Last year, Samsung has released a bunch of budget segment devices and Samsung Galaxy A20 (Samsung SM-A205U) is one of them. To recall, the SM-A205U is the USA specific variant and packs very good hardware specifications apart from the One UI skin that runs on Android 9 Pie out of the box. As the title suggests, here we’ll be sharing the easy steps to install the Samsung SM-A205U Stock Firmware (ROM Flash File).
As an open-source platform, Android devices do come with plenty of customization options which can also lead to bricking or stuck in the bootloop issue due to unsupported file flashing or even improper flashing steps. Needless to say that most Android users want to heavily customize their devices via flashing third-party firmware files or rooting.
In some cases, the device performance may become slow, starts lagging, networking issues, etc. So, installing the stock firmware on your device will bring back a stable life like before.
Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy A20 Specs
The Galaxy A20 has a 6.4-inches Super AMOLED 720×1560 pixels resolution display that packs a 19.5:9 aspect ratio screen, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 support. It runs on Android 9.0 Pie (One UI) and powered by an octa-core Samsung Exynos 7884 SoC coupled with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage variant. It has a dedicated MicroSD card slot for storage expansion.
The device packs a dual 13MP+5MP rear camera setup that includes HDR, an LED flash, Panorama, AutoFocus, etc. On the front side, it packs an 8MP selfie shooter, a 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, NFC, FM Radio, USB Type-C port, USB OTG, etc.
While the handset sports a 4,000mAh battery with 15W fast charging, a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, an ambient light sensor, an accelerometer, gyroscope, proximity, and compass sensor.
Steps to Install Samsung SM-A205U Stock Firmware (ROM Flash File)
Now, if you’re ready to flash the stock firmware manually on your Samsung Galaxy A20 device then you need to download the ODIN flash tool, firmware file, and necessary drivers. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it.
- This ROM is supported for the Samsung Galaxy A20 (SM-A205U) USA variant only.
- Make sure that your device should be charged at least 50% or higher.
- You will require a PC or Laptop with a USB Data Cable.
- We always recommend our readers to take a full data backup of the device for safety purposes.
- Install Samsung USB Drivers and Samsung Kies software on your PC
- Download ODIN Flash Tool on your PC
|Flash File Name: A205USQU7BTJ3
File Size: 3.3 GB
|Flash File Name: A205USQS8BTL2
File Size: 3.3 GB
Firmware Installation Guide:
Check out the firmware flashing guide below for the Samsung Galaxy devices. If you’ve any issues with the steps then you can also check out our video tutorial guide for ease.
- Download the Samsung SM-A505GN firmware flash file
- Extract the contents of the firmware flash file zip.
- Launch the ODIN application
- Load the firmware files in their appropriate section
- Once you have loaded, now connect your phone to the computer (make sure to boot your device into download mode)
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full depth video guide as well.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. Feel free to ask in the comment below for additional queries.