Picture in Picture (PIP) mode is a really handy feature that we use daily. It improves the multitasking experience on our Android phones. Many apps, including YouTube, WhatsApp, Telegram, Uber, etc, support the PIP mode. Nonetheless, PIP mode may not work as expected sometimes, and several users experienced Pictures in Picture (PIP) Mode not working on their Android phones, which can be annoying. Don’t worry. You can easily troubleshoot the problem by trying some straightforward solutions. So, let’s help you out with this article.
- What Reasons Are Picture in Picture Mode (PIP) Not Working on Android?
- How to Fix Picture in Picture Mode (PIP) Not Working on Android
- Final Words
What Reasons Are Picture in Picture Mode (PIP) Not Working on Android?
There are various reasons why the Picture in Picture (PIP) Mode is not working on your Android device. Here are some main reasons includes:
- It may be possible that Picture in Picture (PIP) Mode is disabled on your Android device.
- Incompatible App: The app you’re trying to use in PIP mode on your Android device may be incompatible.
- Corrupted cache: Another main reason the PIP Mode is not working is the corrupted cache.
- Outdated app: The app you’re trying to use PIP mode on is running on the oldest version and needs updating.
- PIP is unsupported: The current version of your phone’s software doesn’t support PIP, preventing the Picture in Picture Mode from working.
How to Fix Picture in Picture Mode (PIP) Not Working on Android
As we mentioned, the Picture in Picture (PIP) mode is caused by numerous reasons. Make sure to check if PIP mode is supported on your Android phones or not. As some Android phones aren’t compatible with PIP mode. If the device you are using is compatible with PIP mode and still has an issue, you don’t need to worry. By following the mentioned solutions, you may easily fix the PIP mode not working issue. So, let’s check them out.
Fix 1: Make Sure Picture in Picture Mode is Enabled
The Picture in Picture Mode is a useful feature on Android devices, and it improves the multitasking experience while accessing the applications. But, many users can’t access PIP Mode on their devices, which seems frustrating. So, to fix the PIP Mode not working issue, you have to first ensure whether the Picture in Picture Mode is enabled on your Android smartphone. In case PIP Mode is disabled on your device, here’s how you may check the Picture in Picture Mode settings on your device:
- Launch Settings on your Android device.
- Choose Apps > Special App Access.
- Now select the Picture-in-Picture Mode option.
- Here you will see the list of applications.
- Make sure to check the toggle is enabled next to the application.
- If the toggle is disabled, tap the toggle to enable it back.
- Now try to check if the Picture in Picture Mode not working issue has been resolved on your Android device.
Fix 2: Check App Compatibility
Some Android apps are incompatible with Picture in Picture (PIP) Mode. It may be the case that the app you are accessing on your device doesn’t support Picture in Picture (PIP) mode. Ensure to verify whether the app you’re using is supported by Picture in Picture mode. You can also head over to the app’s official site, and from there, you can check if it supports Picture in Picture mode.
Fix 3: Restart your Device
If you’re experiencing an issue with Picture in Picture Mode on your Android device, you should restart your device. Generally, restarting works best to fix any temporary bugs and glitches caused by malicious sources. Plus, it increases the performance of the applications. Make sure to restart your Android smartphone or tablet in order to solve the Picture in Picture Mode not working problem.
Press and hold the power menu button until the Restart option appears on your phone screen. Again tap the “Restart” option and your Android device will automatically turn off. Now wait until your Android device turns back on and check if the issue has been resolved.
Fix 4: Clear App Cache
You may encounter problems with Picture in Picture mode on your Android device due to accumulated temporary data. Also, this decreases performance and affects the proper functioning of applications. Consequently, you should clear the app cache and data and try checking the results again. To clear app cache, follow these steps:
- Launch Settings on your Android device.
- Choose Apps > All Apps and select the desired app from the list of applications.
- Now tap on the Storage and Cache option.
- Finally, tap on the Clear Cache option.
- Now relaunch the app and check if the Picture in Picture Mode not working issue has been fixed.
Fix 5: Update Your Apps
If you’re still not able to use Picture in Picture (PIP) Mode on your Android device, we recommend updating your apps. It may be possible that due to an outdated version, the app you’re trying to use might not support Picture in Picture Mode. Here’s are the steps to update your apps on your device:
- Head over to Google Play Store on your device.
- Now tap on your profile icon at the top right corner of the screen and select the Manage Apps & Device option.
- From there, tap on Updates Available option.
- You will see the update list of applications. Locate the app you want to update and tap the Update option.
- Once the update is finished on your Android device, try using Picture in Picture Mode to check if the issue has been resolved.
Fix 6: Check for Software Update
If Picture in Picture (PIP) Mode is still not working on your device, you should try updating your Android to the latest version. It may seem that the version you are using on your Android might have a problem that causes it to malfunction. To check for software updates on your Android device, follow these steps:
- Head over to the Settings app on your device.
- Choose System > System Update.
- Your device will automatically check for available updates.
- If an update is available on the screen, download it by following the on screen instructions.
- Once downloaded, tap the Install option and your device will start updating.
- Once the device is turned on, try checking whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Fix 7: Reinstall the App
The final thing we can recommend is to reinstall the problematic application on your device. By following this step, you can determine whether the app is installed correctly or there are no missing resources on your Android phone or tablet. With reinstallation, you may fix the Picture in Picture Mode not working issue. Here’s how to uninstall and reinstall the app on your device:
- Open the App drawer by swiping from the bottom to top of screen and locate the application you want to delete.
- Now, press and hold down the app icon until the delete option will appear on screen.
- Now, tap on Uninstall to delete the app on your Android device.
- Again launch Google Play Store on your device and download the latest version of the app that you have deleted before.
- Once downloaded, relaunch the app and try to check if the issue has been resolved.
Those were the ways to fix PIP mode not working issues on your Android smartphone. In case the issue still persists, you may try resetting your phone or waiting for a new update that will fix the issue. We hope that this article has helped you eliminate this issue and get back to multitasking. If you have any further questions, leave them down in the comments.