Lies of P is one of the most awaited Sony PlayStation games that has already received the ‘2022 Gamescom award’ for the best role-playing title as well as the best action-adventure game title. This single-player action-adventure thrilling souls-like RPG takes the Pinocchio story to a different level. Neowiz Games and Round8 Studio have done a tremendous job by releasing it for all three major platforms Windows, PS, and Xbox. Though the title has received positive reviews on Steam, some players are facing the Lies of P Inverted Vertical Camera Bug.
The issue name suggests the camera controls in the game don’t get inverted for no specific reason. Affected players are getting frustrated with this bug and even the in-game camera control settings can’t help to fix it. As the game is quite new in the market for the PC version, we’re expecting that developers will soon come up with a patch fix. However, at the time of writing this article, we’re not sure whether the developers are aware of this issue or not. Still, we’ll hope for the best.
- Fix: Lies of P Inverted Vertical Camera Bug
- 1. Restart the PC
- 2. Reconnect the Controller
- 3. Run Lies of P as an Administrator
- 4. Update Lies of P
- 5. Scan and Repair the Game Files
- 6. Configure the In-Game Controller Settings
- 7. Use DS4Windows for a PS Controller
- 8. Try Using Another Controller
- 9. Reinstall Lies of P
- 10. Contact Lies of P Social Support
Fix: Lies of P Inverted Vertical Camera Bug
If we take a quick look at the several reports online, this specific inverted vertical camera bug in Lies of P for the PC version has become a common issue right now. Although this particular inverted vertical camera issue isn’t a new thing for PC gamers, it’s new for the Lies of P title. meanwhile, we should also mention that multiple players encountered this issue in the demo version. This bug basically changes the in-game camera behaviour unexpectedly where the camera movement doesn’t respond properly.
In some cases, using the controller joystick in one direction may also cause the camera movement issue in the opposite direction, leading to inverted gaming visuals. Well, this issue can be significantly problematic in the gaming experience that we can’t deny. Now, if you’re one of the victims to encounter such a bug at your end then don’t worry. Luckily, here we’ve shared with you a couple of possible workarounds that should help a lot.
Make sure to follow all troubleshooting methods until the problem has been fixed. So, without further wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart the PC
We’ll first recommend you simply restart the desktop or laptop after closing all programs to ensure there is no issue with the system glitch. Sometimes a temporary glitch or cache data issue can cause multiple conflicts with the games to run properly.
2. Reconnect the Controller
Just make sure to disconnect the specific controller from the PC and then reconnect it properly irrespective of the wired/wireless connectivity. If you’re using a wired USB controller then try connecting to a different USB port to ensure there is no wobbling or loose connectivity causing any issue.
3. Run Lies of P as an Administrator
Make sure to run the game app file on your PC as an administrator access to allow the User Account Control (UAC) access to the system. In some cases, your system requires the UAC access permission to run a program which is quite important. By following the steps below you’ll have to allow the admin access for once and it won’t ask you for the same again. To do so:
- Go to the installed game directory on your PC. (By default: C:\)
- Right-click on the Lies of P executable app file on your PC.
- Click on Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Click on the Run this program as an administrator checkbox to enable it.
- Once done, click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
4. Update Lies of P
Sometimes an outdated game version can also bring multiple bugs or issues like an inverted vertical camera bug. It’s better to update your Lies of P game by following the steps below. If an update is available, then install the latest patch. To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Lies of P from the left pane.
- If there is an update available, just click on Update.
- As the updating process may take some time, wait for it.
- Once done, close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC, and try launching the game again.
5. Scan and Repair the Game Files
If you’re feeling that there is an issue with the installed game files on the directory and somehow the game files are corrupted or missing then don’t panic. Repairing the game files will be useful via Steam. To do so:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Lies of P from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
6. Configure the In-Game Controller Settings
If you are playing Lies of P on a PC with a gamepad then make sure to follow the steps below to easily configure controller settings in the game menu.
- Open the Steam client > Navigate to your Library.
- Click on Lies of P in the left pane.
- Now, click on the Play button to launch the game.
- From the game Settings menu, click on the Gamepad icon.
- Here select Edit Layout > Select Joysticks.
- Click on the cog wheel icon next to the Right Joystick Behavior option.
- From the next window, click on Invert Vertical Axis.
- Ensure to uncheck the Inverted Y-Axis option.
- Finally, restart the game, and check for the issue again.
7. Use DS4Windows for a PS Controller
Several Lies of P players have found that using the DS4Windows software with the PlayStation controller on the PC did come in handy. If you’re also using a PS controller on the PC then follow the steps below to give it a try.
- First, disconnect and reconnect your PlayStation controller to your PC.
- Once the controller device has been detected by Windows, download the latest DS4Windows tool.
- Now, install DS4Windows on the system > Launch DS4Windows.
- Make sure to remap the stick axis to your preference.
- Then reboot the PC and check for the issue again.
8. Try Using Another Controller
You should also try using a different controller on your PC to check whether the same inverted vertical camera bug is appearing or not. If the same issue still persists then you can try the next method. But if the other controller works fine with the vertical camera then reset your problematic controller or repair it.
9. Reinstall Lies of P
If none of the above methods come in handy then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the Lies of P game on the PC to check for the issue again. Though reinstalling the game isn’t a good idea, there is nothing to do at your end.
- Open the Start menu > Search for Control Panel and open it.
- Click on Uninstall a program > Search for Lies of P game.
- Now, click on the game > Select Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes.
- Next, open the Steam client, and reinstall the Lies of P game again.
10. Contact Lies of P Social Support
Last but not least, if you’re consistently facing the inverted vertical camera issue in the Lies of P game then make sure to contact Lies of P Social Support by visiting the @Liesofp Twitter handle. Just report the issue to the team via tweet with proper tags and hashtags so the developers can investigate the issue deeply.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.