Do you want to send or receive some images directly via SMS to someone who does not own a smartphone using your Google Pixel 8 or 8 Pro? It is called MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) and has been around for years. Multimedia files such as images, video clips, animated gifs can be sent via this service.
Is there a problem sending picture messages on the Google Pixel 8 and 8 Pro? If you can’t send or receive MMS pictures on your Pixel 8 or 8 Pro, here are some steps you can take to fix the issue. You should check your tariffs before going through the list because sending MMS costs more than SMS. Now, let’s get started with the guide.
- How To Fix Pixel 8 and 8 Pro Can’t Send or Recieve MMS Pictures
- Fix 1: Reboot Your Pixel Phone
- Fix 2: Clear the Message App Cache
- Fix 3: Update Carrier Services
- Fix 4: Run Your Pixel Phone in Safe Mode
- Fix 5: Reset your Pixel’s network settings
- Fix 6: Update Your Message App
- Fix 7: Verify Correct APN Settings
- Fix 8: Contact Your Internet Service Provider
- Fix 9: Factory Reset Your Pixel Device
How To Fix Pixel 8 and 8 Pro Can’t Send or Recieve MMS Pictures
If your Pixel 8 or 8 Pro won’t send or receive MMS pictures, you can follow several methods to fix the issue. If the problem persists, you might want to replace the SIM card on your Pixel phone or trying another SIM card from another service provider. It’s also important to check for validity and recharge if it’s expired. So let’s move on.
Fix 1: Reboot Your Pixel Phone
Your Pixel 8 and 8 Pro smartphones can be rebooted or restarted in the first and easiest step. It is sometimes possible to fix the issue by rebooting the device because it is mainly caused by software glitches. You can reboot your Pixel 8 and 8 Pro device by following these steps:
- Hold the power key for a few seconds until the Reboot/Restart screen appears on the pixel 8 and 8 pro phone screen.
- Click on Restart/Reboot.
- You can now turn off and on your Pixel device automatically.
- To check if the issue has been resolved, reboot your device and try sending pictures from another smartphone.
Fix 2: Clear the Message App Cache
It is necessary to clear the cache data when you are experiencing some technical difficulties with your messaging app. If you are having problems sending or receiving MMS pictures on the Pixel device, clearing the cache might be the solution. Follow these steps to clear the cache:
- On your Pixel 8 or 8 Pro, open the Settings app.
- Go to the Apps section.
- Select Message from the Apps section.
- Tap on Storage & Cache.
- Lastly, tap on Clear cache and confirm.
Fix 3: Update Carrier Services
You can manage your cell network and your phone’s communications through the Carrier Services app. It is possible to have MMS capabilities disrupted by outdated versions. It’s easy to update – just open the Play Store, search for Carrier Services, and install. After that, reboot your device.
Fix 4: Run Your Pixel Phone in Safe Mode
If you don’t have a safe mode on your device, you can try restarting it. Your Pixel device runs in safe mode, which isolates it from third-party apps. It is generally better to put your Pixel device in safe mode in order to find out what’s wrong with it, since it will restore the device to its default state. In safe mode, you can restart your device by following these steps:
- Hold the Power and Volume up buttons together until the Power off icon appears on the screen, then release the buttons.
- Afterward, until the “Reboot to safe mode” message appears, touch and hold the Restart button.
- Once you confirm the option by pressing OK, your Pixel 8 and 8 pro device will restart in safe mode.
- To check if the issue has been resolved, use another smartphone to send pictures after rebooting in safe mode.
Fix 5: Reset your Pixel’s network settings
It could be that the network is not delivering the text to your smartphone so you can’t send or receive MMS pictures on your Pixel device. If your Pixel 8 or 8 Pro device is having issues receiving MMS pictures, try resetting the network settings. Here’s how to reset your network settings:
- On your Pixel device, open the Settings app.
- Select System Advanced > Reset.
- Lastly, tap Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile, and Bluetooth.
Fix 6: Update Your Message App
In addition to updating your message app, you can also fix the problem of MMS pictures that can’t be sent or received on Pixel devices. You might be able to resolve the issue by updating the messaging app, if it’s an outdated version. Follow these steps to update the message application:
- At the top of the screen, tap the profile icon in Google Play Store.
- Select “Manage apps and devices“.
- On the “Updates available” page, select Message App from the list of updated applications.
- Tap on Update if an update is available.
- If the issue has been resolved, send MMS pictures after the update has been completed.
Fix 7: Verify Correct APN Settings
It is also possible to fix the issue by verifying that the APN settings are correct. In some cases, APN settings may cause MMS pictures not to be received or sent on your Pixel device after you have already enabled mobile cellular data.
It is necessary for your Pixel to have an Access Point Name (APN) in order to be able to connect with your provider’s cellular data network. However, it may be impossible for the Pixel device to connect to the network if any single character is missing or incorrectly entered. On your Pixel device, make sure the APN is set correctly.
Fix 8: Contact Your Internet Service Provider
If you are experiencing this problem, remove your SIM card from your Pixel device and reinstall it on your smartphone. Check whether the issue has been resolved by sending MMS pictures on your Pixel device. You should contact your internet service provider if you still have problems receiving MMS pictures after re-inserting your SIM card.
Fix 9: Factory Reset Your Pixel Device
Last but not least, you can factory reset your Pixel 8 and 8 Pro. You may need to perform a factory reset if the issue does not resolve after trying the above methods. With a factory reset, all data and media on your Pixel device will be erased and the settings will be reset to their original settings. It is advisable to back up all data and important files before resetting the factory settings. Follow these steps to factory reset your Pixel device:
- On your Pixel device, open the Settings app.
- To reset the system, tap on the system and scroll down.
- Select Erase all data (Factory Reset).
- If prompted, enter your PIN/Pattern/Password.
- Lastly, confirm Erase all data.
So, that’s all we have for you on how to fix Pixel 8 and 8 Pro Can’t Send or Receive MMS Pictures. It’s our hope that this guide has helped you. Let us know if you need more information by commenting below.