Android 13 is the latest version of the Android operating system and comes with new exciting features and enhancements to improve the overall user experience. One of the key features of Android 13 is its lock screen notifications, which allow users to see incoming notifications on their lock screen without having to unlock their device. However, many users have reported that Android 13 lock screen notifications not showing on their smartphones. If you are facing the same issue you can go through this article.
You won’t be able to see your notifications on the lock screen, and the cause may be anything from any software issue to a faulty application. Often, the notification issue is temporary and can be fixed with a simple device restart. However, if the issue is due to a misconfiguration in notification settings or improper app notification settings, then you have to change them. Today in this article, we will explore this issue in detail and share some troubleshooting methods to fix the same.
- Fix: Android 13 Lock Screen Notifications Not Showing
- Method 1: Disable Battery Saver Feature
- Method 2: Check if the lock screen notification feature is turned On
- Method 3: See if the lock screen notification is off for certain applications
- Method 4: Disable Do Not Disturb Feature
- Method 5: Remove background restrictions from the applications
- Method 6: Update Applications
- Method 7: Reset Device Settings
Fix: Android 13 Lock Screen Notifications Not Showing
The general fix for this issue is to restart the smartphone or do a simple soft reset. You don’t have to dig deep into the smartphone settings to fix this; some glutch could have been causing this issue with the lock screen notification. But you can try these proven troubleshooting methods if this issue is still unsolved.
Method 1: Disable Battery Saver Feature
Battery saver is a special feature in all Android smartphones that can limit the background processes and internet usage to save up much battery power. However, this often comes with sacrifice on important features such as live app updates, location, and even notifications.
Since the battery feature limits the background app activity and internet consumption, many notifications do not appear on your device. So, make sure you disable this feature on your device if it is not necessary. If you use a third-party battery optimizer or battery saver app, you must also disable it.
Method 2: Check if the lock screen notification feature is turned On
You won’t get any lock screen notification if this feature is not turned On. This is pretty obvious and you have to check for that feature by going into the settings. Here is how you can check for this lock screen notification settings.
- Go to your device’s settings by swiping down the notification panel and tapping on the gear-shaped icon in the right corner.
- Tap on Notifications and then select the lock screen notification.
- Toggle on the Lockscreen Notification if it is turned off (or gray).
- You can choose to show or hide content on the lock screen for your selected applications.
Method 3: See if the lock screen notification is off for certain applications
If you want to see notifications for certain applications on the lock screen and you are not getting them. This is very common as the settings for that particular application are turned off, and you won’t see any notification from that application on the lock screen.
- Go to settings again and click on applications or Apps
- Now, scroll down and find the application which is not showing notifications on the lock screen
- Tap on the application and select the notification
- Now, Toggle on the Allow Notification, and from the three options at the bottom, select Lock screen
Method 4: Disable Do Not Disturb Feature
If you have enabled DND on your Android device you won’t get any notification on the lock screen or even when the phone is unlocked. You have to switch off the DND manually to get the notifications service to work again.
- Open the Settings of your device
- Select notifications and tap on Do Not Disturb
- Toggle off the Do Not Disturb Service
Method 5: Remove background restrictions from the applications
You won’t get any notification from the application when it is set to turn off in the background. You have to check for the background restriction for the application and remove it if there are any to get the notification on the lock screen.
- Go to your Home screen and long-press an application
- You will see a bunch of options along with the i (information) option. Click on the information button.
- Select mobile data and toggle on the background data uses to allow the application to use data in the background.
- Return to the information menu and tap on the battery and select Unrestricted.
- Your application is now unrestricted from the background battery and data uses.
Method 6: Update Applications
If you have tried all of the steps given above and are still unable to fix the lock screen notification for a certain application, then there is a problem with that application. Try updating the application, or you can uninstall and reinstall the application.
- Head over to your play store.
- Tap on the profile picture in the top right corner and select Manage apps & device
- You will see an overview of the application you have installed
- Tap on update all. Wait for a few minutes until all applications update.
- Now check if the lock screen notification is fixed or not.
Method 7: Reset Device Settings
If none of these solutions work, you may need to reset your device’s settings to their default values. This will erase all customizations and preferences, so make sure to back up your data before proceeding. To reset your device’s settings, go to Settings > System > Reset options > Reset all settings.
It is frustrating if you are waiting for someone’s text and miss those texts just because Android 13 lock screen notifications are not showing. You can fix this issue by reviewing all the solutions in this guide. You have to try every step carefully to fix the notification issue on your smartphone. Hoping that this article was a help.