MLB The Show 23 is one of the popular baseball video games by San Diego Studio and Sony Interactive Entertainment which is purely based on Major League Baseball. It’s been doing really well across all major gaming platforms like PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and Nintendo Switch. However, it seems that there are plenty of players experiencing the MLB The Show 23 Diamond Dynasty Mode Bug or Can’t Equip Custom Jersey problem quite often.
This specific issue might occur whenever players try to equip their custom jerseys or uniforms in the Diamond Dynasty Mode. There is a major issue reported by plenty of players that the jersey keeps changing to Orioles irrespective of the custom jersey players choose. It’s worth mentioning that this particular issue may trouble anyone and is not limited to any specific gaming platform as of now. So, if you’re also one of the victims to encounter such an issue then make sure to check this guide.
Fix: MLB The Show 23 Diamond Dynasty Mode Bug or Can’t Equip Custom Jersey
Luckily, here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds for you that should come in handy. Make sure to check all methods one by one until the problem gets fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Try Equipping All Uniforms
Someone has posted this workaround on Reddit and asked the affected MLB The Show 23 players to cross-check if the diamond dynasty mode bug is troubling further or not. Although this particular trick might not come in handy for everyone, you should try this once to check if it’s working for you or not. To do so:
- Open the MLB The Show 23 game > Go to Edit Uniforms.
- Look at your blank uniform > Select MLB/MiLB Uniforms.
- Scroll backward through all of the teams to the bottom.
- Now, go back without selecting any jersey.
- If this method worked, your player should be able to wear a generic white/black jersey in MLB The Show 23.
2. Power Cycle the Networking Device
Sometimes only rebooting the game or device or switching the internet connection may not come in handy because there might be an issue with the Wi-Fi router or modem. In that scenario, performing the power cycle on your Wi-Fi router or modem can also fix the internet connectivity-related issues completely. To do that:
- Turn off the router first > Once the LED indicators stopped, unplug the power cable from the router.
- Now, wait for around 30 seconds, and then plug back the power cable into the router.
- Turn on the router and check for the issue again.
3. Try Changing the Team Logo and Colors
You can also try changing the team logo and colors in MLB The Show 23 to check if the problem is still bothering you or not. Some reports did claim that after performing this trick, they have become eligible to equip custom jerseys without any further issues.
4. Update MLB The Show 23
In case, you haven’t updated your MLB The Show 23 game for a while and encountering several issues then make sure to follow the steps below to check for updates and install the latest version. To do this:
- Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Select MLB The Show 23 to highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Choose Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the menu.
- Now, scroll down to the right > Select Settings.
- Scroll down until you see Updates & downloads.
- Select Keep my console up to date and Keep my games & games up to date to enable them.
- This will do the job automatically whenever new updates are available.
For Nintendo Switch:
- Head over to the home screen of your Nintendo Switch.
- Select the MLB The Show 23 game title.
- Hit the right controller’s Plus button.
- Now, select Software Update from the drop-down menu that appears.
- Choose Using the Internet as a Source and proceed.
- Wait for the update process to be completed.
- Once done, make sure to reboot the Nintendo Switch console.
5. Check the Server Status of the Game
It’s also possible that the MLB The Show game servers are either down or going through an outage due to some technical issues. The chances are high that you won’t be able to properly connect to the game servers or matchmaking in some regions.
At the time of writing this article, there is a huge server outage issue preventing players from getting into the server which eventually affects the gameplay issues. You can check out the MLB The Show Server Status here. If there is an issue, wait for a few hours and try again.
6. Clear the Cache Data of the Game
You can also try clearing the cache data of the game to ensure there is no conflict with the temporary glitches whatsoever. It’s actually better to perform this method to reduce other potential issues or conflicts with the game cache data.
- Quit and Exit the MLB The Show 23 game.
- Select My games & apps > Select See all.
- Now, highlight the MLB The Show 23 game.
- Select Manage game and add-ons > Go down to Saved data.
- Choose the Delete all button > Wait for it to complete.
- Finally, relaunch the MLB The Show 23 game to check for the issue.
- Go to Settings > Select Application Saved Data Management.
- Choose either System Storage or Online Storage or USB Storage > Select Delete.
- Select the MLB The Show 23 game > Checkmark the files that you want to delete or just Select All.
- Finally, select Delete > Select OK to confirm the task.
- Once done, reboot your console to check for the issue again.
For Nintendo Switch:
- Navigate to the Nintendo Switch Home menu.
- Now, select System Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Choose a System > Select Formatting Options from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select the option to Delete All Content and Settings from your browser’s menu.
- Clear the cache for the selected user and then follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
- Finally, check for the issue whether it has been fixed or not.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.