Insomniac Games and Nixxes Software have just released Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered as a sequel or an improved version of the 2018’s Marvel’s Spider-Man title for the PC and PS5 editions. This action-adventure open-world superhero video game is all about the same Peter Parker character who fights against crimes and iconic villains. Meanwhile, plenty of players face the Spiderman Remastered DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Error when trying to launch the game on a Windows computer. If you’re also one of them, you can follow this guide.
As usual, the particular error is related to the DirectX and graphics driver that may have some issues while launching the game. Sometimes an outdated graphics driver or graphics settings can also be the culprit. It’s expected that most of the issues will soon be fixed by the developers. Meanwhile, you can manually try fixing it.
How to Fix Spiderman Remastered DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Error
Here we’ve provided a couple of possible workarounds that should help you. So, without wasting more time, let’s jump into the guide below.
1. Update Graphics Drivers
The chances are also high that your graphics driver has been outdated for a while or somehow gets corrupted. So, it’s always better to update the GPU driver on your Windows computer to ensure there is no issue with the GPU driver whatsoever.
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Start Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re using.
- Click on Update driver > Select Search automatically for drivers.
- If an update is available, it’ll automatically download & install the latest version.
- Once done, manually reboot the system to change effects immediately.
2. Reinstall DirectX
It’s worth mentioning to try reinstalling the DirectX version on your computer to fix the issue. Head to the Microsoft website and download the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer file. Then install it on your system as usual.
3. Repair .NET Framework
To fix the issue, you should download and install the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool on your Windows computer. It’s a framework developed by Microsoft that runs primarily on Microsoft Windows. It includes a large class library called the ‘Framework Class Library’ and provides language interoperability across several programming languages.
4. Clean Install Graphics Drivers
Sometimes installing graphics drivers freshly can easily resolve multiple issues with the graphics driver whatsoever. In this method, we’ll prefer the third-party tool called ‘Display Driver Uninstaller’ or DDU to eliminate display driver files on your computer. This method can be done in Safe Mode to complete properly because the system won’t run any other third-party services or apps in Safe Mode. So, nothing will interfere during the process.
- First, head over to the Display Driver Uninstaller webpage and download, then install the utility tool on the PC.
- Once you’ve downloaded the utility tool, head over to the official website of your respective graphics card manufacturer.
- Next, download the latest graphics driver version> Press the Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Then go to System from the left pane > Click on Recovery.
- Click on Restart now next to the Advanced startup option > Wait for your computer to restart.
- You’ll see the Windows Recovery Environment screen > Choose the Troubleshoot option.
- Go to Advanced options > Go to Startup Settings.
- Then click on the Restart button > Once your computer restarts again, press the 4 key on your keyboard to enable Safe Mode.
- Next, your computer should start in Safe Mode.
- Launch the Display Driver Uninstaller utility tool that you downloaded and installed earlier.
- You will be asked to extract it to a location. Do accordingly and head over to it.
- Once you’ve done this, open up the Display Driver Uninstaller program.
- Then select the device type drop-down menu and choose GPU.
- Finally, click on the Clean and Restart option provided at the top.
- While the process is going on, make sure that you unplug any ethernet cable from your PC. [There shouldn’t be any internet connection at this time]
- Once your computer restarts, you’ll need to install the display (graphics) driver on the PC that you downloaded earlier.
- Once all is done, you can plug in the ethernet cable again and connect to the internet.
- Finally, you should try launching the game to see if the problem persists or not.
5. Disable GPU Overclocking
It seems that your graphics card is overclocked, so during launching the Spiderman Remastered game, the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG Error appears to you. In some cases, it’s worth mentioning that disabling the GPU overclocking feature manually via some reliable tools (MSI Afterburner or RivaTuner) can do the job easily.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.