Activision has announced the all-new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare III update that brings incredible seasons, massive drops, new weapons, new multiplayer maps, zombie missions, and more. In terms of the in-game perks, players will be able to get top-tier weapons like BP50 AR, RAM-9 SMG, SOA Subverter BR, etc. It offers maps for 6v6 like Stash House, Vista, Departures, etc. In addition, new modes like Snipers Only, Team Gun Game, Hordepoint, rewards for Ranked Season 2, etc are there. However, it seems that the COD Warzone 3 Perks Not Working for some players.
As per multiple reports, the Call of Duty Warzone Season 1 Reloaded update does have some bugs or glitches that can impact the overall performance of the game, especially with the perks and custom loadouts. Affected Warzone 3 players mostly depend on custom loadouts and may experience such issues quite often. Even though this problem has become quite common these days, Activision hasn’t mentioned any official statement regarding this specific issue yet.
- How to Fix Warzone 3 Perks Not Working?
How to Fix Warzone 3 Perks Not Working?
It looks like a major bug in Call of Duty Warzone III hinders players from enjoying three perks in custom loadouts. This specific issue affects Warzone 3 players on multiple platforms and ruins the tactical gaming experience. The chances are high that somehow your outdated game patch version, corrupted game files, conflicts with the custom loadout, lack of system admin access, server downtime or outage, conflicts with the player profile data, and more can be potential reasons behind this issue.
Luckily, here we’ve shared with you some workarounds that should come in handy. Make sure to follow all troubleshooting methods until the problem has been fixed. So, without further ado, let’s jump into it.
1. Restart the Gaming Device
Before going into any other workaround, it’s recommended to simply restart your gaming device to ensure there is no temporary system glitch or cache data issue. A system reboot mostly fixes several issues in most cases.
2. Run Warzone III as an Administrator
You should run the Warzone 3 app as an administrator on the PC to avoid any kind of potential glitches up to some extent. To do so, check the steps below.
- Open the Start menu > Search for Warzone 3.
- Right-click on the Warzone3.exe application.
- Click on Properties > Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Enable the Run this program as an administrator option.
- Click on Apply and then OK to save changes.
3. Check for Warzone 3 Updates
It’s suggested to check for the game updates by following the steps below to resolve potential outdated game patch versions. Sometimes an outdated game version may trigger multiple issues with the game launching or in-game features.
- Open the Battle.net client.
- Select Warzone 3 from the library.
- Now, click on the cog wheel icon of the game.
- Click on Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, download and install it.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Right-click on Warzone 3.
- Select Properties.
- Click on Updates.
- From Automatic Updates, select Only update this game when I launch it.
- Now, launch the game and wait for the update to download.
- Go back to the Updates section.
- Select High Priority – Always auto-update this game before others (if you want).
- Turn On your PS4/PS5 console > Go to the Home screen.
- Now, navigate to the main menu on top.
- Head over to the Games tab.
- Select Call of Duty: Warzone 3.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Select Check for Update from the drop-down menu.
- Turn On your Xbox gaming console.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
- Next, go to the right side.
- Select Settings > Go to Updates & downloads.
- Enable the Keep my console up to date option.
- Enable the Keep my games & games up to date option.
4. Scan and Repair the Game Files
In some cases, corrupted or missing game files installed on the PC may trouble you a lot while the game starts and in-game features. You can check the steps below to scan and repair the game files on the PC.
- Open Battle.net > Click on Warzone 3.
- Select the Cog Wheel icon next to the Play button.
- Click on Scan and Repair.
- Wait for the repair to complete.
- Open Steam > Go to Library.
- Right-click on Warzone 3.
- Go to Settings and select Properties.
- Click on Local Files > Select Verify integrity of game files.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Finally, run the game to check for the issue.
5. Use Default Loadouts
The chances are high that using the default perks will be more effective in COD Warzone III instead of the custom loadouts. It’s recommended to put the default loadouts to work.
6. Create Custom Perk Packages
Try creating two new custom perk packages in Call of Duty: Warzone III with the same perks which depends on your desired setup. You’ll have to equip the first perk package to your loadout and then select it in Warzone 3. As several players have found this trick helpful, you should also perform this step.
7. Check for Activision Services
You can check for Activision Online Services here to ensure there is an issue with the server downtime or outage. Sometimes the server unavailability or downtime can trigger several issues for the players. If the online status is operational for your specific platform then you can head over to the next workaround. However, if there is an issue with the server outage then wait for a couple of hours & try again later. Just visit the link and select Call of Duty: Warzone 3 from the drop-down menu.
8. Sign Out of the Activision Account and Sign Back In
You can also log out of your Activision account and then log back into the account again to check if the problem has been fixed or not. Sometimes any kind of account or profile conflicts might occur such issues.
- Visit the Activision website and log into the valid account.
- Click on PROFILE at the top-right corner.
- From the ACCOUNT LINKING section, you’ll find out your profile.
- Click on the Linked Accounts option.
- Now, you’ll see all the linked accounts.
- Click on the Unlink button > Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Finally, sign into the account & link again.
9. Contact Activision Support
If none of the workarounds come in handy then be sure to contact Activision Support for additional help. You should also create a support ticket for the same issue to get a better resolution ASAP. Submitting the ticket will allow the developers to investigate the issue deeply. So, wait for the feedback and do it accordingly.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.