It’s time to weed out the SteelSeries Nimbus+. In addition to having good shape, well-made inputs, and long battery life, SteelSeries’ latest Apple gamepad accomplishes a lot. It does, however, come with a faulty phone mount, which doesn’t hold an iPhone securely. It seems that more and more peripherals for mobile phones are not just analogue sticks and buttons but are allowing your phone to become a portable console.
However, although these products are great, several things could be improved on these gamepads. Recently, for some users, the SteelSeries Nimbus and Nimbus Plus need to be fixed for them. That’s the reason why we are here. In this article, we have mentioned the best fixes to help you fix SteelSeries Nimbus and Nimbus Plus not working issues.
How To Fix SteelSeries Nimbus and Nimbus Plus Not Working
If you have a SteelSeries Nimbus and Nimbus Plus, then most probably you may find that, due to some reason, it is not working since the last software update. But, nothing to worry about as we have some fixes to this problem; therefore, let’s look at those fixes:
Fix 1: Update the OS
If the latest controller driver for the PC is not compatible with the latest Windows 11 version, the SteelSeries controller issue could be the result of a bug in Windows 11.
The SteelSeries Nimbus and Nimbus Plus controllers not working issue may be resolved by updating the PC’s Windows build to the latest version. Nevertheless, you should first check if the problem can be resolved by connecting the controller to another port on the PC.
- Open Settings by right-clicking Windows.
- Now, select Windows Update from the left pane, followed by Check for Updates in the right pane.
- Whenever updates are available, download and install them; once a Windows update has been applied, the system should be restarted.
- Thereafter, open Advanced Options and click on Optional Updates under Windows Update in Settings once updates have been applied.
- You will now need to install all Optional Windows Updates and restart your system once they are installed.
- Test the controller after restarting.
Fix 2: Re-Pair/Reconnect the Controller with the System
It is possible that Windows 11 is experiencing a temporary communication glitch that is preventing the Xbox controller from functioning. When the Xbox controller does not work, it may be necessary to reconnect or re-pair it with the system.
- Restart the system after disconnecting the Xbox controller.
- Check if the Nimbus controller is working after restarting the system by pairing back (or reconnecting) the controller.
Fix 3: Update the Firmware of the Controller
If the Xbox controller’s firmware is outdated, Windows 11 may not work with it since it may not be compatible.
If this is the case, you may be able to fix the problem by updating the controller’s firmware. This method may not work for users whose Windows 11 doesn’t even detect the controller.
- The first step is to disconnect the SteelSeries controller from the computer.
- Launch the Xbox Accessories app (if it is already installed; if not, install and launch the app).
- When you connect the Xbox controller through a USB cable to the system, a pop-up appears. Click Update. The controller firmware will not be updated if there is no pop-up.
- After updating the controller’s firmware, check if it functions correctly. It may be necessary for the SteelSeries Nimbus and Nimbus Plus controllers to be paired again.
Fix 4: Reinstall the Xbox Accessories App
As the Xbox Accessories app plays a crucial role in communication between the controller and the system, it might stop working if the Xbox Accessories app installation is corrupt on Windows 11. The Xbox Accessories app may need to be reinstalled here in order to resolve the issue.
- Windows search for and opens Apps & Features.
- You can now uninstall the Xbox Accessories app by clicking on the three vertical dots in front of it.
- Once the process has been completed, confirm to uninstall the Xbox accessories app by following the prompts on the screen.
- The Xbox controller issue should be resolved once you have uninstalled the app and restarted your system.
- Check if reinstalling the Xbox Accessories app fixes the problem if that does not work.
Fix 5: Reinstall the Chipset Drivers of the System
A motherboard driver is a software utility that facilitates communication between the OS and the motherboard (or other subsystems) of the system. SteelSeries Nimbus and Nimbus Plus controllers can be rendered non-functional if any of these drivers are corrupt.
The problem could be fixed by reinstalling the chipset drivers on the system. In order to clarify, we will discuss the process of reinstalling AMD chipset drivers.
- Search for and open Apps & Features.
- Click on the three vertical dots in front of AMD Chipset Software and then click Uninstall.
- Once the chipset drivers have been uninstalled, restart your computer by following the prompts on the screen.
- Upon restarting, check to see if the Nimbus controller is working properly.
- Otherwise, try reinstalling the chipset drivers.
So, that’s how to fix SteelSeries Nimbus and Nimbus Plus not working issues. We hope that this guide has helped you. Meanwhile, in case you need more info, comment below and let us know.