When it comes to things such as TWRP, rooting, custom ROMs, or any other software modification, bricks can happen. In a bricked device, the device will not boot, will not turn on, or is otherwise unresponsive. In the case that Nothing Phone 2 becomes unusable due to any reason, you can simply and quickly restore its functionality using EDL Mode.
- How To Unbrick Nothing Phone 2 Using EDL Firmware Package And Flash Tool
How To Unbrick Nothing Phone 2 Using EDL Firmware Package And Flash Tool
This is the primary bootloader, which includes EDL, Emergency Download Mode, and Deep Flash Mode. It is possible to have a secondary bootloader as well as a primary bootloader on phones. As part of the ROM, the primary bootloader is located. There is no way to remove it or tamper with it without removing the motherboard completely. It stores recovery mode, bootloader, and fastboot/download modes and can be changed. Here are the necessary steps to unbrick Nothing 2 using the EDL firmware package and flash tool:
#1. Install Android SDK
- From Google, Download the official Android SDK Platform Tools.
- Once you have downloaded the files, extract them to a convenient location on your computer.
#2. Install Qualcomm USB Drivers
- To check if your phone has been identified on your Windows computer, open the Device Manager.
- Afterward, in this case, you can skip to step 3 if you already have the Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 driver installed.
- On the other hand, if the QHUSB_BULK or Qualcomm HS-USB Diagnostics 900e appears, you must install the Qualcomm US Drivers.
- The Qualcomm drivers for Nothing Phone 2 are available per your PC’s CPU architecture (32-bit or 64-bit).
- You can run QDLoader_HS-USB_Driver_xxbit_Setup.exe by double-clicking it.
- Finally, to install the driver, follow the instructions on the screen.
#3. Disable Driver Signature Enforcement
Ensure your PC does not enforce driver signature enforcement to avoid conflicts with the Qualcomm HS USB Drivers (EDL Drivers).
#4. Download Nothing Phone 2 Unbrick Flash Tool
- For the Nothing Phone 2, you can download the Unbrick Flash Tool.
- With the password nothingphone2, extract the tool using 7ZIP.
- There is currently only support for the Global firmware in the tool.
#5. Boot Nothing Phone 2 to EDL Mode
- Turn off your device.
- Hold down the Volume Up and Down keys.
- Afterward, connect your device to your PC by using a USB cable.
- Ensure that Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 is in EDL Mode by checking the Device Manager.
#6. Unbrick Nothing Phone 2 via EDL Firmware and Flash Tool
- You can launch NothingFlashTool.exe by double-clicking it.
- From the drop-down menu, select Nothing Phone 2.
- In the tool interface, your device should be visible. Then click on Flash.
- When the flashing process is completed, the operating system will boot up on your device.
When using the Flash Tool and EDL Firmware, you must not brick your Nothing Phone 2. It is important to proceed with caution since these steps may result in data loss if you flash firmware.
So, that’s all we have for you on How To Unbrick Nothing Phone 2 Using EDL Firmware Package And Flash Tool. We hope that this guide has helped you. For now, let us know if you need any more assistance.