Microsoft’s OneDrive has millions of users who love the simplicity of the application. It is the famous Microsoft’s cloud storage service where you can store your important files and documents, which are easily accessible from anywhere. You don’t have to share large files on emails now. Just share the link of your OneDrive folder with family or friends via text messaging or emails.
The only problem with OneDrive is that it allows you to use only one personal account with a storage space of 5GB. You cannot use two personal OneDrive accounts for storing more data on your computer. But we have a surprise for you. In this article, we will show you how to handle two or more OneDrive accounts from your Windows 10 PC.
Benefits of having multiple OneDrive accounts?
OneDrive is a useful tool when it comes to storing your files and documents. When Microsoft limited the OneDrive storage space up to 5GB per account, many people had to use two OneDrive accounts to store their data. You might have considered creating two OneDrive accounts in the past. But the idea of managing two OneDrive accounts from separate devices was not appealing to you as it can be time consuming. You don’t have to worry anymore. Because by using our tips, you can now handle multiple OneDrive accounts on same computer or laptop.
Tips for using two or more OneDrive accounts on one PC or laptop:
Tip 1: Paid OneDrive Business account
If you are having trouble separating your personal and professional documents, you should go for the OneDrive business account. You can access it through an Office 365 subscription. You not only use two different OneDrive accounts on your computer but can also use up to 1TB storage space with the business account. Here’s a quick guide for you on how to create the OneDrive business account.
- Open the OneDrive application on your PC.
- Sign in to your first OneDrive account.
- You have to select a folder where you want your files to be synchronized.
- Click “Next“
- When you click on the “Open My OneDrive Folder” option, you can see all the folders and documents listed.
- To add a second account, right-click on the OneDrive icon present in the taskbar.
- Click on the “Settings” option.
- Go to the “Account” tab.
- Choose the “Add an account” option.
- Then, follow the same steps from the above to sync your files in the second account.
- Now, you can access both the OneDrive folders from the Windows File Explorer.
Tip 2: Use the help of your second OneDrive account
In case you don’t want to pay for a business account and only want to handle both of your OneDrive accounts from one computer, then this tip is for you.
- Sign in to your second OneDrive account.
- Then, you have to create a new folder in the second OneDrive account and name it as “Second Account.”
- Move all your stored data to this folder.
- Click on the “Share” option.
- You have to share this new folder with your primary OneDrive account. That’s why you will put the email address of your first OneDrive account.
- Sign out of the second OneDrive account and sign in to your first OneDrive account.
- Accept the “Second Account” folder.
- Now, you can access all the contents of your second OneDrive account from your first OneDrive account.
You cannot use another OneDrive account without signing out from your first OneDrive account, which is too time-consuming. Even after many complaints, Microsoft has no intention of adding the multiple account feature on OneDrive. There is another complaint that one personal OneDrive account has a small storage space of 5GB only.
To relieve you of these worries, we have provided tips that will help you handle multiple OneDrive accounts from one computer. They are easy and simple. We hope you will be able to handle multiple OneDrive accounts by using our tips. If you have any queries or feedback after reading this article, please write down the comment in the below comment box.