How To Solve Process com.google.process.gapps Error
So you have been using your Android phone and when you have to get a task done with a certain app you get an error "com.google.process.gapps has unfortunately stopped". This happens whenever you want to open the particular app. If you are in the same situation don't worry as Get Droid Tips brings you the solution. This article will the people who have a problem with How to solve com.google.process.gapps has stopped.
How To Solve Error - com.google.process.gapps has unfortunately Stopped
This problem can be caused due to many reason and some of them can be cached data, app preferences and also no possible sync. This problem is mostly seen in Custom Roms such as cyanogen, lineage, etc. So, today let's get rid of the error come.google.process.gapps has unfortunately stopped.
1. Clear Cache Of Particular App
If this process is caused by an particular app then it would clear that you have to clear cache of that app. By doing this it will not do repeatative steps.
- Go to settings.
- Select Apps from the settings. (This may vary in different Android versions but find Apps).
- Here you will find a list of Apps that are installed. Select the App the App that is giving problem. In my case it is Google Plus.
- After selecting the App then select storage of the App.
- Here you will see two options clear data & clear cache.
- Select clear cache.
This might solve the problem of an app causing com.google.process.gapps has stopped.
If multiple apps are giving this problem then it would be easier if you clear all apps cache. There is no use of clearing cache by visiting every app that is giving problem.
- Go to settings.
- Then select storage & memory or the option may vary in different OS. (Try to find storage or memory).
- Then select a storage where all apps are stored.(My case all apps are storedin Internal Storage).
- Here you will find many files that have acquired your storage. Find cached data.
- The select and clear all cached data.
If this has solved the problem then you are good to go - if no we have an additional process to perform.
Reset App Preferences
The next step would be to reset App Preferences.
- Open settings.
- Select Apps from settings.
- The select menu or three dots on the screen. (Sometimes it may be upper right or left or else bottom).
- Select Reset App Preferences.
- Select OK.
Let us know about our article on - How to solve error comes.google.process.gapps. If the problem is still present then tell us in comment section below.