Steam Family View is useful for parents and families who want to restrict their kids from accessing the Steam library easily. As a result, if someone enables the Family View feature on the Steam client, it requires a security pin to unlock access to the installed games or apps. After entering the correct pin, you & your kid will get into the Steam Store, Library, Community, Friends content, and other features. But it seems that the Steam Family View Pin is Not Working properly.
The specific Family View feature allows you to limit access to the Steam account and library, no matter whether your family members or friends are trying to get into it. Just set a four-digit PIN to enable or disable the Family View mode, which will secure your account info, account settings, and content from any other person or even your kids. It’ll mostly help users with kids under 18 years of age or other family members & friends.
However, several reports claim that the Family View PIN isn’t working properly for some Steam users or that they have forgotten the correct PIN. In that case, it can be very frustrating because Steam sarcastically mocks every time you fail to enter the correct PIN with the phrase ‘Nice try. Please enter the correct PIN’. That means Steam considers you a trespasser into the Family View whenever you input a wrong PIN. So, if you’re also facing the same issue, then don’t worry.
How to Fix Steam Family View Pin Not Working?
Luckily, a couple of potential workarounds mentioned below should come in handy. Ensure to follow this troubleshooting guide to resolve this issue. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Request a Recovery Email
The first thing you can do is request a recovery email if you’re somehow unable to enter the correct Steam Family View PIN or you have forgotten the PIN. By requesting recovery mail, you’ll be able to receive an email that includes a link to disable the Family View mode on your Steam account. You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Open the Steam client > Go to the Settings menu.
- Click on the Family tab > Click on the Manage Family View button.
- Now, enter your PIN > Click on the Submit button.
- If you’ve entered the wrong PIN or forgot it, you may get a message saying ‘Incorrect PIN’.
- Click on the I forgot my PIN link.
- Enter the email address associated with your Steam account.
- Next, check your email inbox > Search for a message from Steam Support.
- Open the email > Click on the link to follow the instructions.
- This will disable the Family View mode and reset your PIN automatically.
2. Check for Steam Client Updates
An outdated Steam client system can sometimes trigger multiple issues with the Family View and PIN authentication. It’s recommended to check for the latest version of the client to avoid potential issues.
- Open the Steam client on your computer.
- Click on Steam in the top left side.
- Select Check for Steam Client Updates.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
3. Reset Family View PIN
If you’ve forgotten your Family View PIN, then reset the PIN to resolve such an issue. This method will allow you to create a new PIN and access the control on Family View settings again.
- Open the Steam client > Log into your Steam account.
- Open the Steam Support Page > Select Family View.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to Reset the Family View PIN.
- Once done, you can enable the Family View option again with a new PIN.
4. Verify Email Settings For Steam Guard
You can also try verifying the email settings for Steam Guard to ensure there is no conflict with the configuration. Remember that your email is authenticated, and you receive Steam messages properly. Steam Guard is an additional layer of security that includes resetting your Family View PIN in case the email settings aren’t properly set up.
- Log in to your email account connected to Steam.
- Check your email settings to ensure whether emails from Steam are sent to the spam/junk folder.
- Now, add the following email IDs to your email’s whitelist mode.
- Then try resetting your PIN again to check for the incoming email from Steam.
5. Disable and Re-Enable Family View
In some cases, disabling and re-enabling the Steam Family View feature can resolve the PIN not working issue. It mostly clears out potential temporary glitches. To do so, you can follow the steps below:
- Open the Steam launcher > Log into the Steam account.
- Select the Family View icon.
- Enter the Family View PIN to close Family View.
- Now, open the Steam Settings menu.
- Go to the Family tab > Select Disable Family View to turn it off.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to re-enable Family View.
- Finally, set a new PIN to proceed.
6. Contact Steam Support
If none of the above workarounds did come in handy then make sure to contact Steam Support for additional assistance. You can follow the steps below to do so:
- Open the Steam client > Go to the Help menu.
- Select the Steam Support option > Log in to your Steam account.
- Choose the category and subcategory for the specific issue.
- Now, enter the necessary details > Add a screenshot that may help.
- Click on the Submit button > Wait for a response from Steam Support.
- Finally, follow the on-screen instructions to proceed.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.