The Spotify app may not work on your iPhone 11 model or any other iPhone due to some issues which can be either system-related or the Spotify app itself or anything else. So, it’s one of the common problems that iPhone users face quite often. Sometimes, users updated their iPhones to the latest iOS version and suddenly the problem started appearing. So, it’s better to check for the troubleshooting guide below that we’ve shared with you.
Some of the iPhone users also reported in the last couple of months that either the app is crashing or force closing or even they can’t log in to their premium Spotify account using the official app. Now, you may think that this issue only happens with iOS users. But that’s not the case. Even Android device users are also facing similar kinds of issues quite often. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the possible solutions below.
Also Read: Latest iOS 15 update causes Spotify Background Playback issues
Steps to Fix Spotify app not working on iPhone 11 issue
When it comes to the Spotify app issue on the iPhone, there are some of the common or possible reasons should be reviewed at first. Such as the app closing or error or crashing issue can happen due to network connectivity issues, pending app updates, software glitch, improper app settings, storage shortage, etc.
You need to check all of these things first before proceeding to the steps below.
1. Force Close Spotify App and Restart
- From the device home screen, swipe up from the bottom and hold to open the app previews.
- Next, swipe right or left to navigate to the app preview cards.
- Swipe up the Spotify app card to close it forcefully.
- Then restart your iPhone.
In order to restart your iPhone:
- Press and hold the Side/Power button + Volume Up button for a few seconds.
- Slide to Power Off option will appear.
- Swipe the slider from left to right side switch off your device.
- Then long-press the Power/Side button for a couple of seconds.
- The Apple logo will appear and then release the button.
- Your device will restart automatically.
2. Update Spotify App
- From the home screen of the iPhone, go to the App Store.
- Tap on the Profile icon on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Then tap on the Updates tab > Next, tap on the Update button next to Spotify app.
- Meanwhile, you can install other pending app updates as well, if you want.
- Now, restart your iPhone and check whether the Spotify app is working fine or not.
Additionally, you can delete or uninstall the Spotify app on your iPhone and then reinstall it again. Some times, this process can also clear the app glitch or cache-related issues completely.
- Tap on the device Settings > Select General.
- Tap on Storage > Head over to the Spotify app from the list.
- Here you can Delete the app easily.
Otherwise, you can do an easy step to delete the app.
- Tap and hold on the Spotify app icon on the home screen.
- The Spotify app icon will start jiggling with the cross (x) icon.
- Just tap on the cross (x) icon > confirm the action by confirming.
3. Reset Network Settings to fix Spotify app not working on iPhone 11
- From the home screen, go to the Settings menu -> Tap on General -> Tap on Reset.
- Tap on Reset Network Settings.
- If prompted, enter the passcode and proceed.
- Finally, restart your iPhone.
4. Reset All Settings
- Head over to the iPhone Settings.
- Tap on General > Select Reset.
- Choose Reset all settings.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode.
- Tap on the Reset all settings again to confirm.
- Reboot your handset.
Finally, you should check out the Spotify app again whether it’s working properly or not. We hope this guide was useful to you. You can comment below for any queries.
Receiptify not working, How to Fix?
How to Check Your Playlist Like Counts in Spotify on iPhone, Android, Windows and Mac
Fix: Spotify Not Showing on Lock Screen on Your Android Phone and iPhone
Fix: Spotify Crashing, Keeps Pausing or Not Working after Android 12/ 13 update
Fix: Spotify No Internet Connection Available Error
Fix: Spotify Genre Filters Not Working
Spotify JWT Expired Message: What Does it Mean and How to Fix?
Investigation underway for missing Spotify ‘DJ Button’ on iOS Now Playing View