Snapchat is a widely popular social media platform that allows users to share photos and videos with their friends and others. One of its oldest features that encourages user interaction is the Snapchat Streaks (Snapstreaks) feature. Snapchat offers several filters, features, and emojis that users can use to make their conversations more interesting. However, maintaining a Snapstreak is one of the most convenient features that allow users to keep their streaks alive by exchanging snaps (photos and videos) within 24 hours. It can be frustrating to lose a streak, especially if you have built it up with your friends or others.
In today’s world, where social media is an essential part of our lives, many people use Snapchat, and maintaining a streak is crucial, especially with friends. If you have lost a streak on Snapchat and want to recover it, don’t worry. Today, we will guide you through the steps to restore a Snapchat streak and keep the flame alive. So, without further ado, let’s get started.
- What is Snapchat Streak?
- How to Restore a Snapchat Streak Back
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
What is Snapchat Streak?
A Snapchat streak is usually created when you and your friends send snaps (photos & videos) to each other daily without breaking it. However, you will see a fire emoji next to a streak count number on Snapchat when you both exchange snaps at least once per 24 hours for 3 consecutive days. By doing this, you can maintain the streaks on Snapchat without breaking it.
Keep in mind that texts, snaps sent from Snapchat Spectacles or Memories will not count towards Snapchat Streaks. Snapchat lets you maintain Streaks with the users and friends by sharing images and videos clicked within the Snapchat app. However, those images/videos can be considered as Snapchat Streaks.
In case you haven’t sent the snaps to your friends and other users within 24 hours on Snapchat, you may lose the streaks. It will not show the count that you made the streak before. Worry not, you can restore the streaks you have maintained before with your friends. Let’s have a look into it.
How to Restore a Snapchat Streak Back
If you have lost the Snapchat streaks with your friends and individuals, you can easily restore it by following simple steps. Here, we have listed two best methods to recover streaks on Snapchat.
1. Using Snapchat Restore Option
You can easily restore the streaks that you have lost before by not sending snaps to your friends within 24 hours. If you recently lost a Snapstreak, you may easily restore it with one free Snapstreak Restore option in the app, or with an in-app purchase on the Chat feed.
To restore streak on the Snapchat using by Restore option, follow these steps:
- Open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Navigate to the chat feed you’ve lost the Streaks in the Snapchat app.
- If a Streak has recently ended, you will see a Restore button next to your friend’s name on your chat feed.
- Tap the Restore button (red color file icon) next to your friend’s name.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the restoring process.
If the Streak hasn’t ended recently, you will have to pay to restore the Streaks on your Snapchat. However, if the snapstreaks has recently ended, you don’t need to pay, just click the Restore button to get back Streaks on Snapchat.
Note: Not all streaks are eligible to be restored on Snapchat. In case you don’t see the options to restore your Streak in the chat feed, then probably too much time may have passed since the Streak expired.
2. Using Snapstreak Restoration Request
Snapchat allows you to restore the Streaks that you have lost on the Snapchat on the Chat feeds. If too much time has passed since the Streak expired, you can restore the it using Snapstreak restoration request.
If you have lost the Snapchat Streaks due to a circumstance or the Snapchat server being down, you can easily restore it with the help of the Snapchat support. The team will provide a convenient option to restore the lost Streaks on the support page.
Here’s how to restore your lost Snapchat Streaks using restoration request:
- Open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Tap on your Bitmoji (or Profile icon) at the top left-corner.
- Then tap the Settings icon at the top right corner.
4. Scroll down until you find the “Support” section and tap “I Need Help.” (You’ll be directed to Snapchat’s support page.)
5. Under the Snapchat support page, tap “I Lost My Snapstreak” option to view Snapstreaks support topics.
6. Look for the question “I lost my Snapstreak. How do I restore it?”
7. Here, you will see the process to restore the Streaks on Snapchat. (This method is the same that we’ve listed above.)
8. You can follow the on-screen steps to restore Streaks back on Snapchat.
9. Scroll down and tap the filling out this form hyperlink on the same page. (You’ll be directed to the Snapstreak Restoration Request.)
10. You will now see a form urging you to fill with correct details such as username, email, mobile number, your device, friend’s username, and much more. Ensure to fill the form with correct credentials and then tap the “Submit” button at the bottom.
Note: You can just restore one friend’s streak while entering the details in the form. If you lost Snapstreak with multiple users, you have to submit the requests separately to the Snapchat support team.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Are Snapchat Streaks limited to 24 hours?
Yes, Snapchat Streaks are limited to 24 hours. If you do not send a snap within 24 hours, you may lose the Streak that you’ve maintained with your friends and the Streak will be reset to zero.
Q. Do I have to send Snaps daily to maintain Streaks?
Yes, you have to send snaps daily to your friends or individuals to maintain Streaks on Snapchat. If you do not send, you may lose the Streaks you’ve maintained with the users. To maintain Snapstreaks with your friends and other users, you must share the Snaps.
Q. How to change your Snapchat streak emoji?
After gaining the Streaks for continuously three days, you will see a fire emoji next to your friend’s username. However, you can change it to another emoji accordingly. Snapchat allows the users to change their Snapstreak emoji on Snapchat with a different one. You can change it by going to your Snapchat Profile. Tap the Settings icon at the top-right corner and then select Customize Emojis > Snapstreak. Here, you can select your new emoji by tapping on it.
Q. How long does it take to restore a Snapstreak?
Generally speaking, once you submit the request to restore a Snapstreak back on Snapchat, the Snapchat team takes around 24 hours to reply and inform you regarding the Streaks whether you will get back or not. By filling the correct details in the form, you can get back to restore the Streaks on Snapchat again.
Snapchat is the most popular social media platform that is widely used especially for making fun videos through filters and other features. However, several users also used this platform to send snaps to their friends and individuals to maintain Streaks. But it could be perplexing when you have lost the Snapstreaks with your friends on Snapchat.
However, you can easily restore the lost Snapstreaks on Snapchat by following the steps we have mentioned in this article. We hope that this guide is helpful to you. If you have any other queries or doubts related to this, please feel free to let us know in the comments section. We will try to reply as soon as possible. Also, share this guide with your friends especially those who have lost the Streaks and want to recover it.