If you’re looking for a budget-friendly TV, why not consider a Sceptre TV? There aren’t as many Sceptre TVs on the market as there are LG, Sony, and Samsung TVs. Sceptre TVs are manufactured in China by China New Technology Group Co., Ltd. The company produces branded TV sets called Sceptre, Curtis, and Tempro for the US and Canadian markets. But, it is not like the Sceptre TV is free from technical glitches. Yes, recently, many users started reporting that the Sceptre TV is showing a black screen issue. Well, that’s the reason why I’m here. In this troubleshooting guide, I’ll help you with some of the potential fixes that will help you resolve the Sceptre TV black screen issue. So, let’s get started with the guide.
- Fix Sceptre TV Black Screen Issue
- Fix1: Restart Your TV
- Fix 2: Check The HDMI Cable And Connections
- Fix 3: Select the Correct Input Source
- Fix 4: Inspect The Wall Plug
- Fix 5: Inspect The Power Board
- Fix 6: Inspect the Inverter Board With the Flashlight Test
- Fix 7: Power Cycle Your Sceptre TV
- Fix 8: Inspect the Power Cord
- Fix 9: Factory Reset Your Sceptre Smart TV
- Fix 10: Contact Sceptre Customer Care
Fix Sceptre TV Black Screen Issue
There aren’t many fixes available that you can use to resolve the Sceptre TV black screen issue. So, make sure to perform the fixes in the sequence we have mentioned further in this article. Therefore, let’s get started with them:
Fix1: Restart Your TV
You do not need to get out the manual for most TV problems, as they can be resolved by simply restarting the device. It is a simple as turning off your TV and unplugging it for 10 seconds. It needs to be plugged back in and turned on. You should also restart the TV remote when restarting your TV.
To restart your TV remote, you must remove the batteries from your TV remote control and remove the back cover. You should wait for 10 seconds before putting the batteries back in. Make sure the coder is closed. If there wasn’t anything really wrong with your TV, it should work again.
Fix 2: Check The HDMI Cable And Connections
You should ensure that there are no HDMI cables hanging or disconnected. Sceptre TVs may have them either on their back or sides, depending on their make and model. There may be a loose HDMI cable on the TV or connected devices, causing the screen to be black. If your HDMI connection is not working, follow these steps:
- Make sure the HDMI cable connections on the back of your TV and any other devices attached are properly attached.
- Connect the HDMI cables to the TV and connected devices and reconnect them.
- Verify that the black screen has been fixed.
Despite checking the connection, your TV’s screen may remain black if the HDMI cable is the culprit. You should replace your HDMI cable with a new one. You may need to check your TV’s input source if the problem persists even after you replace the HDMI cable.
Fix 3: Select the Correct Input Source
Sceptre TV black screens have also been caused by incorrect input sources. Verify that the input signal port is the right one by plugging your device into it and double-checking your selection. To help you, here are some guidelines:
- You will need to connect your device (such as a Playstation) to HDMI port 1.
- On the remote, press the input/source button to select HDMI 1.
- You can try connecting the Playstation to HDMI port 2 and switching the TV’s source to HDMI 2 if the TV screen is still black.
When you switch to pot 2, the issue is resolved, indicating a problem with HDMI port 1. It is best to have a professional fix it.
Fix 4: Inspect The Wall Plug
You might have a faulty electrical socket or a faulty power cable causing the black screen. After checking the cord on your Sceptre television, try plugging it into another outlet if the black screen persists.
Even if your TV doesn’t work after that, at least you will have peace of mind that the power socket is not causing any problems. Is a surge protector a better option?
Surge protectors can also be at fault here if they malfunction. You can remove the converter and plug your TV into the socket directly if you are using one.
Fix 5: Inspect The Power Board
Ensure that the outlet, power cable, and surge protector are in excellent working condition before moving on to the power board. You will have to replace the power board if it’s messed up. However, the process is not as complicated as it sounds; you can do it easily at home. Nevertheless, I recommend you hire a professional rather than do it yourself.
It is necessary to clean the screws with a cloth, use a Philips-head screwdriver, and keep all the screws in a container. After you have all that, you can proceed with the replacement:
- Make sure your TV is upside down and placed on a clean surface.
- Open the lid by unscrewing the back.
- It is necessary to replace the blown fuses.
- Unscrew and cut the power board’s connecting wire.
- Replace the old one, screw it in place, and discard the old one.
- Make sure the cable of the new power board is connected.
- Reattach the lid and screw it in place.
- Finally, turn on your TV.
Fix 6: Inspect the Inverter Board With the Flashlight Test
It is the inverter board, also known as the television backlight LED panel, which produces the light for your television. You can identify a failed inverter board by using a flashlight.
- You will need a flashlight.
- From a distance of 2 inches, flash it on your TV’s screen.
- When the backlight panel or inverter hues, the inverter board is malfunctioning.
Fix 7: Power Cycle Your Sceptre TV
Whenever you need to troubleshoot modern technological or smart devices, a soft reset is your best bet. You can soft reset your TV by doing the following:
- Unplug your TV and turn it off.
- Afterward, press the power button on the TV for 30 seconds while it is unplugged.
- Allow your TV to sit unplugged for another two minutes after you release the button.
- It needs to be plugged back in and turned on.
It is a good idea to power cycle both your TV and remote while you are at it.
- Initially, hold the power button for 30 seconds after removing the batteries from the remote.
- After 2 minutes, release the button and leave it batteryless.
- After some time, replace the batteries and close the cover.
Fix 8: Inspect the Power Cord
Damage power cables may cause your TV to not work since less power passes through. In that case, you should thoroughly inspect the power cable. Make sure your television’s power cable is properly attached to both its back and its power outlet. To prevent further damage to your TV, you should replace the cable immediately if you see any signs of wear or degradation. Your power outlet should also be thoroughly examined, as well as the power cable.
Fix 9: Factory Reset Your Sceptre Smart TV
It may help to perform a factory reset if you have exhausted all the suggestions I have mentioned and your Sceptre TV still doesn’t work. You can perform the factory reset by following these steps:
- Make sure your TV is turned on.
- A reset button is normally hidden inside a hole in the back of the TV and can only be accessed with a needle or pin.
- Place the needle/pin inside the hole and press the button for 30 seconds. When you press the button, you will hear a click.
- Once you hold the button for a while, your TV will restart with factory settings.
Fix 10: Contact Sceptre Customer Care
If the factory reset fails to resolve the issue, please get in touch with Screptre’s customer service. Sceptre TV models are covered there, so if you have any questions about your specific model, you can find the answers there. Whenever your TV malfunctions, you can call Sceptre for assistance, and they will guide you through the process.
So, that’s all we have for you on how to fix the Sceptre TV black screen issue. We hope that this guide has helped you. For more info, comment below and let us know if you have any doubts.