In this tutorial, we will show you how to remove saved passwords on the Firefox browser. There are quite a few reasons as to why one would need to do the aforementioned task. For example, if you are making a switch from Firefox to any other Chromium or non-Chromium alternative or lending your laptop to someone, then it might be a good practice to delete the saved credentials.
The browser comes with its own Password Manager that saves all your passwords so that the next time you log in to any site, Firefox will streamline the entire process (automatically fill in the required fields). You could instruct this tool to remember, view, edit, protect, and remove your passwords. And in this guide, our focus will be on the latter. Today, we will show you how to how to remove saved passwords on the Firefox browser. There are two approaches to achieve the same. Choose the one that suits your requirements.
How to Remove Saved Passwords on Firefox
The first route involves making use of the Saved Login option baked inside the browser. This is the easier of the two methods and is quite easy to execute. The next method is via the Windows Explorer which requires a couple of extra efforts but does its job as well. Both of these methods are discussed hereby.
Removing Saved Password via Login Screen
- Launch the Firefox browser on your PC.
- Click on the hamburger menu situated at the top right.
- From the menu that appears, select Logins and Passwords.
- It will now list out all the saved accounts, alongside the username and password.
- Select the desired account from the left menu bar of which you need to delete the saved data.
- Then from the right-hand side of your screen, click on Remove.
- In the confirmation dialog box that appears, click on the red Remove button.
That’s it. These were the steps to remove saved passwords on Firefox using the Login menu. Let’s now turn our attention towards the Firefox browser.
Via File Explorer
Do keep in mind that this method doesn’t give you the option to delete an individual saved password. Rather, it will remove all the saved passwords from the Firefox browser. So proceed ahead with the steps keeping this point in mind.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser on your PC.
- Then click on the hamburger menu. This should be present in the top-right corner of the browser.
- Then click on Help followed by Troubleshoot information.
- Scroll to the Profile folder section and click on Open Folder.
- You will now be taken to the Firefox directory via the File Explorer. This directory holds all the important data related to your profile.
- Search for the logins.json file and delete it right away. That’s it.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to remove saved passwords on the Firefox browser. We have shared two different methods for the same, refer to the one that suits your need. If you still have any queries, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.