The much-awaited action RPG Scarlet Nexus is now official that has been developed by Bandai Namco. The game offers extra-planetary problems to Yuito and Kasane to fight with enemies and unlocks all mysteries of a Brain Punk future between technology and psychic abilities. Although the title has been appreciated by players and has positive reviews, plenty of players are experiencing Scarlet Nexus Crashing on Windows PC.
In terms of the hack-n-slash type of role-playing game, Bandai Namco has done a great job with the characters, animations, graphics, story play, etc. It’s needless to say that each and every PC version game do come with multiple bugs and errors & so the Scarlet Nexus. Apart from startup crashing, unfortunate players are also facing black screen issues, application load errors, no sound bugs, failed to load system data, and more.
- Why Scarlet Nexus Keeps Crashing on PC?
- Fix: Scarlet Nexus Crashing on Windows PC
- 1. Check System Requirements
- 2. Run the game as an Administrator
- 3. Update Windows OS Build
- 4. Update GPU Drivers
- 5. Close Background Tasks
- 6. Verify Integrity of Game Files
- 7. Adjust Graphics Settings
- 8. Install the latest Visual C++ Redistributables
- 9. Disable Steam and Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay
- 10. Use Windowed Mode
- 11. Disable Antivirus Program Temporarily
- 12. Disable Overclocking
- 13. Reinstall Scarlet Nexus
Why Scarlet Nexus Keeps Crashing on PC?
There are multiple reasons behind the startup crashing issue of PC games that we’ve mentioned below and their possible fixes too. But keep in mind that one of the most common mistakes PC users do is that they don’t check the game’s system requirements properly before purchasing or playing.
Fix: Scarlet Nexus Crashing on Windows PC
As we’ve all the possible reasons, make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide.
1. Check System Requirements
Now, first of all, check out whether your PC configuration is compatible with the system requirements of the Scarlet Nexus game or not.
Minimum System Requirements
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 | AMD FX-8350
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 760, 2 GB | AMD Radeon HD 7970, 3 GB
- DirectX: Version 11
Recommended System Requirements
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i7-6600 | AMD Ryzen 5 2600X
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970, 4 GB | AMD Radeon R9 290X, 4 GB
- DirectX: Version 11
2. Run the game as an Administrator
If your game is running without the admin privilege on the Windows computer then the chances are high that you’re doing mistakes while launching the game. Just make sure to launch the game as an administrator to allow the system to run it properly.
- Right-click on the Scarlet Nexus exe shortcut file on your PC.
- Now, select Properties > Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Enable the Run this program as an administrator checkbox.
- Click on Apply and select OK to save changes.
- Once done, you can try running Scarlet Nexus to check whether it’s crashing on the PC or not.
3. Update Windows OS Build
An outdated Windows OS build can also cause several performance issues on your computer and crashing the game during startup or at the loading screen is one of them. You should try checking for the Windows OS update and install all available updates to always up-to-date.
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- It may take a while to complete the update.
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update.
Whereas if you’re running the latest Windows 11 version on your computer, then do the following:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Click on Windows Update from the bottom of the left pane.
- Now, click on Check for updates > If there is an update available, it’ll automatically start downloading and install the update.
- It may take some time to complete the installation process.
- Finally, restart your computer to change effects quickly.
Once done, you can check whether the Scarlet Nexus Crashing issue has been fixed or not.
4. Update GPU Drivers
An outdated graphics card driver on your Windows PC can also cause multiple issues with the gameplay such as lags or crashes. If you’re still facing such issues, make sure to keep your GPU drivers up-to-date by following the steps below.
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Start Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re using.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, it’ll automatically download & install the latest version.
- Once done, restart the system to apply changes immediately.
5. Close Background Tasks
If in case, there are plenty of unnecessary tasks running in the background then make sure to close them individually. Otherwise, all of those tasks will consume a lot of CPU and memory that can obviously affect the system’s performance while gaming.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open up the Task Manager.
- Now, click on the Processes tab > Click to select tasks that are unnecessarily running in the background and consuming enough system resources.
- Click on End Task to close it one by one.
- Once done, restart your system, and check for the startup crashing issue again.
6. Verify Integrity of Game Files
Sometimes your installed game files either become corrupted or missing which will eventually cause startup crashing or game stuck at the loading screen issues on Windows. So, repairing the missing or corrupted game files on your PC using the Steam client is one of the important and easier tasks for sure.
- Open the Steam client on your PC.
- Click on Library > Right-click on Scarlet Nexus from the installed games list.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Here you’ll have to click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, make sure to restart your Steam client and the game.
7. Adjust Graphics Settings
- Just open Nvidia Control Panel > Head over to Manage 3D Settings.
- Go to Program Settings > Select Scarlet Nexus from the list.
- Make sure to enable the ‘Max FPS Limit’ and set the value.
- Whereas if you’re playing at an unlock FPS, then keep in mind to set the FPS limit for the Scarlet Nexus game to 60 FPS.
- If in case, the 60 FPS is your current target and your PC can’t go beyond that then we’ll recommend you to lock the game to 30 FPS at most and hit Apply to save changes.
Although 30 FPS is the minimum cap for playing games at an average graphics and optimal smoothness, you can at least play the game if your computer isn’t powerful enough.
8. Install the latest Visual C++ Redistributables
Make sure to download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables on your Windows computer to keep things flawless in every aspect. You can grab it here.
9. Disable Steam and Nvidia GeForce Experience Overlay
Multiple reports are coming out that both the Steam and Nvidia GeForce Experience overlay tool on your Windows computer can easily cause issues with the Scarlet Nexus crashing. So, if you’re experiencing random game crashes then make sure to disable both the overlay apps temporarily to resolve such an issue.
Disable Steam Overlay
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Now, right-click on Scarlet Nexus > Select Properties.
- From the General section, make sure to uncheck the ‘Enable Steam Overlay’ checkbox.
- Go back to Library and re-open Scarlet Nexus to see if you’re still getting the crashing issue or not.
Disable GeForce Experience Overlay
- Open the Nvidia GeForce Experience app > Click on the Gear icon on the top-right corner.
- From the General section, turn off the In-Game Overlay option.
- Finally, launch Steam, and re-open Scarlet Nexus to see if you’re still getting the startup crashing issue or not.
10. Use Windowed Mode
Running a PC game in the fullscreen mode takes up a lot of processing power and system resources which may eventually affect the system’s performance whatsoever. So, you should try launching Scarlet Nexus in Windowed mode on your computer to fix the issue.
- Open the Steam client and go to Library.
- Now, right-click on Scarlet Nexus from the list of installed games.
- Select Properties > Go to the General section and click on Set Launch Options.
- Next, copy and paste the following command line in the text field:
- Save changes and relaunch the Scarlet Nexus game.
11. Disable Antivirus Program Temporarily
The chances are also high that if you’re using any of the antivirus programs on your Windows computer then you should temporarily disable it to cross-check whether the startup crashing issue is still bothering you or not. It seems that the active security feature on your Windows computer is somehow preventing the game file to run properly.
Alternatively, you can try adding the Scarlet Nexus installed folder to the whitelist of antivirus protection so that the security measures won’t gonna scan or prevent those files anymore.
12. Disable Overclocking
As most PC gamers want to get ultra-high performance from their installed CPU and GPU, they manually overclock the hardware. However, sometimes overclocking can reduce the gaming performance or your game starts crashing unexpectedly due to compatibility issues or bottleneck issues.
Therefore, you can use the MSI Afterburner tool or Zotac firestorm application to reduce the overclocking frequency or disable it to the default.
13. Reinstall Scarlet Nexus
If none of the methods worked for you, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Scarlet nexus game on your PC. In most scenarios, simply deleting and installing back the game can fix corrupted data or cache issues completely.
- Launch the Steam client on your computer.
- Now, go to Library > Right-click on the Scarlet Nexus game.
- Head over to Manage > Select Uninstall.
- If prompted, click on Uninstall again and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once you’re done, make sure to reboot your computer to apply changes.
- Now, run Steam again > Search for Scarlet Nexus game by using the existing Steam account.
- Just download and install it on your computer via the Steam launcher again.
- You’re good to go.
That’s it, guys. We assume you’ve found this guide useful. For further queries, let us know in the comment below.