Palworld became popular in a short period after the release of the PC version via Steam and Xbox Game Pass platforms. This title has more than 500,000 active players right now and ranks in the trending section at the time of writing this article. Even though the game is quite optimized, there are some errors and bugs present due to its early access stage. Several players are encountering server downtime or lobby joining errors due to the high concurrent players most of the time. Meanwhile, the Palworld Game Pass not working issue also become a hot topic.
Inevitable conflicts are happening to the Palworld players, especially to the PC version no matter whether using Steam or the Xbox Game Pass. Some of the reports claim that the Xbox PC Game Pass and even the Console Game Pass users are having issues with this game. Such as black screen, and server connectivity errors, to join a lobby where a maximum of 32 players can get into the gameplay sessions at a time. Though Pocketpair is aware of such an issue, we’ll have to wait for technical fixes.
- Fix Palworld Game Pass Not Working (PC)
- 1. Restart the PC
- 2. Update the Palworld Game
- 3. Update the Xbox App for PC
- 4. Run the Gaming Services Repair Tool
- 5. Update Windows
- 6. Log in to the Valid Xbox Account
- 7. Check for the Xbox Live Status
- 8. Repair the Game on the Xbox App for PC
- 9. Reinstall Gaming Services on Windows
- 10. Reinstall Palworld on the Xbox App for PC
- Fix Palworld Game Pass Not Working (Xbox Console)
Fix Palworld Game Pass Not Working (PC)
Since Palworld has been released in Xbox Game Pass, the subscription users for the PC version are encountering the common error code 0x803F8001 whenever they try to run the specific title. We should mention that even though Xbox PC Game Pass users have already downloaded and installed the Palworld game, they’re unable to launch it unexpectedly. In general, this particular can happen due to the Xbox account sign-in issues at times. However, that’s not the case for everyone.
It looks like the outdated game patch version, corrupted game files, temporary cache data, internet connectivity issues, Xbox Live service outages, conflicts with the Xbox subscription status, and more can also be other possible reasons. If you’re also facing the same irrespective of PC Game Pass, don’t worry.
Fortunately, here we’ve shared with you some potential workarounds that should come in handy. Make sure to follow all troubleshooting methods until the problem has been fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart the PC
It’s highly recommended to manually restart your PC to ensure there is no issue with the system glitch or temporary cache data. You can check the following steps to reboot the system.
- Open the Start menu > Click on the Power menu.
- Click on Restart.
2. Update the Palworld Game
The second thing you can do is manually check for the Palworld game updates on your Xbox app by following the steps below. An outdated game version can trouble you a lot with the game startup or Game Pass subscription issues.
- Open the Xbox app for Windows.
- Go to My Library > Select the Palworld game.
- Click on the More options (…) button.
- Now, click on Manage > Select Files.
- Then select Check for updates.
3. Update the Xbox App for PC
Another thing you can do is to manually check for the Xbox app updates on your PC by following the steps below. You’ll be able to install the Xbox app updates, if available.
- Launch the Microsoft Store app.
- Click on Library > Click on Get Updates.
- If an update is available, click on Update next to the Xbox app.
4. Run the Gaming Services Repair Tool
The Gaming Services Repair Tool for PC comes integrated directly into the Xbox app for PC. You should run the Gaming Services Repair Tool on your Xbox app by following the steps below. Make sure that you have the 2311.1001.7.0 version or above to be able to use this feature.
- Launch the Xbox app for PC.
- Now, click on your Profile picture.
- Click on Support.
- Then click on Gaming Services Repair Tool.
- Click on Start Troubleshooting.
- Wait for it to complete and then reboot the PC.
- Finally, you’ll have to launch the game to check for the issue.
5. Update Windows
Ensure to manually install the Windows update by following the steps below. An outdated Windows OS version or the build number can trouble you a lot. Updating Windows will fix overall performance and the program running experiences.
- Open the Start menu > Search for Settings and open it.
- For Windows 10: Click on Update & Security.
- For Windows 11: Click on Windows Update.
- Then click on Check for Updates to see if any updates are available.
- If available, click on Download and Install.
- Once done, reboot the computer to take effect.
6. Log in to the Valid Xbox Account
Whenever you sign in to the Xbox app using the Microsoft account credentials, make sure to use the same valid account that you’ve used to sign in to Windows or purchase the game. You should also check if there’s an Xbox gamertag associated with this account or not. To sign in to the account, check the steps below:
- Open the Xbox app for PC.
- Click on Profile & Settings in the top-right corner.
- Now, select Sign in > You’ll have to go through the on-screen process.
- Windows will automatically check for your account info.
Please Note: If there’s an Xbox profile associated with your Microsoft account, ensure to check if your ‘gamertag’ and ‘gamerpic’ options are showing on the screen or not. In case, you don’t recognise the Xbox profile showing on the screen, try to select Switch accounts and then use a different Microsoft account.
7. Check for the Xbox Live Status
It’s also recommended to check for the Xbox Live Status here when you’re getting the error because the chances are high that the Xbox servers are down or having technical issues. In case, the service outage is there then make sure to wait for a couple of hours and try again later. You can also sign into the notifications to receive alerts whenever the Xbox services will be back online.
8. Repair the Game on the Xbox App for PC
It’s also suggested to repair the installed game on the Xbox App for PC by following the steps below to ensure there is no conflict with the title launching or syncing with the Xbox Game Pass services. To do so:
- Open the Xbox App for Windows.
- Go to My Library > Select the Palworld game.
- Select the More options (…) button.
- Choose Manage > Select Files.
- Now, click on Verify and Repair.
9. Reinstall Gaming Services on Windows
If the above workarounds didn’t help then make sure to uninstall and reinstall the Gaming Services app on your Windows 10/11 machine. This method will help in fixing potential glitches with the game services files.
- Open the Start menu > Search for PowerShell.
- Right-click on Windows PowerShell > Select Run as administrator.
- If prompted by UAC, click on Yes to allow admin access.
- Now, type the following command in Windows PowerShell & hit Enter:
get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
- Then you can type the following command and press Enter:
- Next, Install the Gaming Services app on that page.
- Select Yes if prompted by the User Account Control (UAC).
- Once done, restart your computer, and try running the game again.
10. Reinstall Palworld on the Xbox App for PC
Last but not least, you should also uninstall and reinstall the Palworld game on your Xbox app for Windows by following the steps below. This method will help in fixing the game installation conflicts in most cases.
- Open the Search menu > Search for Xbox and open it.
- Under installed games on the left side, right-click on the Palworld game.
- Then click on Uninstall Game > Wait for the game to be deleted.
- Once done, open the Microsoft Store again.
- Go to the Store tab > Click on the Palworld game.
- Click on Install > Wait for the game to get installed.
- Once done, run the Palworld game to check for the issue.
Please Note: You can change the installation for the game by going to My Library > Install Queue. Here you can select the Install Now (arrow up) button.
Fix Palworld Game Pass Not Working (Xbox Console)
Some Xbox console users are also getting similar Xbox Console Game Pass running issues while launching the Palworld game. You can follow the workarounds below to try fixing this issue.
1. Restart the Console
You might need to manually restart your Xbox console to refresh the temporary glitches or system cache data whatsoever.
2. Check for Palworld Updates
Another thing you can try checking for the Palworld game updates manually by following the steps below. An outdated game patch version can trouble you a lot.
- Head over to the Xbox Dashboard menu.
- Go to the My Games and Apps section.
- Select Manage > Go to Updates.
- If the Palworld game update is available.
- Press the A button on the controller to start it.
3. Delete the Saved Game Files
Sometimes your game’s saved data might be missing or outdated and needs to be deleted manually from the console. It’ll eventually help in creating new saved game data on the system whenever you relaunch the title. So, follow the steps below to check for the same.
Please Note: It’s recommended to take a backup of the saved data or download it to avoid losing your progress in the game.
- Press the Xbox button on the controller to open the Guide.
- Select My Games & Apps > Select See All.
- Highlight Games > Press the Menu button of Palworld.
- Choose Manage game and add-ons.
- Select Saved Data > Choose Delete All to remove all saved data on your console.
- Choose Delete from Console or Delete Everywhere.
- Once done, reboot the console to check for the issue.
4. Reset the Console
If none of the workarounds didn’t come in handy then make sure to reset the console manually by following the steps below. Resetting the console will help in fixing the potential issues or system cache data issues most of the time.
- Go to the main menu on Xbox.
- Choose Settings > Select System.
- Then select Console Info.
- Select Reset Console.
- Choose Reset and Keep My Games & Apps.
- Wait for the reset process to complete.
- Once done, ensure to restart your console.
- Finally, run the game to check for the issue.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.