Remnant: From the Ashes has received very positive reviews from critics and players as one of the best-in-class action role-playing third-person shooter video games. However, it’s throwing multiple errors, crashes, bugs to the PC players whatsoever. Just like other games, if you’re also facing Remnant: From the Ashes Crashing Issues, follow this troubleshooting guide.
As we’ve already mentioned that most PC games seem to have several issues like lagging, crashing, stuttering, etc, there are a couple of possible workarounds as well that you can try below. Now, talking about the possible reasons behind the crashing issue on your PC, an outdated graphics driver, an outdated game version, an outdated Windows OS build can cause troubles.
- How to Fix Remnant: From the Ashes Crashing Issues?
How to Fix Remnant: From the Ashes Crashing Issues?
Whereas lower RAM space, conflicting with third-party programs, improper in-game settings, issues with the antivirus program, missing or corrupted game files, incompatible hardware configuration, etc can trigger crashing issues. Now, without getting further ado, let’s jump into the methods below.
1. Check System Requirements
First of all, you should check whether your PC configuration is meeting the system requirements of the Remnant: From the Ashes game. Sometimes it can possible that your hardware either becomes outdated or compatible enough in order to run the game.
- OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 64 bit
- Processor: Intel Core i3-7350K (4.20 GHz) or better
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 470
- DirectX: Version 11
- OS: Windows 7 / 8 / 10 64 bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4590 (3.70 GHz) or better
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
- DirectX: Version 11
2. Restart Your Computer
It can also possible that continuously running your computer for a long time may cause several performance-related issues like overheating, consuming higher system resources, conflicting with third-party programs, etc. So, we’ll highly recommend restarting your computer in order to refresh the system and its cache data.
3. Update Your Graphics Drivers
Make sure to try updating your graphics driver on your computer in order to fix the startup crashing issue with your video games. If in case, your Remnant: From the Ashes game randomly crashes then you should check whether your graphics driver is outdated or not. An outdated graphics driver can cause several issues. To do so:
- Right-click on the Start Menu to open up the Quick Start Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list.
- Now, double-click on the Display adapters category to expand the list.
- Then right-click on the dedicated graphics card name.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download and install the latest version.
- Once done, make sure to reboot your computer to change effects.
4. Run Your Game As An Administrator
Well, without running your programs as administrator access on your Windows computer may trigger several issues like startup crashes, games not running, etc. To do this:
- Right-click on the Remnant: From the Ashes exe (executable) shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Enable the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
- Once done, you can try running your game to check whether the problem has been fixed or not.
Additionally, you should run your Steam client as an administrator along with the game because even if you don’t give the admin access to your client, it’ll eventually crash the game.
5. Run Your Game in Compatibility Mode
Sometimes your system may not compatible with your game for some reason. If you’re also feeling the same, make sure to allow the game to run in compatibility mode. To do so:
- Right-click on the Remnant game shortcut file from the desktop.
- Select Properties from the list > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Enable the Run this program in compatibility mode for checkbox.
- Now, click on the respective compatible Windows OS version from the drop-down list. [We’ll recommend you to select Windows 7/8]
- Select Apply and then click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, you should re-launch the game to check whether the Remnant: From the Ashes Crashing issue has been resolved or not.
6. Disable Voice Chat
According to some reports, by disabling the in-game voice chat option, some players have fixed the crashing issue. To do this:
- Press Windows + E keys to open File Explorer.
- Now, paste the following path on the address bar and hit Enter to open it:
- Then right-click on the Engine.ini file > Select Open With.
- Click on Notepad > Next, copy and paste the following text at the bottom of the file:
[Voice] bEnabled=Fals [OnlineSubsystem] bHasVoiceEnabled=False
- Once done, make sure to press Ctrl + S keys to save changes.
- Close the window and try launching the game again.
7. Disable Antivirus Program
If you’re facing issues with the Remnant: From the Ashes game like crashes or lags then make sure to try disabling your antivirus program on your computer. the antivirus program can basically prevent game files from running properly. To do that:
- Press Windows + I keys to open the Windows Settings menu.
- Click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage settings.
- Next, you’ll need to simply turn off the Real-time protection toggle.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
8. Update Your Game
The chances are also high enough that your Remnant: From the Ashes game become outdated for a while and that’s why you’re facing crashing issues quite often. Meanwhile, game developers also release patch fixes on an interval basis that resolves bugs, errors, etc.
Therefore, just open the Steam client > Click on Library > Click on the Remnant: From the Ashes game from the left pane > If there is an update available, you’ll see it. Simply click on Update and wait for it to complete. Once done, you can click on the Play button to run it.
9. Verify Integrity of Game Files
If in case, you’re still encountering crashing issues with your game then make sure to verify the integrity of the game files. By repairing the game files, you’ll ensure that there are no missing or corrupted game files available.
- Launch the Steam client > Go to Steam Library
- Right-click on Remnant: From the Ashes > Click on Properties
- Click on the Local Files tab
- Select Verify Integrity of Game Files
- Wait for the process to complete and then restart your game
10. Reinstall The Game
If none of the methods worked for you, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game properly. It’ll basically clear out any kind of possible glitches or corrupted game files. To do that:
- Open the Steam client on your PC.
- Next, click on LIBRARY > Right-click on Remnant: From the Ashes from the left pane.
- Select Manage > Click on Uninstall.
- Wait for the process to complete > Once done, restart Steam and reinstall the game again.
- Finally, you can try running your Remnant: From the Ashes game to check whether the crashing issue has been resolved or not.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide helpful. For further queries, you can comment below.