JBL Boombox 2 / 3 Not Turning On
It won’t be very tough to fix the JBL Boombox 2/3 not turning on issue; so, in case you are facing this problem, check out these fixes:
Fix 1: Check the Battery
You need to check the battery first when troubleshooting your JBL Boombox 2 or 3 if it isn’t turning on. Here is a detailed explanation of how to check your battery:
- Make sure the speaker is fully charged. When the battery level is low, it might not be able to turn on. If you want to charge the speaker, connect the power cord to a working outlet.
- On the speaker, look for a battery indicator. There is a battery gauge on some JBL Boombox models that displays the current battery level. Depending on the battery level indicator, the device may need some time to charge before it can work.
- Batteries must be checked regularly to ensure they are in proper condition. If the speaker has been used for an extended period of time, its battery might have been depleted. When you turn on the speaker, disconnect the power cord and check the battery life. Whenever the device turns off after a short period, it means the battery is depleted and needs to be recharged.
- You should check the connections to the battery. Even if the battery is fully charged, the speaker will not turn on. Check the battery connections if the speaker still won’t turn on. You should check the battery connections and battery compartment for visible damage, and ensure that the battery is clean and secure.
If your JBL Boombox won’t turn on, take these steps to find out if your battery is the problem. Ensure that the battery is fully charged and that the speaker connections are secure before proceeding.
Fix 2: Check the Power Cord
Checking your JBL Boombox 2 or 3’s battery did not fix the issue, so you should check the power cord next. This is how you can check your power cord in detail:
- It is critical to ensure that the power cord is connected properly. Plug the speaker’s power cord into a working outlet and ensure that it is securely connected. Possibly, the cord is not properly connected.
- Make sure that the power outlet is working. By connecting a different device to the power outlet, you can determine whether it is functioning. Changing the outlet if the first one isn’t working is the most effective option.
- You should check the power cord for visible damage. If the power cord shows any signs of damage, such as fraying or tears, you should replace it. You may need to replace the cord if it has visible damage.
- It might be worth trying a different power cord. To resolve the problem, try using another power cord if the original one is damaged. Alternatively, you can purchase a new power cord from JBL or use one from another device.
If your JBL Boombox isn’t turning on after following these steps, you might have a problem with your power cord. You need to check whether the speaker’s power cord is connected properly and not damaged before proceeding to the next step.
Fix 3: Restart the Speaker
The next step if your JBL Boombox 2 or 3 does not start after you’ve checked the battery and power cord is to restart the speaker. Here’s how you can restart the speaker:
- Make sure that the speaker’s power cord is disconnected from the power outlet as well. Do not reconnect it until a few seconds have passed.
- Connect the power cord to the speaker and a working power outlet.
- Hold down the power button until the speaker comes on.
- You will need to wait for the speaker to restart. Depending on your speaker, restarting and turning it on may take a few seconds.
It is often possible to resolve software issues that prevent the speaker from turning on by restarting it. The next step in troubleshooting the speaker is to restart it if restarting does not resolve the issue.
Fix 4: Update the Firmware
It is recommended that you update the firmware of your JBL Boombox 2 or 3 if restarting it did not solve the not turning on problem. To update the firmware, follow these steps:
- Visit the JBL website to download the latest firmware update for your specific model of JBL Boombox.
- Connect the speaker to your computer with the USB cable that came with it.
- You will need to install the firmware update. Using the instructions provided with the firmware update, install it on your JBL Boombox.
- Once your speaker’s firmware has been updated, disconnect it from your computer.
- In order to turn on the speaker, hold down the power button for several seconds.
Your JBL Boombox may not be able to turn on due to a software issue that can be easily resolved by updating the firmware. If updating the firmware doesn’t resolve the problem, JBL may need to be contacted for technical support.
Fix 5: Perform a Factory Reset
You may need to perform a factory reset if updating the firmware hasn’t resolved your JBL Boombox 2 or 3 not turning on problem. For a detailed explanation of how to reset your phone, here is what you need to do:
- You can find the reset button on the back of your JBL Boombox. In most cases, the power button has a small button near it.
- Press and hold the reset button for approximately 10 seconds with a paper clip or other pointed object.
- Press and hold the reset button until the speaker restarts.
- Once the speaker is turned on, hold the power button for a few seconds.
When you perform a factory reset on your speaker, you will erase all the saved settings and restore it to its original state. It is possible that JBL can provide technical support if a factory reset does not resolve the issue.
Fix 6: Contact JBL Support
Your JBL Boombox 2 or 3 may not turn on if none of the previous steps helped. If you need technical support, contact JBL. For more information on contacting JBL support, see the following:
- Visit the JBL website and find the support section.
- You will need to fill out the support form with your contact information and a description of your JBL Boombox issue.
- To get support from JBL, submit the form once it has been completed.
- Upon receiving your form, JBL support will review it and contact you with a resolution.
For any questions or concerns, you can also contact JBL’s customer support by phone or email. In most cases, you can find contact information on your speaker’s packaging or on the JBL website. Your JBL Boombox can be resolved with the assistance of JBL experts if you contact JBL support.
Also Read: Fix: JBL Live 300 TWS Earbuds Won’t Charge or Case Not Charging
To conclude, if your JBL Boombox 2 or 3 does not turn on, don’t panic! From checking your battery to performing a factory reset, there are several steps you can take to resolve the problem. Whenever all else fails, get in touch with JBL support. It shouldn’t take you long to fix your speaker with these steps! So, that’s how to fix the JBL Boombox 2/3 not turning on issue. We hope that this guide has helped you. Moreover, comment below and let us know if you have any doubts or queries.