YAGER did recently release a new free-to-play multiplayer first-person shooter video game called ‘The Cycle: Frontier‘ as a “competitive quest shooter” title. The game also offers the cross-genre ‘PvP and PvE’ combination for the players to get into it. However, the game didn’t turn out to be overwhelming as of now for the players, it seems that The Cycle Frontier players are reporting about the multiplayer not working issue too. If you too then not to worry.
As per multiple reports online, plenty of players are unable to get into the multiplayer mode because either they can’t add friends to the list or the friends list not showing up at all. Even if your friends are online from their sides, you may find them offline, which is a common issue. It’s highly recommended to follow this troubleshooting guide completely to try fixing this specific issue unless you’re eagerly waiting for the developers to come up with patch updates.
- The Cycle Frontier Multiplayer Not Working, How to Fix?
The Cycle Frontier Multiplayer Not Working, How to Fix?
Well, there may be several possible reasons behind such an issue that you should check out below. However, the game server-related issue may trigger multiplayer not working in most scenarios. You should follow all the methods one by one until the problem gets fixed. So, without further ado, let’s get into it.
1. Ensure your Steam Profile is Public
It’s highly recommended to make sure that your Steam Profile is set to Public by following the steps below. So, that the other players can find and connect with you easily. To do that:
- Open the Steam client on the PC > Click on your Username in the top-right corner.
- Select View my profile > Click on Edit Profile.
- Head over to the Privacy Settings tab > Make sure to set the My Profile, Game Details, Friends List, and Inventory options to Public.
2. Restart the Game
The first thing you should do is simply restart The Cycle Frontier game on your PC or gaming console to check whether the problem has been fixed or not. Sometimes issues with the temporary glitch or the cache data can trigger server connectivity issues whatsoever. So, just exit the game and make sure to close background tasks completely before launching The Cycle Frontier game again.
3. Reboot the System/Device
In some scenarios, it’s better to simply reboot the gaming device no matter whether you’re using a PC or a gaming console. You should always try this method to ensure there is no conflict or system glitch present on the device that basically triggers the multiplayer connectivity issue.
4. Check your Internet Connection
You should also try checking out the internet connection at your end because a poor or unstable internet network can eventually cause online connectivity issues with the game servers whatsoever. If in case, you’re consistently receiving server connectivity errors on multiple games then make sure to contact your ISP for further assistance. You can also ask your ISP to upgrade the data plan for better internet speed or change the IP address too.
If you’re using a wireless (Wi-Fi) network then make sure to change it to a wired (ethernet) connection to get a stable internet speed for sure. Advanced users can also try using the Google DNS address on their internet settings to get maximum speed or access to the game servers across the globe.
5. Check Game Server Status
Another thing you can do is check out the game server status at your end to ensure whether there is a server downtime happening or not. The chances are high that your game server has some technical issues and there is an outage at the time when you’re trying to get into The Cycle Frontier multiplayer mode. The server maintenance or downtime/outage can happen at the developers’ end there is nothing to do at your end.
You should visit the @TheCycleGame Twitter handle and check for real-time outage reports. If there is a server downtime present then make sure to wait for around a couple of hours and then try again. If there is no downtime or outage then you can follow the next method.
6. Power Cycle the Wi-Fi Router
Sometimes only rebooting the game or device or switching the internet connection may not be useful because there might be an issue with the Wi-Fi router. In that scenario, performing the power cycle on your Wi-Fi router can also fix the internet connectivity-related issues completely. To do that:
- Turn off the router first > Once the LED indicators stopped, unplug the power cable from the router.
- Now, wait for around 30 seconds, and then plug back the power cable into the router.
- Turn on the router and check for The Cycle Frontier server connectivity error.
7. Verify and Repair Game Files
It’s also recommended to verify and repair the game files on your PC via the Steam client to cross-check whether the installed game files are corrupted or missing or not. The game launcher will do the job for you and automatically fix the game files-related issue. To do so:
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on The Cycle Frontier from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon of The Cycle Frontier.
- Click on Verify, and it’ll start verifying the game files.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
8. Flush DNS Cache
Make sure to flush the DNS cache on your computer to easily remove stored cache files related to the internet configuration. It can also help the PC and the internet settings to freshly connect with the game servers without any corrupted or older cache data. To do that:
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard to open the Start menu > Type Command Prompt and search for it.
- Now, right-click on Command Prompt > Select Run as administrator.
- Click on Yes to run with the admin access > Once the command prompt window opens, type the following command and hit Enter:
- A successful message will appear > Close the command prompt window.
- Now, reboot the PC to apply changes.
9. Reinstall The Cycle Frontier
The chances are high that somehow your installed game files become corrupted or missing due to the recent update or anything else. It’s recommended to uninstall and reinstall The Cycle Frontier game on your PC to check if the Multiplayer Mode Not Working problem has been fixed or not. To do so:
- Press the Windows key or click on the Windows icon to open the Start menu.
- Now, type Control Panel and search for it > Click on it from the result.
- Click on Uninstall a program > Search for The Cycle Frontier game.
- Click on the title and select Uninstall > Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Once done, reboot the PC to apply changes > Next, open the Steam client or Epic Games Launcher.
- Search for The Cycle Frontier and install the game again.
- You’re done. Enjoy!
10. Contact The Cycle Support Station
If none of the methods worked for you, then try contacting The Cycle Support Station for further assistance. Sometimes a support agent can easily help you with technical aspects or ask the agent to raise a ticket for this issue. So, that the game developers can investigate it deeply. Although resolving your issue and closing the ticket can take some time, it’s worth trying out in so many ways.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was useful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.