The StoryGraph is a popular app which is mainly for book lovers and those who are interested in reading books. It comes with vast libraries of books, allowing people to read their favorite books. With this app, you can interact with your friends, set reading challenges, and much more. Unfortunately, many readers encounter problems with the StoryGraph app on their mobile device and computer. This can be daunting when you want to read your favorite books. If you’re having the same issue with the app, don’t fret – we’ve got you with effective solutions to fix the issue as soon as possible. Let’s get right to it.
- What Causes Storygraph App Not Working?
- Methods to Fix Storygraph Not Working Issue
- Method 1: Check Internet Connection
- Method 2: Toggle Airplane Mode
- Method 3: Check StoryGraph Server Status
- Method 4: Restart Your Device
- Method 5: Force Stop StoryGraph App
- Method 6: Clear StoryGraph App Cache Data
- Method 7: Update StoryGraph App
- Method 8: Update Phone Software
- Method 9: Reinstall StoryGraph App
- Method 10: Contact Customer Support
What Causes Storygraph App Not Working?
It’s very common to encounter occasional issues and errors on certain applications or services on the device. The StoryGraph is a popular app that allows you to track your reading and choose books based on your taste and favorite topics, but it comes with flaws and several users getting frustrated with not being able to read books they want on the app.
However, this issue appears due to several reasons, but with the genuine solution you may easily fix the problem. Before we look at the effective solutions, let’s dive into the common reasons why the issue appears on your device. Here are some of the causes includes:
- Internet Connection Issue: Generally, when you encounter issues with applications on your device including StoryGraph, then it can be due to poor internet connection that prevents you from reading books.
- Server & Maintenance Issue: It is possible to encounter issues due to maintenance or server issues which occasionally appear to upgrade the app’s performance or to solve general bugs and issues.
- Corrupted App Data & Glitch: You can’t be able to access your favorite books on the app because of the corrupted app data and glitches. This may usually prevent the app from functioning correctly on the device.
- Outdated StoryGraph App: At certain times, running the apps on the older version may cause issues with the app itself, preventing you from accessing your favorite books.
- Software Conflicts: It could be possible that the StoryGraph app is not working on your device due to software conflicts which can be irritating. However, you can’t access the apps due to bugs and glitches. As soon as you have to remove the conflicts by doing a restart of your device.
Methods to Fix Storygraph Not Working Issue
The majority of readers complain about the problem they’re facing with the StoryGraph app on their device on the Reddit platform. The issue can be unfortunate for the users who want to read books. Although, if you’re unable to access the StoryGraph app on your mobile device, then you should follow the below workarounds to fix the problem.
Method 1: Check Internet Connection
The StoryGraph app requires a stable data connection in order to access your favorite books and topics. In case, if you launch the app without connecting the device with the stable internet then you may encounter an error that dedicate “We’re sorry, something went wrong! (Or your device is offline). It is necessary to connect your device with the faster internet connection in order to use it.
Make sure to connect your mobile device to a strong internet data to access the app on your smartphone without any interruptions. In case your mobile data is not faster then try switching the network type mode. This will change the network mode connection such as 4G to 5G or from 5G to 4G mode. In addition, you can switch to Wi-Fi network mode on your device, if the mobile data is not stable.
Method 2: Toggle Airplane Mode
As mentioned above, the mobile data are crucial in order to access StoryGraph app on your mobile device. But sometimes the mobile data isn’t working as expected due to network connectivity issues which stops the device to provide a faster connection. It is suggested you toggle Airplane Mode; this will refresh the network connection by disabling the SIM Card on your device.
Simply head over to the Control Panel or Control Center by swiping down from the top of the screen. Then, locate the Airplane Mode icon (Flight Mode) in the Notification Panel and tap on it to enable. Now, wait for a couple of minutes and tap on the Airplane Mode icon again to disable it back. This will refresh the internet connection and provide the mobile data faster.
Method 3: Check StoryGraph Server Status
There’s a possibility that due to server or maintenance issues, the StoryGraph app is not working on your mobile device. Ensure to check the server outage by visiting their official website which shows the accurate results. In addition, you can visit the social media platforms to find out the app outage.
Although, it there’s an issue with the server or maintenance then the only thing you do is wait until and unless the server outages fixed back. However, if there’s is no server outages or maintenance issues, you should follow the next solution.
Method 4: Restart Your Device
Restarting the device is the another most powerful and simple method to get resolve software issues and glitches on the device. It helps the certain apps or services to fix software conflicts and glitches, causing the app to not perform correctly. If you’re have an issue with the StoryGraph app, then you should restart your mobile device.
This will automatically solve the temporary issues and glitches related to StoryGraph app. It boost the app’s performance that’ll help you get back to access your favorite books. Here’s how to restart your mobile device:
- Press and hold the Power button on your device until the menu appears.
- Tap on the Restart/Reboot option.
- This will automatically shut down the device and it will turn back on.
- Press and hold the Power button (side button) on your iPhone.
- A menu will appear to shut down the device.
- Move the slider “Slide to Power Off” from left to right to shut down the iPhone.
- Then, press and hold the Power button until you see the Apple logo to turn the device back on.
Method 5: Force Stop StoryGraph App
If you’re still unable to use the StoryGraph app after restarting the device, you should try performing a force stop StoryGraph app on your mobile device. This method is only applicable for Android smartphones. Here’s how you can force stop the app:
- Press and hold the StoryGraph app and tap the App Info (!) menu.
- This will open the App Info menu on the screen.
- Tap on the Force Stop option and confirm the action by tapping OK.
- Once you’re done, check if the issue has been resolved.
Method 6: Clear StoryGraph App Cache Data
Accumulated StoryGraph app cache data can cause several issues which may affect the app’s performance and cause the app to not perform well. In such a scenario, you should clear the StoryGraph cache data on your mobile device. Here’s how:
- Press and hold the StoryGraph app and tap the App Info (!) menu.
- This will open the App Info menu on the screen.
- Tap on Storage and cache option.
- Then, tap on Clear Cache followed by Clear Storage.
- Once the cache is cleared, launch the app and check if the issue has been resolved.
Method 7: Update StoryGraph App
There is a possibility that the StoryGraph app is not working on your mobile device due to an older app version, which may affect the app’s performance and cause the app to not function correctly. It is suggested to update the StoryGraph app on your device and check the results. This will improve the app’s performance and fix the unknown bugs and issues.
Here’s how you can update the StoryGraph app on your Android/iPhone:
- Open Google Play Store/App Store on your device.
- In the search bar, type StoryGraph and press OK.
- Find and select the StoryGraph app.
- Then, tap the Update button. (If an update is available for the app.)
- Once the update is finished, launch the app and check if the issue has been resolved.
Method 8: Update Phone Software
Sometimes, if you’re running on the older software version then it may prevent some apps from functioning properly. It could be possible that the StoryGraph app isn’t working on your smartphone due to older software versions. It is important to update the device software to the latest version in order to fix the unknown bugs and glitches.
Updating the device is the other best way to diagnose such issues and bugs on the device. It resolves various app’s issues as well as general bugs. In addition, it boosts the device performance and efficiency as well. To check for software updates on the device, follow the below steps:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Scroll down and tap on System.
- Under the System menu, tap on Software update. (Now your device will automatically check for pending updates.)
- Tap on Download & Install to start the pending updates.
- Once update is finished, restart the device to apply changes.
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on General.
- Then, tap on Software Update.
- If any update is available on the screen, download it.
- Once download is finished, restart your iPhone to apply changes.
Method 9: Reinstall StoryGraph App
If you have tried the above solutions and it doesn’t work out, then the last method you can try out is to uninstall and then reinstall StoryGraph app on your mobile device. It is possible that there’s an issue with the app itself which occurs while installing for the first time. However, it could be possible that the file of the app is not correctly download on the device.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the app could help you in fixing the app related problems which will completely fix after installing the app. Typically, it acts as refreshing the app on your device.
- Simply remove the StoryGraph app from your device by uninstalling it.
- Once the app is removed from the device, then restart your phone.
- Then, head over to the Google Play Store or App Store.
- In the search bar, type StoryGraph and hit OK.
- Find and select the official app. You will see Download option.
- Tap on Download button to start the process.
- Once the app is installed, launch it and check if the issue is resolved.
Method 10: Contact Customer Support
If none of the above workarounds work out to solve the “StoryGraph app not working” issue on your mobile device, then the only thing which left is to contact StoryGraph customer support for further help. They’ll help you in providing their best strategies to fix the issue as soon as possible. You can also contact the team by mailing them at email@example.com.
StoryGraph is a popular and useful app for book’s readers and those who prefer to find something to discover with such books and novel topics. But it’s common to encounter occasional errors or issues while using the specific app on your device. The majority of readers stated that they’re not able to open the StoryGraph app, or sometimes the app isn’t working or keeps crashing. But we’ve got you with most effective methods that’ll help you get back to read the favorite book you’d like to.
Encountering such issues is a common on smartphones and computers, but with the right approach you may easily address the problem. We’ve listed the best solutions to fix the StoryGraph app not working issue. Make sure to follow the mentioned method and did your best to fix the issue. In case if the issue persists, then you should reach out to support team for help. We hope that this guide was helpful to you. However, if you have any questions, leave them in the comments section.